OnKey

Eidolon

 

Jinki did a double take when he saw her standing there with Taeyeon, Minho’s girlfriend. He waved at them, smiling, Taeyeon waved back, but she, Gwiboon, looked away, flustered, her face gaining colour fast.

 

She was shy, always too shy, making Jinki go crazy. He had asked Taeyeon about her, and she had replied with a smirk, that Gwiboon was waiting for her Prince Charming, the one who would shake her heart up and Jinki tried to talk to her but she was too shy, would get flustered easily, becoming even more lovable in Jinki’s eyes, and he couldn’t help fall in love with her more. He hoped that at least he crossed her mind, cause his heart and mind had decided to make Gwiboon their permanent resident.

 

He immersed himself into the match once again, when Taeyeon and she left. He definitely had to do something.

 

---

 

After the match ended Jinki followed Minho to the cafe, where his girlfriend worked. A while back Jinki had refused it, but when he found out that she worked there too, he was the one who prompted Minho about going to the cafe.

 

Jinki made Minho sit, insisting that he would place the order. He walked up to the one line his eyes had zeroed in on as soon as he entered the cafe.

 

“What would you like to order?”

 

“Hey!” Jinki greeted her with a smile, he saw her blush and bite down on her lower lip. “Two java chip frappuccinos, please.”

 

She rang in the order and notified Jinki of the total, Jinki gave her the money, his fingers touching hers, the tingling feeling taking over whenever he was near her. He knew she felt something too cause she hurriedly placed the change back in his hand and diverted her attention to the next customer.

 

All the while Jinki sipped his drink, his eyes refused to leave her. He watched her interact with the other customers, helping out the ones who were confused what to order. His attention was pulled away from her when he heard Taeyeon, who had come out to meet Minho, mention Gwiboon. He was occasionally nodding along to the conversation Minho and Taeyeon were having, his mind occupied with far more important things.

 

“What?” he asked hurriedly swallowing down the cold beverage.

 

“I said she works double, she works a shift in the city library too.” Taeyeon informed him again.

 

“Why?”

 

“She loves clothes, so double, buying clothes with her own money, not the money her parents send in every month…So I said, I’m going to the library too, want to come along?” Taeyeon winked.

 

Not even a single cell in Jinki’s body could say no.

 

---

 

“When are we going to the library?” Jinki grumbled, as he exited the watch store which Taeyeon had dragged him to. Taeyeon had lured him out so that he could help her buy the perfect gift for Minho’s birthday.

 

“Patience my lover boy, patience.” Taeyeon smirked as she led them to a small stationary shop.

 

Once Taeyeon was done buying everything she needed for Minho’s gift, she informed Jinki that they were heading to the library now. Jinki took the small bags she held on hearing that.

 

Taeyeon chuckled, “I approve of you.” She said. “If you get together, I’ll be rooting for you both.”

 

“That’s gonna be hard,” Jinki sighed remembering the many times he had wanted to confess his feelings to Gwiboon, but he just couldn’t. She was too shy and he wasn’t that good with words, he was sure he would mess it up and anyways he never found a good opportunity.

 

“But you still haven’t given up,” Taeyeon said softly, as they waited at the crossing for the light to turn green.

 

“I’ll never give up,” Jinki informed her. Gwiboon was perfect for him, everything he wanted, everything he hoped, everything and more. He had loved her for a year now, and he knew he could love her forever.

 

They crossed when the light turned green.

 

“I’m glad to know you’d never give up, ‘cause she won’t too.” Taeyeon said as she took the bags back from Jinki.

 

“What?” Jinki asked confused.

 

“You both are fools,” Taeyeon sighed, gesturing to the library they stood in front of.

 

Jinki could feel his heart beat faster, pumping hope with every beat, Taeyeon’s sentence making a million possibilities run through his mind.

 

“She has a crush on you too. I don’t think it’s a crush now, developed into something more. And trust me, I know, I’m her bestfriend. Go make her fall in your arms, give each other what you’ve longed and desired for, you fools have waited long enough.”

 

Jinki felt his heart soar, he couldn’t stop the grin that broke out, he pulled Taeyeon in a hug, thanked her and ran off into the library. A part of him couldn’t believe what he had just heard, and a part of him wanted to jump up and dance in joy and happiness.

 

He searched frantically for her in the library, running through the aisles, he didn’t care about the glares and ‘shhs’ he got. He found her in the back, arranging the encyclopedias.

 

“Gwiboon,” he called out to her softly. He watched her turn around, her eyes widening in surprise, as the familiar blush coloured the tips of her ears. He moved closer to her, his eyes never leaving hers, perceiving the emotions, the thoughts that ran through them, and finally he realised, Taeyeon was right, ‘cause he was feeling the same now.

 

“Can I?” he gestured to her hands, she nodded and he entwined their fingers, letting the familiar tingling feeling take over, letting it fuel and build his courage. He leaned in, taking in her warm scent, his lips lightly brushing her cheeks as he whispered directly into her ears, “If you like me, then say you like me.”

 

The little squeeze he felt on his hands, spoke volumes to Jinki, answering all his questions, all his lingering doubts.


 

 

 


 

A/N:
There's this special place for OnKey in my heart ♥