JongYu

Eidolon

 

They were highschool lovers, the cutest couple on campus, the couple everyone adored, but in their last year of highschool they decided to part. Their varied interests threatened to put distance in between them and hence they decided to end their relationship on a happy note.

 

Now four years later Jonghyun was back in town with his bachelor’s degree in aeronautics and the first thing he had done was call up Jinki. Throughout the four years that they were apart Jinki and Jonghyun tried to keep in touch with each other. Even though they had parted ways they still checked in with each other, sharing their little doings of the day. Eventually as the months went by the number of messages that they exchanged decreased, their lives getting filled up with the new activities the new academic year brought for them.

 

Jinki gave himself a once-over in the mirror, fixed a few stray hair and was on the way to the restaurant he and Jonghyun had decided to meet up at, the same restaurant that they usually went on dates after months and months of saving up money back in high school.

 

Jinki stopped in his tracks when he spotted Jonghyun in the restaurant. Jonghyun had changed a lot over the four years, but yet he hadn’t changed much. Those doe eyes, the little too big nose and the plump lips remained the same. His cheeks had thinned out making his jaws prominent and his silver hair fell perfectly on his face. Jinki felt his heart pick up the beat he hadn’t felt in the past years. All in all, Jonghyun had become even more beautiful.

“Sorry I kept you waiting.” Jinki said as he sat down opposite Jonghyun.

 

“Jinki? Wow, just look at you.” Jonghyun exclaimed. “Looks like you joined the gym, even though you swear you wouldn’t.” Jonghyun winked.

 

Jinki chuckled as the distant memory of their gym class sprung up in his mind where he had promised Jonghyun he wouldn’t ever join the gym after a harsh training session they had had.

 

Their initial awkwardness was soon washed away from between them as they filled in each other about their own four years, recounted the various memories and stories of high school, their dates that they shared.

 

All throughout dinner Jinki found that he couldn’t keep to himself, his eyes would always linger on Jonghyun, his fingers brushed once or twice against Jonghyun’s and he liked the tingling sensation it sent his body into. He then deliberately made up instances where the other had to touch him.

 

“I’ll walk you home like old times.” Jinki said after their dinner. As they walked down the street he saw a little shiver in Jonghyun’s lips due to the cold; enticing him to pull Jonghyun closer. He let go of the nervous breath he had held when Jonghyun all but hummed and huddled even more closer to Jinki. It felt like the first few dates Jinki had taken Jonghyun on, being nervous about the little things that he would do, like putting his hand around the other or even holding hands.

 

“Nothing has changed, ‘tis the same, just like how it was before I left.” Jonghyun commented softly as Jinki led him through the park.

 

That one little sentence had Jinki’s heart beat vigorously. He knew Jonghyun was referring to their surroundings, the swings, the little shops; but knowing Jonghyun, Jinki knew he was also referring to something else, something even he had felt throughout their dinner.

 

“Here we are.” Jinki announced as they stopped in front of Jonghyun’s old house.

 

“Thank you for the lovely dinner.” Jonghyun smiled.

 

“You don’t have to thank me.” Jinki smiled shyly. “So...I’ll leave then.” Jinki said after a long pause filled with unsaid words and lingering feelings.

 

“Jinki?” Jonghyun called out when he saw Jinki step back.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“As far as I remember our dates never ended like this.”

 

Jonghyun’s word were soft and clear in the quiet night making Jinki’s heart stop. The touch of soft lips pressing against his own had his heart bolt up at the sensation.

 

“Were you always this beautiful?” Jinki asked before he pulled in Jonghyun for another kiss. Jinki could feel Jonghyun’s smile against his lips and he felt that achingly sweet pain in his heart that was always reserved for Jonghyun.

 

“I’ll call you.” Jonghyun said, he kissed Jinki a last time on his cheek and bid him a good night.

 

That night for the first time in four years Jinki realised he could never stop loving Jonghyun.

 


 
A/N:
I like how this prompt turned out ♥