OnKey

Eidolon

 

"I’m your bodyguard starting from today." Kibum said, a smug smile on his face.

 

Jinki looked up from the collection of nursery rhymes in his lap. “Why?” he asked, as he moved to a side so that Kibum could sit beside him.

 

"Minho said I couldn’t be spy," Kibum said with the most adorable pout. "He said, everyone knows my name and they even know where I live, so I can’t be one! I even thought of a cool spy name, Key!"

 

"But that is true isn’t it," a small smile started on Jinki’s lips.

 

"Yeah I know. That’s why I’m your bodyguard and will protect you from all the bad guys." and he sat down in Jinki’s lap, "What you doing old man?"

 

"I’m learning all these rhymes cause you guys don’t wanna." Jinki shifted Kibum to a much more comfortable position.

 

They both looked up from the book when they heard Minho and Jonghyun call out to Jinki.

"It’s time for you to get back to your duty," Jinki said, as Minho and Jonghyun ran towards them screaming ‘attack’ and ‘fire’.

 

"Yes sir." and Kibum slid down from Jinki’s lap, and stood with his hands folded across his chest in front of his teacher.

"What do you want from him, you idiots?"

 

"We have come to take him away from you! Right Minho?"

 

"Yes." Minho agreed with Jonghyun. "We will be better bodyguards than you."

 

"He is mine, go back to Taemin!" Kibum called out angrily.

 

"No, we want him." Both Jonghyun and Minho shouted.

 

"You wanna fight?" Kibum charged towards them not before telling Jinki to wait for him, and not to come in between their fight.

 

Jinki sighed, it was going to be long day, and he closed his book.

 

Kibum pushed down Minho and ran after Jonghyun. Though somewhat smaller than the other two, Kibum was quite strong.

 

Kibum chased Jonghyun till they were again back in front of Jinki. Minho was waiting just for this and lunged at him.

 

Kibum fell to the ground along with Minho, who somehow had caught hold of Kibum’s red shorts.

 

And that’s how Jinki had found them, Kibum with a scraped knee and his shorts pulled down, wailing; and Minho apologizing while trying hard to hold his laughter.

 

Jinki made Kibum stand as he pulled his shorts up for him. He glared at Jonghyun who started laughing as soon as he arrived.

 

"Go back to class." he told them curtly and carried Kibum to the infirmary their kindergarten had.

 

After a lot of pacifying and sweets, Kibum had stopped crying.

"You are a good bodyguard." Jinki ruffled the boy’s hair, making Kibum’s sniffles stop altogether.

 

"Really?" Kibum asked, his eyes wide as he wiped his nose on the back of his hand.

 

"Yes." Jinki hummed."It felt great seeing you protect me, but you have to stop now, see you got hurt." he gestured to the hello kitty band-aid on Kibum’s knee.

 

"But I wanna be your bodyguard! I wanna be your bodyguard!"and Kibum thrashed around the bed.

 

Jinki shook his head, “Okay,” he sighed, “but as long as you let me be yours, ‘Kay?” He ruffled a grinning Kibum’s hair and carried him back to class.

 

Needless to say, Kibum’s been a teacher’s boy ever since.

 

 


A/N:
Sort of unexpected right ^^"