JongYu

Eidolon

 

Jinki woke up to the smell of the bitter coffee brewing, he groaned as he got up from bed and dragged himself to the kitchen. “Let’s go back to bed.” he mumbled as he nuzzled Jonghyun’s neck, hugging him from behind.

 

“You know we can’t do that.” Jonghyun chuckled as he turned around and gave Jinki a small peck.

 

“Let’s call in sick.” Jinki said, as he leaned in, hoping for another kiss.

 

“Nah-ah.” Jonghyun said as he pressed his finger against Jinki’s lips. “Now go get ready, breakfast will be ready in a few minutes.” and he turned back to the kitchen counter.

 

“You’re so mean. I’m gonna get back at you for this.” Jinki grumbled as he left to get ready.

When he came back he saw Jonghyun sitting on their little round table, sipping his coffee as he browsed through his phone. Judging from the amount of coffee in the jar it seemed that Jonghyun had had already 2-3 cups of coffee.

 

“Is everything alright?” Jinki asked as he sat down.

 

Jonghyun raised his brows at the question.

 

“I think that’s your second cup of coffee Jonghyun.” Jinki said, worry tinging his voice.

 

“Oh.” Jonghyun chuckled. “I didn’t realise I had poured myself another cup.” he grinned sheepishly at Jinki.

 

-

 

At lunch Jinki had called Jonghyun up to just check in and see how the other’s composition was going. He felt these red sirens blare in his head when Jonghyun had informed that Minho had come over and they were sipping pepsi with their pizza.

 

Jinki felt concerned, someone was gonna get on a caffeine high pretty soon.

 

-

 

Later in the night when Jinki walked in, he was greeted by the furious clicks of the mouse and the taps of the keyboard. He found Jonghyun sitting on the sofa his laptop on the coffee table and a starbucks cup in hand.

 

“Should I be concerned about how much caffeine you’re taking in?” Jinki asked as he sat down beside Jonghyun. “Because your sleep routine is pretty ed up even without the caffeine.” he said as he Jonghyun’s back.

 

“It’s alright.” Jonghyun said as he leaned into Jinki’s touch. “It’s just that I’ve got my inspiration back and I’ve already penned down two songs! So couldn’t help the little celebration with coffee.” Jonghyun exclaimed.

 

“Congratulations babe.” Jinki said as he let Jonghyun kiss him.

 

-

 

Jinki squinted at his phone, trying to gauge the time. He sighed, it was nearly three and Jonghyun had decided to wake him up at such an ungodly hour.

 

“Jinki I can’t sleep.” he heard Jonghyun’s panicked voice. He blinked twice, his vision clearing as he saw Jonghyun peering down at him. “I think all that caffeine has finally gotten to me.” Jonghyun said when Jinki sat up.

 

“You could try writing?” Jinki offered sleepily.

 

“I’m tired of writing, been doing that the whole day. I don’t know...I just feel weird inside seeing you sleep, I wanna sleep too.” Jonghyun whined.

 

Jinki caught Jonghyun’s face in his hands as all sleep left him at Jonghyun’s whine, the gravity of the situation hitting him. “Let’s do something together then? Let’s play on the x-box?” Jinki asked.

 

Jonghyun shook his head, “I don’t think I have the capacity to do anything that requires me using even a single of my brain cell.”

 

Jinki rubbed his palm across Jonghyun’s back trying to soothe him as he was at loss of any more suggestions.

 

“Jinki?”

 

“Yes?” Jinki felt his heart skip a beat a Jonghyun’s tone.

 

“Let’s .”

 

“What?” was his sleep still obscuring his hearing.

 

“Yes let’s . Thats ought to tire me out, maybe bring me down from this caffeine high and I can fall asleep.” Jonghyun said as he used his best puppy eyes on Jinki as his hand traveled underneath Jinki’s shirt.

 

“Jong-” before even Jinki could formulate his thoughts properly to complete his sentence, Jonghyun pushed him back into the bed, trapping Jinki under him.

 

I am so gonna have to watch his caffeine intake, Jinki thought as he felt Jonghyun pull his pajamas down. But for now it was alright, he concluded, very alright.