JongYu

Eidolon

Taemin cursed as he found himself standing in front of the chemistry lab, in the other building. He was sure he was on the right path, heck he even saw a few of his classmates in front of him, but how the did he end up in front of the chemistry lab instead of the music room?

 

 

He ruffled his hair frustratedly as he began his search again. He retraced his steps back, trying to atleast find the right building this time.

 

He stopped in front a door when he heard low voices inside, at the least someone could guide him and put him back on the right path. It was the locker room this time that he had walked into. He stepped in further when he heard voices.

 

“Oh-I am sorry.” Taemin apologized instantly, his cheeks reddening, when he saw exactly what he had walked onto.

 

The two guys pulled apart to look directly at Taemin. Their lips swollen, hands inside each other's shirts, breaths leaving their lungs with great vigor. Of all things he could have walked on, he couldn’t believe he had actually walked in on some people making out.

 

“Oh !” the shorter of the two cursed quietly and quickly turned away from Taemin.

 

“I-I got lost. I am looking for the music room.” Taemin turned his attention to the other guy, looking him right in the eyes.

 

“It’s the last door on the left.” the shorter guy mumbled against the chest of the other guy.

 

“Sorry?” Taemin asked. “I couldn’t catch that.”

 

“It’s the last door on the left.” The taller guy repeated as he pulled the shorter guy closer to himself. “What’s your name?” he asked.

 

“Taemin,” Taemin said shyly his eyes on the taller guy’s hand which was resting on the other’s . He apologized and excused himself quickly, he couldn’t stand the guys gaze on him.

 

-

 

The next time Taemin had seen those guys from the locker room was two days later in the cafeteria. Considering the way they had been making out, Taemin hadn’t expected them to be this...distant. The shorter guy sat a few tables ahead of him with the rest of the football team and the taller sat at the table near the entrance, reading while he ate. He watched for a while more, thinking maybe they would at least glance at each other, but nada. They didn’t.

 

“Who exactly is that?” Taemin asked Kibum, a junior he had befriended.

 

Kibum rolled his eyes. “Oh him? He’s Jonghyun, senior, on the football team, great voice and body, popular, all girls like him and blah blah blah.”

 

“And him?” Taemin gestured towards Jinki.

 

“That’s Jinki. Senior. Straight A student. A quiet person and quite charming I should say. He tutored me for calculus, I owe him my soul.” Kibum sighed.

 

“Are they going out?” Taemin asked.

 

“Are you insane?” Kibum asked, “I have never even seen them cross paths! Where did you even get such an idea from?”

 

“Ahh, nothing. Just forget it.” Taemin cleared his throat, his mind automatically recalling the scene he had walked in on a few days ago.

 

-

 

How could the hallways look so similar? Taemin cursed as he found himself lost again. He gave up searching for his classroom mid way and decided to go onto the rooftop for a nap.

 

Oh . He gulped when his eyes met Jinki’s. He had walked in on Jinki and Jonghyun making out, again.

 

“Is the little lamb lost again?” Jinki asked, his lips shaping up into a sly smile as he watched Taemin squirm about, embarrassed.

 

“Has Minho put you up to this?” Jonghyun glared cutely, his already red cheeks intensifying with embarrassment of being walked on again, by the same person. “I’ll seriously make both your lives hell.”

 

“Ah no. No I am not lost and Minho didn’t put me up for this. Heck I don’t even know this Minho!” Taemin exclaimed.

 

“Then what to do you want Taemin?” Jinki asked as he pulled away from Jonghyun and headed towards Taemin. “What are you doing here?” He stood directly in front of Taemin. “I’ve seen you staring at me, Jonghyun too. Say, do you have a little crush on us? Want to join us, hmm?” Jinki whispered to Taemin making him blush.

 

“God! Jinki! Just look at the poor kid! Stop teasing him and come back already!” Jonghyun whined.

 

Jinki burst out laughing. “Ahh you’re so cute little Taeminnie.” Jinki said as he ruffled Taemin’s hair. “I am sorry for earlier, but you had a really cute expression.” Jinki smiled sheepishly as he apologized.

 

“It-It’s okay.” Taemin nodded as he backed away.

 

“Taemin!” Jinki called out before Taemin left. “I’ll need you to keep this a secret. I can’t have the school finding out about Jonghyun’s cute side. He is cute isn’t he?” Jinki took a step closer to Taemin.

 

“Ah ye-yes, he is cute.” Taemin spoke, his eyes landing on a horrified Jonghyun.

 

“Jinki stop calling me cute!!”

 

Jinki rolled his eyes at that. “See you around little lamb!” he smiled as he waved.

 

-

 

“Taemin!”

 

Taemin turned around to find Jonghyun running up to him. “Can you do me a favour?” he asked.

 

“Uhh?” Taemin said unsurely, after that incident on the rooftop he definitely didn’t want to get involved with Jonghyun and Jinki again.

 

“You are the only one I can ask.” Jonghyun muttered. “Please?” he asked, puppy-eyed.

 

“Okay, fine.” Taemin sighed.

 

“Can ask Jinki to meet me in the locker room? His phone is switched off and I don’t have any other means to contact him.” Jonghyun said solemnly.

 

-

 

Taemin found Jinki near the water cooler talking to some other kids. “Hey Jinki!” He called out.

 

Jinki turned around, an amused smile on his lips when he found Taemin come closer.

 

“Can you help me out?” he asked.

 

Jinki raised his eyebrows. “What is it?”

 

“I am stuck on this probability question, please help me out. My books are in the library.” Taemin informed.

 

Jinki excused himself and followed Taemin. “This does not look like the way to the library,” Jinki commented lightly, “Have you still not memorized the hallways? Do you still get lost?” he teased.

 

Taemin rolled his eyes, “I am not taking you to the library. I am just doing a favour for Jonghyun.”

 

“Oh.” Jinki said as they stood in front of the locker room.

 

“He couldn’t contact you so he asked me to bring you here. He’s waiting for you inside.”

 

Jinki smiled sweetly as he ruffled Taemin’s hair. “Thank you little lamb.”

 

 

“That was Jinki, right?”

 

Taemin turned around to find Minho standing a few feet away. After Jonghyun had mentioned Minho, Taemin found himself curious about this ‘Minho’, the only other person in school who knew about Jonghyun and Jinki. And well Minho was a handsome an interesting guy.

 

“That definitely was Jinki and that means Jonghyun is in there too. Wow how could that pup think of skipping practice again!?” Minho exclaimed.

 

“Ahh i think you saw wrong. There’s nobody inside.” Taemin came in between the door and Minho.

 

Minho narrowed his eyes. “Then what are you doing here?”

 

“I-I was looking for you?” Taemin smiled unsurely.

 

“Why?” Minho asked, crossing his arms across his chest.

 

Taemin cursed inwardly, what was he going to say? His eyes took in Minho’s sports uniform, and his smile brightened. “I heard you play basketball too? Can you teach me?” he asked with the sweetest and most innocent smile he could put up.

 

Minho gave him a once over, his lips pulling into a smile too. “Okay sure, kiddo.” and he wrapped his arm around Taemin’s shoulder as he lead him to the court.

 

Those two owe me so much.

 


 

A/N: This was such a fun prompt and it made my sister scream ;;;
ughh why has affs formatting thing changed -_-
Anyways hope you all like it ^^