JongYu

Eidolon

 

At first it was a co-incidence, Jonghyun hadn’t expected his crush to be walking in front of him a few meters ahead. His eyes had widened in recognition and his heart picked up that intimate, agile speed that it always had whenever he thought about him, Jinki.

 

He followed, his eyes fixed on his back, watching his bag sway on his hip with every step. He followed him till Jinki turned into the lane on the right. He stood at the entrance of the lane watching Jinki’s back fade completely in the illy lit lane. He ruffled his hair, gave one last look and walked on straight ahead.

 

The second time Jonghyun saw Jinki walk down the street, his feet bounced off with excitement every time they touched the asphalt and gravel.

He saw Jinki turn back to the source of noise and he immediately turned around, busying himself in his bag. When he heard the footsteps again, he continued walking behind him, now careful.

 

At first a part of Jonghyun was uncomfortable about following Jinki around, ‘cause now not only did he follow him home he followed him around in school too, but he reasoned it out. Citing over and over again that he was doing it for Jinki’s safety. With all the crimes happening around town, it was better to be safe than sorry.

 

---

 

Jonghyun redundantly tore his gaze away from Jinki when Kibum smacked him across his head.

 

“Stop it will you? It’s ing embarrassing!” Kibum exclaimed.

 

Jonghyun glared at him for a moment, nursing his head and his eyes going back to what they always searched.

 

“Just confess already!” Kibum said annoyed when he saw Jonghyun staring at Jinki again.

 

“Shut up Kibum, my ears hurt.” Jonghyun grumbled.

 

Kibum let out a frustrated sigh, this has been happening since a quarter of a year ago. He had known Jonghyun had a crush on their senior, but he never knew it was this serious.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” Kibum asked softly, as he flipped through the pages.

 

That one question finally had Jonghyun’s attention back on Kibum.

 

Kibum looked up from the book to find Jonghyun staring at him, a playful lilt in his eyes and a smirk on his lips.

 

“Well, I tell you what

I'm the definition of obsessive-compulsive crazy love.”

 

“Oh no. No no no!” and Kibum shut his book for good. He let out a groan when he saw the cheeky grin on his best friend's face, “Why am I even your friend?”

 

Jonghyun chuckled, “I love you too, Bum.” He winked.

 

“You should be singing ‘Every breath you take’, like that song should be your anthem or something!”

 

“Who knows? I might be singing that myself to sleep?”

 

---

 

Today, for the first time Jinki took a detour which led them both to bookstore. Jonghyun waited outside kicking the random pebbles or huffing out randomly, not having enough courage to follow Jinki inside.

 

He watched as Jinki made way to the cash counter, a few books in hand. That, added another question to Jonghyun’s list of questions regarding Jinki, what sort of books does he like?

 

Jinki came out of the store, fumbling his pockets, stuffing the change he had received, when Jonghyun noticed the small paper that fell from his pocket.

After Jinki had walked away a considerable distance away from the bookstore he picked up the fallen piece of paper. It was his library card. Jonghyun pocketed it.

 

He jogged a bit to fall back again behind Jinki. His palms were sweaty and his heart erratic, not because of the jog but because of the little hope he had pocketed.

 

He watched Jinki walk in to his alley, and he stood there, for a good whole 30 minutes, contemplating whether to follow Jinki further. A sort of opportunity had presented itself and he wasn’t going to lose it. He took in a deep breath, calming himself as he entered the lane.

 

He looked at each and every building, each and every window and balconies of the apartments trying to find anything that would lead him to Jinki.

He walked for quite some time and soon reached the dead end, he let out a breath, deflating all the hope that had bubbled up and he made his way back.

 

A chance glance up at the sky led him to a brightly lit room with the windows open. He saw a silhouette pass in front of the window, a silhouette he could recognise even in his sleep. His face lit up with hope just like Jinki’s room and his feet moved on their own.

 

He stopped in front of the gate, his hand on the latch frozen. What was he even going to say? Hey I saw you dropping your card while I was stalking you, here it is? He hadn’t even exchanged a simple greeting with him.

 

He sighed, he knew he should have stopped following Jinki around like this when Kibum had told him to, but he had been too curious about the slightest things about Jinki, too greedy for Jinki’s handsome and cute expressions and actions, that he had gotten carried away.

 

He moved back, his feet laced with guilt, the library card suddenly feeling heavy in his pocket. He almost turned, almost. Turning the back the sector he had turned, he bit his lip, justifying his stance in his mind, glancing at the sturdy tree near Jinki’s house. He knew it was his mind building up hallucinations, for he could see the leaves bristle with the wind, making a sound and movement of welcome, of usherance.

 

“Damn it.” Jonghyun climbed the tree, trying to be quiet and careful, and after a long struggle, he positioned himself on a branch with a good view of Jinki’s room. “Last time I do this.” Jonghyun promised to himself, with a fiery intention of keeping it.

 

He waited a while and then saw Jinki dressed up in his pajamas, his headphones in place as he danced and sang along to the song that played. He looked adorable as hell, and Jonghyun couldn’t help but wish to be in a closer seat to this performance. He watched a while more till his guilt took over and reminded him of his promise to himself. He got down, but there was hardly any disappointment on his face.

 

He knew he was pretty much badly lovestruck and the goofy smile gave it away all too easily.

 

And maybe keeping the promise won’t be too hard because Jinki singing and dancing like that would keep him daydreaming for long.



 

----

 

Two weeks. It had been two weeks since Jonghyun had stopped following Jinki around. He could contain himself till a week actually, and when the second week arrived, he grew restless again, but he reminded himself that stalking someone was wrong on many levels. His previous reasoning of having done so for Jinki’s safety also couldn’t break his newfound resolve.

 

It was not that bad because he could still sneak glances at Jinki during school. He’d only let himself look at Jinki during the breaks or in the library, where he currently was.

 

“Just give it to him already,” Kibum spoke up finally as he saw Jonghyun turn over the card again and again in his palm. “He might need it you know, unlike you.” He scoffed.

 

Jonghyun sighed, Kibum was right, again, and this time he was going to listen to him. Well, so much time had passed so Jinki may have forgotten where he lost his card so Jonghyun can claim to have found it in school. He had a proper chance to talk, without leaking out his stalkerish ways. He got up, gathering up his courage, his heart fluttering wildly by every passing second. He glanced at the worn out card one last time, before walking over to Jinki’s table, where the latter sat alone, his brows furrowed as he went through a book.

 

“Hyung?” Jonghyun asked softly, diverting Jinki’s attention to himself. He saw Jinki’s eyes widen and before Jinki could speak anything he gave him the library card. “You had dropped it.” He said, biting his lip after he finished.

 

“Finally!” Jinki exclaimed.

 

Jonghyun was confused and dumbfounded at the happy(?) expression he had sighted on Jinki’s face.

 

“It’s been two weeks Jonghyun! I was expecting you to come by the next day.”

 

Jonghyun could see a sort of disappointed(?) pout form on Jink’s lush lips. But above anything else, Jinki had called him by his name. He knew his name. Jonghyun could feel the butterflies fluttering around in his stomach. The only he could do was mumble an incoherent what.

 

“Hm?” Jinki asked, his smile faltering a bit.

 

“Umm, you knew I had your card?” Jonghyun asked, his lower lip caught tightly between his teeth.

 

“Well...I dropped it there for you, you see.” and Jonghyun could see Jinki’s ears turn pink.

 

It took a while for this piece of information to be digested by Jonghyun, and when it sunk in, he felt his legs wobble. He sat down in front of Jinki.

 

“Hey, everything alright?” Jinki asked taking Jonghyun’s hands in his.

 

It took a lot of Jonghyun’s will power to suppress the squeal when he felt Jinki’s fingers against his. It felt better than what he had fantasized.

 

“You knew that I stalked you?” Jonghyun asked in a whisper, scared that anyone might overhear them.

 

“Well yes, and I know that you like me too,” Jinki said, his honey voice coated with slight shyness. “I like you too, Jonghyun.”

 

Jonghyun looked up, his eyes meeting finally with Jinki. He could see the anxiousness and sincerity in his beady eyes. His own eyes had begun to prick with overwhelmness, and he glanced at their entangled hands, his cheeks burning.

 

“Wow.” Jonghyun managed to say, his voice low.

 

Jinki let out a breath of relief at Jonghyun’s response, a handsome smile building on his face, “So...are we dating now?”

 

Jonghyun nodded shyly, a small playful smile on his face as he looked back to Jinki, “It will definitely be better than stalking, right?”

 

Jinki laughed, “I bet it will.”



 


 

A/N:
Exams ended finally!!;-;
It really is a cute song :3
Hope you like it ^^