JongYu

Eidolon

 

It was during lunch, in the overcrowded library that Jinki had seen Jonghyun for the first time. He was walking through the library searching for a place to sit and kill time till his next class when he saw Jonghyun browsing through one of the shelves.

 

One look at his pretty eyes, that dorky nose, those plump lips and Jinki was floored, he felt this sudden leap in his heartbeat, a sudden warmth flooding his ears and cheek and he soon left the library, too overwhelmed with everything.

 

-

 

The next Jinki had seen Jonghyun was in the cafeteria, from where he sat he had a clear view of Jonghyun and he was glad he had fought with Kibum for this seat.

 

Kibum pulled him out from his daze, a smirk on his face. “You so have a crush on him.” Kibum wriggled his eyebrows at Jinki when he saw Jinki drop his spoon, flustered.
“The one you’ve been shamelessly drooling about is Jonghyun, a freshman, whose major just like you is math. God I wonder how people find it in themselves to make math their major.” Kibum commented.

 

After that Jinki drowned out Kibum’s chatter, his mind focusing and digesting the new information. Jonghyun, he repeated in his head, he definitely looked like a Jonghyun, that too a very adorable one.

 

A smack from Kibum informed that he was late for his class as his mind and heart were still elated about Jonghyun.

 

-

 

He was sitting in the library, working on his assignment when he heard footsteps approach him, he ignored it, Kibum could go whine somewhere else for all he cared.

 

“Jinki?”

 

Jinki’s heart leaped, he had heard that voice before, though from a distance but it was enough for it to get wired in his brain. He immediately looked up at Jonghyun. “Yes?”

 

“Uh could you lend me your notes for Algebra? I heard you got the top marks and you looked more approachable than all the others.” Jonghyun said shyly.

 

Jinki felt his heart soar. Jonghyun is talking to me. Said he wanted my notes. Said I’m approachable. Does that mean he likes me?

 

“So can you?”

 

“O-oh yes! Sure! I’ll get them for you tomorrow!” Jinki said trying (read failing) to keep his excitement in check.

 

“Thank you.” Jonghyun thanked, his lips pulling into that huge smile that Jinki adored. “And could I come to you if I have any doubts?” Jonghyun asked sheepishly.

 

“Yes of course!” If that meant spending more time with Jonghyun then he was always up for it!

 

Jonghyun chuckled, making Jinki’s heart ache, “I’m gonna hold you for that.”

 

Jinki nodded, as he saw his heart follow Jonghyun out of the library.

 

-

 

The next day Jinki spent extra effort on dressing up and styling his hair and applying a little makeup. He waited outside the library, his notes clutched in hand, nervous butterflies unsettling his heart and mind.

 

“Hey!”

 

He turned towards the deep voice that made his heart flutter. He stood up straight, “Hey!”

 

“Sorry you had to wait.” Jonghyun said.

 

“Ah it was nothing.” Jinki waved his apology off and handed him the notes.

 

“Thank you so much.” Jonghyun said as he flipped through the book. “Um,” Jonghyun trailed as he closed the book, “How about we exchange numbers?” Jonghyun said. “I mean I could clarify the doubts anytime, even after university.”

 

Jinki nodded eagerly as he took Jonghyun’s phone from him. He gave himself a missed call and handed back Jonghyun’s phone to him. Jonghyun left thanking Jinki again.

 

That day Jinki felt his dreams coming true.

 

-

 

Over the course of a week Jinki found himself getting closer to Jonghyun than he had ever imagined. He had met Jonghyun three times already as Jonghyun needed help understanding a few theorems. And he couldn’t stop gushing about the fact he and Jonghyun exchanged texts everyday, sometimes chatting all through the night.

 

-

 

“What are you writing?” Jinki asked as he sat down in front of Kibum in the cafeteria.

 

“Making a bucket list.” Kibum said as he erased a sentence he had written.

 

“Bucket list?” Jinki questioned.

 

“Things I wanna do before I graduate. I thought everyone was making one.” Kibum said as he looked up from his list.

 

“Really?” Jinki asked.

 

“Yes!” Kibum tore out a page from his book. “Here write one too.” and he pushed the paper and a pencil towards Jinki.

 

Jinki took the paper from Kibum, staring at the blank paper, many thoughts running in his mind. He put the pencil to the paper when all his thoughts concluded to one. He smiled happily when he was done.

 

“Seriously Jinki?” Kibum said as peeked into Jinki’s paper. “The first thing you wanna do is Jonghyun?”

 

Jinki felt the heat rise up in his ears. “Well not in that way.” Jinki said.

 

Kibum raised an eyebrow, pining Jinki down with one of his stares.

 

Jinki found himself succumbing to Kibum’s stare. “Okay fine. Yes. But not only that!” Jinki specified.

 

Kibum shrugged as he went back to his list. “Just go confess to him already.” Kibum said as he rolled up his list when he was satisfied with it. He patted Jinki on his shoulder and was off to his next class.


 

It wasn’t that Jinki hadn’t thought about confessing to Jonghyun, many a times situations arose while they were texting that Jinki could have confessed his feelings but he didn’t, ‘cause confessing over the phone didn’t feel right to him. He thought of confessing to Jonghyun when he saw him in the university, but he would get so caught up in Jonghyun’s smile, in Jonghyun’s blush, the faint smell of his shampoo, that he would forget all about the confession.

 

His phone vibrated against his thigh. Jonghyun was waiting for him in the library.

 

He shoved all his things in his bag, the list shoved into his front pocket.

 

When he walked to the table where he and Jonghyun usually sat he felt his heart stop. Jonghyun was wearing a black wife beater which showed off more than his toned arms, hair pulled back making his jaw more prominent. He gave a small greeting and sat down opposite him, finding it hard to keep his eyes off him.

 

“I hope I didn’t disturb anything important.” Jonghyun said an easy smile gracing his lips.

 

Jinki’s hands brushed against his thighs, he felt the folded piece of paper and an idea struck him. “Oh we were just making a bucket list.

 

“A bucket list?” Jonghyun asked.

 

“Things I wanna do before I graduate.” Jinki explained.

 

“And what might that be?” Jonghyun teased.

 

Jinki took in a breath, steadying himself before speaking the comeback his mind had come up with. “Its my senior year, and i've created a bucket list of things i want to do before i graduate - one of those things happens to be you.”

 

He saw Jonghyun’s eyes widen at that, he felt his heart beat vigorously at the smirk he saw on Jonghyun’s lips. He saw Jonghyun lean in, he could feel Jonghyun’s hot minty breath against his lips.

 

“Finally,” Jonghyun whispered and bridged the little gap between them, his lips melting against Jinki in a kiss.

 

They pulled apart, their breaths uneven, heart beats a mess.

 

Jonghyun opened his notebook to the problem he was stuck on and pushed it towards Jinki, asking him to help him. Jinki swallowed and diverted his attention away from Jonghyun’s plump lips.

 

After an hour Jinki excused himself for his class, leaving after Jonghyun had given him a goodbye kiss.

 

During class Jinki felt his phone vibrate, he discreetly pulled it out, his heart beating fast seeing that it was a message from Jonghyun.

 

“Why don’t we strike off one thing from your list tonight?” and under that was the floor and Jonghyun’s dorm room number.

 

 

 


A/N:
Huhuhu we all know whats gonna happen ;)
Hope you liked it ^-^