TaeKey

Eidolon

 

Their last final was english and after much begging and whining and pouts from Taemin, Kibum had finally agreed for a late night cram session.

 

After dinner, they settled down with their collection of short stories, Kibum planning out that they finish this first.

 

Taemin sat still for the first fifteen minutes, actually reading the stories, but gave up eventually after he had read his favourite story among them all. He rested his head on the table, the book propped up in front of him, but his gaze not the book. His eyes on the one sight he had come to love with all his being, even more than dancing.

 

He watched Kibum flip through the pages as he read through each and every story. A smile formed on face at the array of heart aching expressions he saw on Kibum’s face. The small smile, that little pout and Kibum’s teasing habit of his lips and biting them had him practically swooning.

 

“Are you done?”

 

Taemin blinked, his mind focusing back, he pouted as he sat up straight. “I’m bored.” he whined.

 

Kibum rolled his eyes and went back to his reading.

 

“I’m bored!” Taemin whined again.

 

“So read.” Kibum said as he casually switched to the next page.

 

“I’ve read all of them before, I don’t want to read them again.” he moaned. His eyes fell on the playstation and the cds stacked up near it. “Let’s play!” he exclaimed, hitting Kibum on his hand.

 

“We can play tomorrow after the exam. Study now.”

 

“Who even studies for an english exam?” Taemin grumbled.

 

“I do. And, it was you who wanted to study together, not me.”

 

That shut Taemin up, his eyes narrowing. That was true, he had forced Kibum into this cram session, so that he could spend some time with him because he hadn’t even seen Kibum’s hair during their past exams. He would come right before the exam would start and leave as soon as it was over. Heck Kibum had even switched his phone off, cutting all ties with everyone so he could study properly.

 

“Okay, let’s play for an hour?” Taemin offered. “Then we can go back to studying.”

 

Kibum looked at the ridiculously adorable sight in front of him, Taemin had a way of getting his things done. “Fine.” he said as he put his book down. “But we are not going to play any games, I’d have to set everything up again and that would take a lot of time. So what else?”

 

“Let’s dance then.” Taemin said, his eyes gleaming up with excitement as he pulled his phone out. “I hope all that studying hasn’t rusted your joints.”

 

Kibum laughed as he got up and helped make space for them to dance.

 

Taemin started off with an easy and a peppy number, laughing as he and Kibum jumped about the room instead of dancing.

 

The song then changed to a disco number that had them doing over exaggerated dance moves as they held a mini dance battle.

 

The next song was club house mix, that had them swaying to the rhythmic beats. Taemin stopped for a few minutes, catching up on his breath. He watched Kibum move his shoulders in accordance to the beat, a slight swing in his hips, his cheeks flushed, that dorky smile on his face that sent his heart on an overdrive. He walked to Kibum who raised an eyebrow at him.

 

“Would it be okay, If I told you I loved you?”

 

Kibum searched Taemin’s face for any farce, his heart beat in resonance with the erratic beats of the drum. He caught hold of Taemin’s hand when he saw the other’s face fall at his lack of response.

 

Taemin looked up, hope a mere glint only in his eyes at Kibum’s contact. He gasped when Kibum pulled him closer and closed the distance even further when he connected their lips in a breath-taking kiss.

 

“Let’s get back to our books.” Kibum said as he pulled back, his fingers still entangled with Taemin’s.

 

And that made up for all the boring English short stories Kibum forced him to go through rest of the night.