TaeKey

Eidolon

 

Kibum sighed as he shut the door after Taemin had left. Taemin was gone, again, just like the past few days and he couldn’t help but feel sad. It was one of their rare holidays and Kibum had planned out each and every day, all their little dates they would go on, the stolen kisses and the cuddling they could indulge in, but each day he was faced with a chaste kiss against his lips, a rushed goodbye and Taemin’s leaving back.

 

Everyday his heart hurt, hurt at the thought of all the time they could have spent together, hurt when he saw his dreams going down the drain and hurt even more at the thought that Taemin was slowly leaving him, leaving him to never come back again.

 

Kibum washed his face, cleaning it of the traces of his sorrow and loneliness. He grabbed hold of a beer bottle, drowning his pain with the cold liquid. Three or four bottles later, when everything made sense but at the same time it was all confusing, he decided he would finally ask Taemin, what was going on.

 

“You’re seeing someone, aren’t you?” he slurred when the call connected.

 

“Kibum!” Taemin exclaimed. “You’re drunk!”

 

“So what if I’m drunk, you don’t even care anymore.” Kibum spat back.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Taemin asked worry tinging his voice.

 

“You tell me what’s wrong Tae! You aren’t here, you are never here for me nor for us. If you are done with us, just be a man and own up that you’ve found someone to keep you interested, that you are leaving and this going to be the last goodbye.” he cut the call before Taemin could speak.

 

He took another bottle of beer and settled down against the sofa, his back pressing into the soft material, making him deflat. All the tension leaving his body, making it lose its rigidity, all the welled up emotions finally surfacing.

 

He was jolted awake from the exhausted sleep he had fallen into when he felt soft hands caress his cheeks.

 

“Hey,” Taemin said softly, his fingers Kibum’s cheeks.

 

“Don’t,” Kibum hiccuped as he pulled back.

 

Taemin again held Kibum’s face, staring right into his eyes. “You know that could never be true, I could never cheat on you Bummie.”

 

Kibum scoffed, “You really want me to believe that. Then tell me where have you been lately, what do you do every day, what keeps you so busy that you don’t even have time to check your messages, why do you come late, creep in like a thief who has something to hide?” his voice faltered at the end.

Taemin leaned in, pressing small kisses all over Kibum’s face when he saw tears in his eyes, “It’s all a misunderstanding Bummie.” he said softly.

 

“Then speak up, clear it, or tell me that this is the end and it’s over for us.” he insisted.

 

Taemin sighed, “Your birthday is coming up,” he said with a small smile, color rising in his cheeks as he continued, “and I...and I planned a very special gift for you. I was going to propose to you.”

 

“Really?” Kibum asked as he sat up straight.

 

“Yes, and you know how I am. I can never hide anything from you, that is why I was avoiding you so that I wouldn’t slip up anything about the plan. Guess I was wrong.”

 

“You silly, silly fool. You should have given me a hint, that would have sufficed, I wouldn’t have over thought and come to such dire conclusions.” Kibum exclaimed as he wiped his cheeks.

 

“Well...now that you know, please have some patience, I want to make it perfect for you, for us.” he said shyly.

 

Kibum giggled as he leaned and gave Taemin a proper kiss. They broke apart, their smiles speaking the words they couldn’t have.

 

“Come young man,” Taemin said as he got up, “let’s go to bed, ‘cause I know  how you get when you're drunk and sleepy.” which earned him a smack on his .