JongYu

Eidolon

 

After the tiring day and the warm bath he just had, all Jinki wanted to do was sleep. Tomorrow they were going to visit the castles of the ancient kings and a museum afterwards and he knew he needed all the energy he could get. He settled down in bed, giving one last glance to the empty bed beside his. He wished that he could fall asleep before Jonghyun comes, because he knew things were bound to get awkward between them. Jinki had a unintentional talent for making things awkward and sharing the room with his crush was something he knew he would be super duper awkward at.

 

Not even five minutes later Jinki jolted up when he heard a loud bang against the door. He immediately opened the door and was pushed back by a few steps when Jonghyun fell against him.

 

Jonghyun groaned as Jinki helped him sit down in bed. He fell against the soft bed and let out a long sigh.

 

“Shouldn’t you go get that treated?” Jinki quipped up a few seconds later when Jonghyun didn’t make any movement.

 

“Nah, it’ll heal on it’s own.”

 

“It’ll get infected if you leave it like that.” Jinki stated.

 

“Well I can’t roam around with a bandage, I’ve got to play in the soccer match tomorrow. If the others see it they won’t let me play. So no bandages nothing.”

 

“You’re stupid.” Jinki whispered. How could I even have a crush on someone like this, he thought.

 

“You say something?” Jonghyun grunted.

 

“At least clean it up, you are staining the sheets.”

 

“Don’t wanna, too much work.”

 

Jinki sighed, he just couldn’t leave it like that. He took out the emergency first aid kit he carried and sat down beside Jonghyun.

 

“What a-are you doing?” Jonghyun asked when he felt Jinki’s fingers against his shin.

 

“Helping your lazy .” Jinki commented as he swabbed at the blood on Jonghyun’s leg.

 

“Hey dude!” Jonghyun hissed at the burn of the disinfectant.

 

“If you don’t get it cleaned, then the wounds gonna get infected and they would have to cut your leg. Goodbye to soccer forever.”

 

“Really?” Jonghyun whispered, his eyes wide making him resemble a puppy.

 

“Yup. Still don’t want me to help you?” and Jinki paused with the cleaning up.

 

“No, no. Please help me. I can’t say goodbye to soccer forever, soccer is my life.”

 

Jinki rolled his eyes but didn’t comment anything and helped patch up Jonghyun. “There.” he said after applying the last piece of medicinal tape he had cut out. “No infections now. You can play soccer for the rest of your life.”

 

“Thank you, you’re my saviour.” and Jonghyun pulled Jinki down to him and held him tight in a hug.

 

Jinki felt his heart pound against his chest, he was sure he felt Jonghyun’s high heart beat but he made no comment. A moment or two later when he felt things begin to get awkward, he cleared his throat, “Ummm, Jonghyun, we should sleep now.” he mumbled.

 

“Now? I hardly even now you!” Jonghyun exclaimed as he let his hold around Jinki fall.

 

Jinki blinked blankly before Jonghyun’s words made actual sense. “N-No.” Jinki stuttered, his face flushing rapidly. “I meant sleep in our separate beds. Teacher said we have to be up by 5.”

 

“O-Oh.” Jonghyun replied, his face warm and red at his own misunderstanding.

 

Jinki crawled across Jonghyun’s bed to his own, muttered a good night and pulled the blanket over himself, damning Jonghyun for putting all sorts of highly inappropriate but nonetheless welcome images in his head.