JongYu

Eidolon

 

Jonghyun sighed as he gulped down another shot, his eyes still on the dancefloor.

 

“Confess already, I don’t wanna hear your sighs and moans anymore,” Kibum admonished as he sat down beside Jonghyun at the bar. Kibum ordered a drink for himself and let his gaze wander to where Jonghyun’s still lingered. He watched Minho, Taemin and Jinki, their bandmates, dancing to the song the dj played. He watched at the sight Jonghyun’s gaze was fixed on, Jinki.

“The first time I saw you two talking, I knew you’d fall for him.” Kibum commented, as he sipped his cocktail.

 

-

 

Jonghyun couldn’t deny that now, could he? He would be lying if he’d say that he hadn’t felt attracted to Jinki at first sight. Their band of four was short of a proper drummer (Minho playing the part of the guitarist and the drummer), when Kibum finally introduced Jinki to them.

 

Kibum had stumbled upon Jinki when he had gone to the fest at his cousin's college. As soon as Jinki’s gig was over, he introduced himself to Jinki and invited him to join their band. A week later Kibum found Jinki waiting for all of them in front of the rehearsal room they practised in.

 

Jonghyun was bowled over when he first saw Jinki. His slightly long hair a mess, his lips framed in that perfect smile, those small pools of liquid excitement his eyes were and not to mention the sight of his toned arms. He was done for.

 

After two or three practise sessions, they had all gotten along well, a few particular members (Jonghyun and Jinki) very well, and now practised in the storage space Jinki’s father owned.

 

According to Jonghyun they both had hit off very well, their common interests, their different and sometimes conflicting views had him falling for Jinki even more. The more time they spent, the deeper Jonghyun felt himself falling to the point that Kibum had caught on to. Kibum insisted on him confessing, but he just couldn’t. What if he got rejected? That would surely ruin the atmosphere of the band, and he couldn’t let that happen, couldn’t ruin all of their dreams.

 

-

 

He was swirled away from his thoughts when he saw Jinki make way towards them. He sat down on the other side of Jonghyun, ordering a simple soda for himself.

 

“Not gonna dance?” Jinki asked turning towards Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun shrugged, his gaze fixing on Jinki again.

 

“I’m going.” Kibum said, throwing back the last of his cocktail and joining the other two on the dancefloor.

 

“Am I really that good looking?” Jinki chuckled.

 

Jonghyun felt himself blush and finally looked away from Jinki, ordering another drink.

 

“Just give him water.” Jinki told the bartender.

 

“Why?” Jonghyun grumbled. “I can hold my alcohol pretty well!” he exclaimed.

 

“Cause I think I might take advantage of your vulnerable self.” Jinki mumbled, trying to push down the taste of the words that left him with soda.

 

Jonghyun’s eyes widened at that, he looked at the man beside him, a million thoughts running in his mind at his words, finally they all stopping at one possibility.

 

“What if I want you take advantage of me?”

 

Jinki snorted. “You’re not in your right mind Jonghyun, you don’t know what you’re saying.”

 

“I know what I am saying.” Jonghyun persisted. Even if it was in the heat of the moment, it was still a now or a never moment, and he wouldn’t back out now, knowing that in the future he wouldn’t have this much of courage and confidence in him. Jonghyun breathed in and continued, “What if I tell you that I’ve been in love with you, keep falling deeper for you with every passing day?”

 

Jinki swivelled around in his chair fast, his heart racing, but soon a crestfallen look shadowed his features. “You’ve had a lot to drink, we’ll talk in the morning.”

 

“Godammit!” Jonghyun rumbled as he got up from his chair. He moved even closer to Jinki, “I’ve only had a few fruit punches,” and he leaned down capturing Jinki’s lips in a passionate kiss, trying to convey all his bottled up feelings through the kiss.

 

Jonghyun felt Jinki’s arm tighten around himself, pulling him closer. They broke apart when they couldn’t breathe. Jonghyun felt himself blush at the grin that adorned Jinki.

 

“I know it sounds cheesy, but the first time I saw you, the first time I heard you sing, the first time I saw you weave magic with your voice and your words, oh and did I mention your stupid face? I fell in love. Fell in love with everything about you.” Jinki concluded, his fingers entwining with Jonghyun’s squeezing them as he looked up at him with all the adoration, all that he felt for Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun bit back tears as he leaned down again. “You have an even stupider face.” and he kissed Jinki again.








 


A/N:
Hope you like it ♥