CHAPTER 18

What Happened Between Us?

BB dorm.

Big Bang just gets back from the late supper with the WG. They came inside the room and feel weird because the dorm is dark and there’s no sign of everyone inside the dorm. Where did TOP and GD gone? It’s almost 1.30 a.m.  Seungri go check inside TOP room and relieve when seeing TOP was there and already into a deep sleep. Then he goes into Jiyong room.

Seungri: Youngbae hyung, TOP hyung was here but Jiyong is nowhere to be found. He’s not in the room. It’s already morning.

YB: Where has he gone too? Let me call him first. (YB start dialling his phone, then someone came in at the main door. it was Jiyong.) oh, Jiyong-ah, where did you came from?

GD: from the studio. YG need me to work on our next song for Japanese debut. I’m so busy lately. It’s making me stress and tired. I need to catch my sleep. Tomorrow I need to go there again early in the morning. Ugh.

YB: but G, I have something to tell you.

GD: sorry Youngbae-ah, save it later. I’m so exhausted. (GD disappear from the living room and fallen asleep as soon as he get onto his bed.)

YB: this will change your life G. I guess, you need to wait a little longer for your butterfly.

22 December 2007. YGE studio.

GD: argh. I’m so stress. (All the lyrics sheet and can from the drink are everywhere. The room is in a mess. GD also in a mess. He looks unmanageable. He just leaning back on his chair and frowning. he close his eyes and he falls into a deep thought.)

Youngbae came into the room. Little bit shock when looking at GD condition. He goes closer and pat Jiyong shoulder. Jiyong look up and saw Youngbae smiling at him. He smiles back and sits straight.

GD: what’s up Youngbae-ah.

YB: nothing much. (Looking around the room.) Are you okay G? You look terrible.

GD: yeah. I’m not feeling so good nowadays. It’s making me sick.

YB: I don’t know if this is a right time. Remember I have something to tell you few days ago?

GD: you did? I’m so sorry. I totally forgot about it. What is it?

YB: I don’t know if this still has any meaning for you. But, I’ll still tell you about this. You remember that I, Seungri and Daesung are going to supper with Sunye, Yeeun and Yoobin the other day’s right? Well, they told us something that night. (GD just flash a curious eyes to YB and didn’t talk.)

YB: Sunye tell us the reason why Sohee seem cold towards you.

GD: what? Is this true Youngbae-ah? She told you about it? Why? Tell me why Youngbae-ah. (GD is holding and shaking YB shoulder.)

YB: hey, chill, I’ll tell you about it. Calm down. Actually, you and sohee have some simple misunderstanding. (GD locks his eyes at YB.) She’s hurt about your words.

GD: my words? What is it? I’m the one is hurt with her words. What is this?

YB: Sohee actually like you G. What she has said in the waiting room has no intention at all. When you start acting cold around her, she feels like you just playing with her. You did say to her you want to get close with her right? But when you just shut her off, she’s feeling hurt. She talks to Sunye about it. Sunye thought it just a simple crush on you. But then, Yeeun heard her talking alone in her room, that her feeling for you is not just simple crush. It’s something different. She likes you G!

GD is shock. He freezes in his seat. Still digesting YB words. Is this true? I’m not dreaming right. This is real right?

YB: G! Did you hear what I said just now? Sohee likes you. She has a same feeling with you. (YB shaking GD when he saw GD looks kinda blank.)

GD: OH MY GOD! Thank you my friends. You save my life! (GD hugs YB and he smile. The big radiant smile is on his face. His eyes are shining. He feels the happiness on his bone. He feels like he can’t be more happier than this.) I’ll meet her Youngbae-ah. I’ll call her. I’ll tell her how much I miss her voice, her smile. I miss everything about her. I’ll tell her.

YB: I know she is important to you.

GD: right now, she means the world to me Youngbae-ah. She’s my everything. She’s my inspiration. My happiness!

YB: whoa! You never like this G. She really got that special space in your heart. When will you tell her this?

GD: I want to make it special and meaningful. Since Christmas is just around the corner, she must be busy, I’ll tell her after Christmas. I’ll tell her soon. Just you wait. I’ll make her mine. I’ll make her happy. And I’ll give my all to keep her right beside me. Trust me.

26 december 2007.

Some park near Han River. (I found it somewhere that, GD and Sohee are really there that night. Fans saw them and GD looks like going to propose her (be his girlfriend). I don’t know how much truth is that, but, I’m gonna put it in my story.)

Sohee: oppa? Jiyong-oppa?

GD: oh, Sohee, you came.

Sohee: yes oppa. But why did you want to meet me here? I mean, we haven’t talk to each other so long. But you suddenly want to meet me alone. What’s wrong oppa?

GD: I want to say sorry because I didn’t keep my words towards you. I’m sorry for keeping my distance with you. I did what I did is because, I want to restrain myself.

Sohee: eo? Why was that? Restrain yourself from what?

GD: restrain myself from falling deeper with your dazzling charm. But, the more I avoid you, the more my feeling has grown. I… I miss you Sohee-ah. I miss listening to your voice, looking at your smile. Hearing your laughing or grumbling. I miss all of that. (GD looks at Sohee.) I like you Sohee. Or maybe, I already had fallen in love with you. I want to make you my worlds. I want to make you my everything. I want to keep you right beside me. I want to make you as mine. Do you want to be my girlfriend? (GD holds both Sohee hands and look deeper inside her eyes. Sohee is speechless.)

Sohee: you’re not kidding right now right oppa? This is so hard to believe.

GD: I’ve never been so serious like this. I’ll never play with your heart. What I’ve just tell you, came straight from my heart. I really mean it.

Sohee: I don’t know. I also have the same feeling about you. But, it’s so hard. We’re an idol. What if people know about it? What if pd-nim and YG teacher know about this? What about our member?

GD: I’ll think about that later. Answer my question first. Do you want to be my girlfriend?

Sohee: ………. of course oppa. You don’t know how disappointed and miserable I feel when you shut me off. I thought you’re just playing with me. And it’s make me sad.

GD: (he takes Sohee into his arms. Right now, he feels like he own this world. He feels like all the happiness is belong to him right now. He is tearing up.) I’m sorry for making you feel that way. I thought you don’t like me at all. That’s why I keep a distance between us. I’ll never hurt you. You’re mine right now and I’ll protect you.

Sohee: (she hugs him back.) I like you oppa. I like you a lot. And you don’t have any idea how happy I feel when you said that to me.

GD: thank you Sohee-ah. For giving me your heart. I’ll always treasure it. I’ll take care of it.

Sohee: thank you oppa. I hope we’ll always be like this.

That night, mark 26 December 2007, Han River became their witness. A meaningful and beautiful moment takes place. All of happiness belongs to them, that night. They own the worlds. They got each other. They gave each other their love and heart. In promise, to always take care of it.