JongYu

Eidolon

 

The Lucky Scare

 

Jonghyun staggered back, his legs finally giving in and he tumbled down to the floor, his chest heaving, as heavy sobs left him, his vision blurring.

 

“Hey, are you okay?”

 

Jonghyun screamed at the foreign voice, waving his hands frantically as he moved back.

 

“Hey! Hey, it’s alright,” and he felt warm fingers fasten around his hands, stopping them.

 

“I want to go out,” he said, “I can’t go on any further.” and he wiped his face on the sides of his arms.

 

He saw the other man turn and look around, Jonghyun blinked twice or thrice, adjusting his eyes to the darkness. After a few minutes of frantic searching the man’s gaze finally settled back on Jonghyun.


“I don’t think that’s possible, I mean you are half way through…” he trailed as he got up, pulling Jonghyun up along with him.

 

“No,” Jonghyun let out a shaky breath, “I can’t do it alone.” Jonghyun could feel his eyes water again.

 

“Where are your friends?” the other man asked, as he squeezed Jonghyun’s hand reassuringly.

 

“That , Minho, and that ticket boy left me behind.” he said softly his fingers, clamming even more tightly with the others’, when he heard a loud scream.

 

“Ticket boy?”

 

“I-I was scared and Minho said he wouldn’t let me hold his hand, so I asked the ticket boy to lead us through, but, I got left behind.”

 

“Taemin was with you? Then who is at the front desk?” he asked, shaking his head in exasperation.

 

Jonghyun moved closer to him, when he heard vibrations pass through the floor.

He could feel the hesitance in the other man, but he still held on tightly.

 

The other sighed, ruffling his hair with his free hand, “Fine, I’ll lead you out.”

 

Jonghyun nodded, wiping the stray tears, and followed Jinki through the rest of the course. He promised himself, once he was out of here he was gonna kill Minho. How could he just leave him there and move on? Yes, he agreed that fear had paralysed him and he couldn’t move when he saw the person sitting on the rocking chair get up and come towards him, but at least Minho could have turned around and looked at him, but he didn’t, in fact he ran away, laughing, with the ticket boy.

 

“I’m Jinki, by the way,” the other said as they exited the dark, narrow alley. “Sorry for scaring you like that, but that’s my job.” he said a small sheepish smile gracing his lips.

 

Jonghyun nodded, “I’m Jonghyun, w-well you are pretty good at your Job then.”

 

Jinki chuckled at that, and they turned a corner, entering a room, dim with flickering red lights, and Jonghyun huddled more closer to Jinki, he could feel it that something was gonna happen here.

 

As soon as they entered the room, something flew towards them, and Jonghyun screamed, the intensity grew when it collided with him and he could feel a few strands of long hair brush against his arm.

 

He completely latched onto Jinki, who held him tighter and whispered a ‘be careful’ to him. The next instant, something fell from above and that was it for him. The tears that had stopped, were now finding their way again, and he could feel his legs begin to tremble. He felt Jinki pull him even more close, as he dragged them both out of the room.

 

“There are stairs here,” Jonghyun heard Jinki’s soft voice guide him through the darkness.

 

They went down the stairs slowly, the way Jonghun holding Jinki making it hard for them to move.
 

“Jonghyun,” Jinki addressed him softly, “Loosen up a bit, I think my shirts’ gonna tear.”

 

“No,” Jonghyun shook his head frantically, his hold around Jinki’s arm tightening. Jinki could feel Jonghyun’s fingers dig into his flesh, and all he could do was smile at the adorable mess beside him.

 

He let out an exasperated sigh, “Okay fine,” and he pulled Jonghyun by his waist, his hand resting along it’s soft curve.

 

Jonghyun leaned into the embrace and then entered the last room.

 

As soon as they entered the room, the floor started vibrating making small squeaks of ‘oh my god’ escape from Jonghyun. The vibrating stopped as abruptly it had started. Jinki took in a deep breath, he knew what chaos was gonna break out soon.

 

All of a sudden there were loud banging noises against the wooden walls, followed by screams and roars. Jinki sighed at the volume, he was sure he definitely wasn’t this loud, and he definitely was sure that this could lead to hear loss for the customers and throat aches for the ghosts.

 

Jonghyun hid behind Jinki as they made way through the room, and then it suddenly struck him what exactly happened in the last room.
 

“Jonghyun! Come up fro-”

 

“Jinki!” Jonghyun screamed when they heard heavy footsteps, thudding against the wood paneled floor.  Jonghyun felt someone grab onto his shoulder, pulling him back. “Jinki!” he called out again, his heart hammering at the same speed as the tears were running down his cheeks.

 

Jinki ran out of the room, dragging Jonghyun along with him towards the exit.

 

---

 

Once out of the scary house, Jinki led Jonghyun to the washroom to calm him down.

 

“I’m never going to a scary house again,” he sobbed against Jinki’s chest his hands tightening around Jinki’s collars.

 

Jinki pressed small soothing circles into his back, “It’s alright, it’s over now.”

 

They stood like that till Jonghyun could feel his legs again, and once his frantic fear laden mind and heart calmed down, he realised the intimate contact he had Jinki in, and pulled back.

 

“You alright now?” Jinki asked.

 

Jonghyun nodded as he wiped the remnant tears with the tissue, he looked up at Jinki, finally seeing him truly, the dim light as well as the fear he had felt inside house hadn’t let him.

 

Jonghyun took in the slightly long hair, the kohl around the edges of his eyes, his completely black costume, that now clung to Jinki’s chest due to a mixture of tears and sweat. He felt apologetic and embarrassed but nevertheless, a bit happy to have clung onto someone as attractive and kind like Jinki. He gazed upon Jinki’s charms- his concerned eyes, his encouraging smile and his handsome smile, only to be interrupted by his warm, honey voice.

 

“Why don’t you call up your friend?” Jinki suggested, as he smoothened Jonghyun’s hair.

 

Jonghyun found his heart catch up pace, not in fear this time, and he pulled out his phone from his back pocket, dialling up Minho. Minho picked up the call on the second ring, and Jonghyun sighed in relief when he heard his best friend’s voice.

 

After a lot of calling names and calling the other coward, they decided to meet up in the food court as that was where him and Taemin-the ticket boy-were. Jinki offered to Jonghyun up to the food court as he could still see that the other was still quite shaken.

 

They exchanged numbers-just in case Jonghyun fell sick or something (not really)-when they saw Minho and Taemin make way to them. Jinki dragged Taemin back with him, leaving after patting Jonghyun reassuringly on his back.


 

That night, Jonghyun was wide awake and jittery, not in remembrance of his experience in the scary house, but because of Jinki. He finally dialled Jinki’s number, stating that he was too scared to sleep, but the conversation went further than words of soothing and Jonghyun hung up an hour later, marking a date with a heart and Jinki’s name on his calendar and thanking his idiotic but lucky reasoning to have stepped into the scary house that day.


 


A/N:

This is a result of my failed attempt to go to a scary house 'cause my partner chickened out in the end!
And this happened twice!! Ughh!!
I've never been to one till now TnT