JongYu

Eidolon

(Prompt: Princes JongYu meeting at 2min's wedding, who are also princes, and falling in love >///< )

 

Jinki carefully removed the royal cloak, and changed into a simple white dress shirt and pants. He had been running around all day, checking up on the wedding preparations with an added bonus of the Emperor arriving. Hence his day was spent arranging parties for their guests and looking over the preparations for their arrival in the castle.

 

He entered the dining hall, excusing his late arrival and greeting everyone, his eyes eventually descending to the Prince seated opposite him.

 

He was mesmerised by the soft, delicate, pink strands and the enthralling shy blue eyes. His brother nudged him in the side and gestured towards his untouched plate. With a warm face and a warm heart Jinki tried to confine his eyes to his plate, but he couldn’t.

 

-

 

“Someone couldn’t keep their eyes off the Prince?” Taemin said as he walked into his brother’s chambers later at night. “But I won’t blame you, Jonghyun tends to have such an effect on people.” He made himself comfortable on the large plush bed, his eyes boring into his brother mischievously.

 

Jinki looked up from the scrolls he was signing, the mention of the Prince’s name arousing melodies within his heart beat. He looked away quickly; he knew his face would give away the colors of his feelings.

 

Taemin chuckled, “Well, well, looks like you are completely smitten.” Taemin got up, “I shall just warn you nevertheless, he is guileless and innocent, so don’t spoil him. The emperor would be after you.”

 

“Taemin!” Jinki admonished. He sighed as he rolled up the scroll he was working on, deciding he couldn’t work anymore as Taemin’s words had him riled up.

 

-

 

Morning was the same echo as last night, but even more intense. Watching Jonghyun illuminated by the sunlight was even more ethereal than the candle lights.

 

An inappropriately large cough from Taemin had him standing up immediately, as he realised that he had been staring. He excused himself, citing the unending wedding preparations that needed to be tended to.

 

Oh but he should have known the type of adversary Taemin was. On the pretext of showing Jonghyun their palace and grounds, Taemin took Jonghyun wherever Jinki was. No matter how much Jinki avoided, Taemin would find him, his eyes glinting with mischief and lips pulled in a satisfying smile.

 

-

 

“Have you no shame?” Jinki asked as soon as Taemin had entered his room. “You will be married in a few days, behave yourself.”

 

“Oh don’t worry brother, Minho loves me, shamelessness and all.” Taemin smirked as he settled down on the chair opposite Jinki. “So how was your day?” he asked as he picked up a scroll from the table.

 

Jinki glared at him. “Leave if you don’t have anything better to do.”

 

“I’ll leave once you tell me how your day was, and I want an honest answer.”

 

“It was good.” Jinki muttered as he screwed the ink bottle shut.

 

“Your face says it was more than good.”

 

“You!”

 

Taemin chuckled. “Good night brother.”

 

-

 

Sleep hadn’t yet decided to relieve Jinki of the commotion in his mind and heart. He gave up soon and decided to stroll the gardens; the cool night breeze would at least help he hoped.

 

His feet stopped when he spotted Jonghyun on one of the stone benches, the blue light of the moon adorning his features. Jinki couldn’t resist, finally he conceded to his desire.
“Beautiful isn’t it?” he asked as he sat down beside Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun gave him a modest smile as his gaze went back to the blue moon illuminating the night sky. “Yes it is.”

 

“This is the reason why Taemin was so adamant on getting married within this week.” Jinki sighed goodnaturedly.

 

“He can be a handful sometimes,” Jonghyun said his eyes settling on Jinki.

 

Jinki’s words got stuck in his throat, he was wrong, absolutely wrong. Jonghyun’s blue eyes were even more beautiful than the moon.

 

“You do that a lot-staring.” Jonghyun commented bashfully

 

“I...I...you might have heard this before from many, but your eyes are fascinating, even more captivating than this moon.”

 

“Thank you.” Jonghyun averted his gaze. “I guess we should retire for the night now.” Jonghyun spoke up some minutes later.

 

“Let me you.” Jinki said. “I can’t have the future Emperor walking all alone at night.”

 

Jonghyun nodded his agreement and followed Jinki.

 

“Thank you Jinki.” Jonghyun said once they had arrived at his chambers. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” Jonghyun leaned in, pressing his lips gently against Jinki’s cheek.

 

-

 

The next day Jinki tended to all his tasks with a prominent skip in his steps. That little peck from Jonghyun had his heart soaring high.

 

That night too Jinki met Jonghyun in the gardens. They talked about their childhood, their fathers’ friendship, how Jinki had lost out the opportunity to get close to Jonghyun as he was busy with his studies and how Taemin and Jonghyun had become really great friends over time.

 

As Jinki escorted Jonghyun back to his chambers, Jonghyun held back Jinki, slightly pulling his hand. “I think we can be something more than friends.” He said timidly.

 

This time it was Jinki who leaned in, softly kissing Jonghyun’s forehead.

 

-

 

A day before the wedding Jinki was to ride to the biggest flower garden of their Kingdom to assemble all the flowers that would be used for decorations.

 

The flowers were to be selected by both Taemin and Minho, but once Minho had arrived, Taemin had seemed to vanished along with Minho, hence the responsibility fell on his shoulders.

 

As Jinki waited for his squire to get him flask of water and bread and fruits for the journey, he saw Jonghyun’s lonely figure strolling the garden.

 

“Jonghyun.” Jinki called out.

 

Jonghyun smiled as his eyes met Jinki’s and he strolled to where Jinki stood with his horse. “Going somewhere?” he asked as he the horse’s mane.

 

“I have to collect the flowers,” Jinki informed, his eyes transfixed on Jonghyun. Though he had seen Jonghyun many a times this past week, he was still enchanted by Jonghyun’s good looks and he believed he would always be. “Will you come with me?” he asked.

 

“It would be my pleasure.” Jonghyun said, his ears reddening at the corners.

 

Once his squire was dismissed, Jinki helped Jonghyun onto his horse and they rode out, their hearts beating vigorously against their chest at their proximity.

 

-

 

“I like these.” Jinki said as he picked up a soft pink bud and a light blue flower. “They remind me of you.” he added quietly.

 

Jonghyun smiled at Jinki’s choice, “But we can’t choose those can we?” Jonghyun reasoned.

 

“Hmm.” Jinki hummed in reply. “I would be needing enough of those red and white flowers to decorate the palace.” Jinki instructed the florist.

 

They shared the bread and the drink his squire had packed as they waited for the dispatch of the flowers.

Once the wagon containing the flowers was packed and was on the way to the palace, Jinki generously paid and left.

 

On their way back, Jonghyun took the reins of Jinki’s horse, leading it into a stroll and not a dash, as he wanted to enjoy the cool evening breeze along with Jinki.

 

Jinki sat behind Jonghyun, his hands holding Jonghyun within his embrace as they talked about everything their heart had wanted to share with the other.

 

Their conversation came to an abrupt stop when a palace guard galloped towards them. “Sire, sire.” he called out.

 

“Yes?” Jinki asked once the guard came near. He watched relief and confusion wash over the guard’s face when he saw Jonghyun seated with him.

 

“I...I was sent to inform you that the Prince was missing, but…” he trailed off.

 

“Go back and inform that the Prince is safe with me, and we’ll arrive as the night falls.”

 

The guard curtsied and took his leave.

 

“I would have a lot of explaining to do after we go back.” Jonghyun sighed.

 

“Leave it to me.” Jinki said, as he pulled Jonghyun closer who had distanced himself from Jinki when the guard had arrived.

 

-

 

“I apologise for not notifying before hand that I would be taking Jonghyun along with me to collect the flowers.” Jinki bowed to the Emperor and his father.

 

“We’ll let it slide for now,” the Emperor said, “but be aware, he is the next in line.”

 

Jinki bowed again and excused himself from the hall.

 

“What did he say?” Jonghyun asked once Jinki had closed the door to his father’s study.

 

“I think he might have threatened me, but it’s alright you don’t need to worry.” he gently grazed his fingers along Jonghyun’s cheek.

 

Jonghyun gave a small smile in apology, he knew his father was protective- well, he was the only child.

 

“Why the sad face?” Jinki asked as they walked to Jonghyun’s chamber. “Was the day not pleasurable?”

 

“I think it was the finest day I have lived so far.” Jonghyun looked around discreetly before he gently pressed his lips against Jinki’s smile.

 

-

 

The next morning even though Jinki wanted to go meet Jonghyun, he couldn’t. The last minute preparations were keeping him up and about on his feet and away from Jonghyun.

 

As he was changing into the robes his mother had specifically ordered and had tailored for him for the wedding, Taemin waltzed into the room, dressed in elegant white and red robes. The colors of the union of two kingdoms.

 

“Where are your manners?” Jinki sighed as he buttoned up his shirt.

 

“So I heard someone ran away with the Prince yesterday?” Taemin teased.

 

Jinki glared at him. “We didn’t run away, and I don’t think I need to explain myself to you.”

 

“Ah yes, you don’t need to, it was afterall I who first saw the blooming of love between you two.” Taemin chuckled.

 

“Taemin!” Jinki chided him. “What if anyone overhears? I don’t want to cause trouble for him.”

 

Taemin joined his brother in front of the floor length mirror. “What will be, will be brother. And if the Emperor finds you worthy enough he’ll never say no to you and him.” Taemin patted his back. “And if it pleases your heart let me tell you this, you both are meant to be, and you’ll always find me standing behind you.”

 

Jinki smiled at him, his smile turning into a grin, “Is this wisdom a one day, marriage exclusive thing?”

 

“I love you too brother.” Taemin grinned back at him.

 

-

 

The wedding played out without any hitches to Jinki’s relief. He stood by the side, watching over, as his brother exchanged vows with his significant other. His eyes met Jonghyun’s and they looked at each other with small smiles and emotional hearts.

 

After the celebratory dinner, Jinki excused himself from the merry-making when he saw Jonghyun leave the hall.

 

He found Jonghyun sitting in the garden staring at the gazebo where the vows had been exchanged.

“It was beautiful, you did a good job.” Jonghyun spoke when Jinki settled down beside him.

 

“It would look even more beautiful when it’s adorned with pink, blue and white.” Jinki said softly as he entwined his fingers with Jonghyun’s.

 

Jonghyun smiled at the innuendo, he moved closer to Jinki. “I would love to see that day.” he divulged.

 

“I’ll make it happen, have faith in me.” Jinki said as he let go of Jonghyun’s fingers to only pull him further in his embrace.

 

“Always.” Jonghyun leaned in, whispering his faith against Jinki’s lips before kissing him sweetly.