TaeKey

Eidolon


Valentine’s day was just around the corner, 6 days to be precise, and Taemin had decided what he had to do.

 

His crush on the school’s resident Diva hadn’t gone unnoticed by his friends, and in a spur of the moment when his friends were teasing him and making fun of his one-sided love (that bastard Jonghyun, he was definitely going to take his revenge on that moron) he announced that he would confess to Key on Valentine’s day.
It wasn’t that he was scared of confessing, he just believed that there was a right time for it, and his time hadn’t come yet; but now he couldn’t back out, and how was he going to say no when opportunity had come knocking on his door. 



And hence he decided that till Valentine’s day he would drop gifts in Key’s locker and would confess on 14th.



On Monday Taemin watched with bated breath as Key took the small, yellow chick key-chain he had made for him hanging from his locker. He pressed himself flat against the cool marble wall near the water cooler from where he was watching Key.

He smiled smugly when he saw Key pocket the key-chain and leave.

 

 

 

On Tuesday Key found mittens hanging from his locker, a note hidden inside one of the gloves,

“It’s still pretty cold, I hope these will keep you warm.”

Key put them on with a smile.

 

 

On Wednesday Key found a bunch of purple lilacs on the floor right in front of his locker. A blush came on his face when he remembered the meaning behind these flowers.

 

 

On Thursday Key found a phone strap hanging from the locker knob and a post-it sticker stuck beside it.

"How about couple straps?"

Key chuckled as he took down the strap.

 

 

On Valentine’s day Key rushed to his locker at the end of the day to see what his secret admirer had left him today.He seriously hoped they weren’t chocolates or flowers cause he had had a lot of them already.

Today only a post it sticker was stuck on his locker.
"Come to the rooftop.

The sight on the rooftop left Key wide-eyed. He saw a young man, leaning against the railing staring right back at him.



"It was you?" Key asked.



Taemin nodded. “I’m Taemin by the way.” and he walked to Key who stood at the entrance.
"I see you really liked the strap," Taemin said as he raised his eyebrows in the direction of Key’s phone, which was held tightly in his hand.



Key blushed at that and before he could say anything Taemin continued,
"So Key… will you become the key to the lock that will keep safe this passionate heart of mine which flutters only for you?" and he gestured to his heart.


"I-I hardly even know you." Key said softly, as a blush coloured his cheeks adorably.



"Oh it’s okay, we have all the time we need to get to know each other." Taemin said as he held Key’s hand in his and led him down the stairs.



"Where are we going?"



"On a date. It’s Valentine’s day today isn’t it?"



"I..okay and it’s Hyung for you." Key said and he let Taemin drag him to the date he had planned for them.

 

 


 

A/N:
Purple lilacs represent first love.
This was written a year ago based on a prompt i got here on aff!
(The first thing other than jongyu that i wrote ^^")