TaeKey

Eidolon

 

Taemin almost spat the fruit punch he was sipping when his eyes fell on the very, very, familiar silhouette. He cursed inwardly, he knew he shouldn’t have agreed to come to this lame party with Jinki; but he found himself agreeing to the sweet voice telling him that he needed a change of place, something else to occupy his mind, to bring him out of the hole that jerk Jongin had put him into.

 

He chanced another peek and found Jongin walking towards him. , he cursed again as he set his glass down. He was not at all in the mood to deal with Jongin, not now nor ever.

 

He turned away completely, his mind running at many miles per second, coming up with ways to avoid Jongin. The man standing beside him caught his eye, the liner, the glitter, mesmerising him. He cleared his throat, “Make out with me.” he said in a rush.

 

“What?” the other man said, taking a step away from Taemin.

 

“My friend dragged me to this party and I just saw my ex, quick make out with me. Please.” Taemin urged.

 

“That’s a very bad pick-up line, you know, never gonna work on me.” and the man picked up a glass from the table.

 

“That wasn’t a pick up line. Please, please help me out. He’s coming here.” Taemin pleaded.

 

“All this liner and everything makes you think I’m easy, but I’m not. So get lost and try elsewhere.”

 

“I...I never even for a second thought you were easy! You’re anything but easy, in fact I think you are the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen.” Taemin felt his heart fall when he saw that the other had just given him a pointed look and raised his shaped eyebrows at him.

 

“Hey Tae.” Taemin cringed at the nickname that Jongin called him with. He was about to turn and face his crummy fate, when he felt soft lips press into his own. The kiss deepened a few seconds later and Taemin found himself holding on to the other for support.

 

“Woah!”

 

They pulled away from each other at Jongin’s exclamation and Taemin felt the other man settle comfortably beside him as he felt an arm snake around his waist.

 

“Who is this Taemin?” Jongin asked.

 

“I’m Kibum,” Kibum introduced himself. “And who might this be Taemin?” Kibum asked sweetly turning towards Taemin. Taemin was woken up from the haze that kiss had put him into when he felt Kibum’s fingers curl painfully against him.

 

“Jongin, this is Kibum, the guy I am currently seeing.” Taemin said, swallowing hard.

 

“Oh, congratulations.” Jongin said. “I’m glad I found you here, you had me worried man, not turning up for the classes for a whole week.”

 

“That’s my fault,” Kibum spoke, “Just like you saw earlier, I’ve been keeping him quite busy.” and he winked at Jongin.

 

Taemin felt his cheeks warm up at that and he gave Jongin a small smile when the other looked at him.

 

“Okay, I’ll catch up with you later, gotta go.” and Jongin left in a hurry.

 

“You owe me.” Taemin felt the soft lips whisper against his ear, a crumpled paper was shoved in his hand, and Kibum was gone too.

 

Taemin couldn’t help the smile when he saw a number scribbled onto the paper.

Nope, he was never going to tell Jinki how glad he was that the other had dragged him to the party.