JongYu

Eidolon

 

Jinki gasped when the new student entered his class, after a brief introduction the only thing that was stuck in Jinki’s mind was the new student's name, Jonghyun, and his eyes.

 

He was so distracted and in awe of the new student that he couldn’t get himself to sing his favourite rhyme. He kept staring two seats away from him, hoping that he would get another glimpse of the blue and caramel.

 

And his wish to see the other’s eyes was fulfilled when Jonghyun turned around while they were reciting the colours of the rainbow. He was left with nothing but wonder that had him even more curious about the other.

 

During their interval Jinki saw that all the other kids avoided Jonghyun, he was sure he had heard someone say Jonghyun was a monster, and that angered his little self a lot. He went to Jonghyun who was sitting in his place, a pout on his face as he watched the other kids play.


“It’s strange, but you are not a monster.” Jinki said as he offered Jonghyun his cookie. “Monsters do bad things and they are very very big, and they have red eyes and they have sharp teeth. You’re not a monster!”

 

Jonghyun’s eyes met Jinki’s, but he instantly turned away, feeling shy as well as fear under Jinki’s marvelling gaze.

 

“Show me your eyes.” Jinki said expectantly. “Can I see your eyes please?” he asked again pulling Jonghyun’s hand when Jonghyun didn’t respond.

 

Jonghyun slowly looked up at Jinki, his big eyes even bigger with anticipation now. “Wow!” Jinki exclaimed. “I wish I had eyes like yours. That’d be so cool! We can be partners too! We can be heroes! We can fight against all the monsters!”

 

Jonghyun found himself grinning at Jinki’s exclamation. Jonghyun’s grin faded as the bell rang and his other classmates came back and so did the whispers.

 

“Oh I’m Jinki!” and Jinki held out his thumb. “Let’s be friends!”

 

Jonghyun nodded as he pressed his thumb against Jinki’s.

 

--

 

Jinki saw Jonghyun talk to their art teacher, who smiled at him as she nodded. And soon he found Jonghyun sitting beside him, matching grins adorning their lips.

 

“Want to share my glitter crayons?” Jonghyun asked as he placed the box in between them, earning an endearing eye smile with puffed cheeks from Jinki.

 

--

 

After classes ended, Jinki ran out of the class first as he went to the tortoise his school had to tell his goodbyes.

 

Jonghyun waited for him beside the swing, humming the new rhyme they had learned today as he played with the pebbles Jinki had given him.

 

“Monsters can’t play with us kids.” one of his classmates pushed him away from the swings.

 

“Oh look at the stones he has!”  another one came forward.

 

“No!” Jonghyun shouted, but the other kid snatched the pebbles from his hands. They took Jonghyun’s bag from him. “Monsters don’t go to school too,” and they threw his bag under the slide.

 

When Jinki came back he saw that most of his classmates were gone, the swings were empty and he could finally ride them as he didn’t in the break. As he swung he saw Jonghyun sitting under the slide, crying. He immediately stopped the swing with his feet, eventually jumping off it and ran to Jonghyun. “Why are you hiding Hyunnie?” he asked as he held out his hand for Jonghyun.

 

A red faced, puffy eyed Jonghyun looked up at the hand offered. “They took the stones.” He wiped his face with his shirt and entwined his fingers with Jinki’s.

 

“It’s okay. There are many more near my house. I’ll get more for you tomorrow, so don’t cry.”

 

“They said I’m a monster and I can’t play with them. I’m not a monster.” he said softly.

 

Jinki pulled him towards the swings, grinning, “If you are a monster, then I am a monster too! Let’s boo them together! I even have monster nails at home!”

 

“Really?” Jonghyun asked as he let Jinki make him sit down on the swing.

 

“Yes.” Jinki nodded earnestly. “They are big and pointy and we can paint them any colour we want.” and he stood up on the swing, feet firmly planted beside Jonghyun’s thighs. Jonghyun pushed off with his feet, helping Jinki swing them as they decided upon cool monster names for each other.

 


A/N:
Kid!AUs are ♥