JongYu

Eidolon

 

“Jonghyun!” Mrs Kim screeched when Jonghyun ran into her.

“Calm down will you!” She chided him as she set down the cutlery on the table.

 

“I can’t Ma. He’s gonna be here in a few minutes! I’ll go check up on dad. I hope you hid that hideous sweater of his well.” he muttered to himself as he ran upstairs to his parent’s bedroom.

 

A scream of frustration left him when he opened the door. “Why are you wearing that awful sweater? What about the black one I set out for you?”

 

“Are you crazy?” Jonghyun’s father asked as he buttoned up his red checkered sweater. “It’s just a simple dinner. I’m not going to wear something so fancy.”

 

“But Pa-”

 

“No. Now move I have guests to attend to tonight.”

 

Jonghyun sat down on the bed, already exhausted. He was happy that his parents were so accepting towards his relationship with Jinki, heck they even , but tonight, they were hell-bent on embarrassing him in front of Jinki.

He was jolted up from his thoughts when he heard the doorbell ring. He gave himself one last look in the mirror and dashed down.

 

His eyes met with Jinki’s who was being led inside by his father. Though he had seen that smile everyday, it never failed to catch him unaware. He almost lost his footing at the last step.

 

“You alright?” Jinki asked as he pulled Jonghyun closer by the waist, when he neared Jonghyun.

 

“Ye-yeah. Just a bit nervous.”

 

“Shouldn’t it be me who should be nervous?” Jinki chuckled.

 

Something about Jinki’s chuckle calmed down the nervous butterflies fretting about inside him.

 

“See, he likes the sweater too.” Mr Kim beamed at Jinki as they all sat down.

 

“But-” Jonghyun was cut by Jinki.

 

“Yes, it’s a good one, you’ll look cute in it too Jjong.” Jinki said, a playful lilt in his eyes.

 

Jonghyun slumped back into the couch, giving up.

 

“What are your plans for the winter break?” She said as she sat down beside her husband. “Going back home?”

 

“No plans as of yet. My parents are planning their own small vacation so it’s gonna be a waste going back.” Jinki replied.

 

Oh, this was news to Jonghyun. He broke into a grin when he realized the numerous dates he could on with Jinki this winter break.

 

“You can drop by anytime. You’re always welcome.” Jonghyun’s father nodded at his wife’s suggestion.

 

Never, Jonghyun thought. He wasn’t going to invite Jinki back ever again.

 

The conversation flowed easily between Jinki and Jonghyun’s parents, and Jonghyun could finally feel himself relax.

 

He was pulled out of his daze by Jinki who was peering down at him worriedly. “Are you really alright babe? Are you sick? You didn’t speak up much.”

 

Jonghyun could feel his ears turn red. “I’m alright, silly.” and he planted a chaste kiss on Jink’s lips.

“Where’s everyone?”

 

“Dinner.” Jinki gestured to the other room.

 

“Hmm. Come lets go before they think we are upto something, I get teased enough already.” Jonghyun shook his head.

 

Unfortunately for Jonghyun, dinner was the worst. His mother had revealed to Jinki that Jonghyun still feared to eat corn and peas as he had pooped them out whole when he was small. Oh his sad life!

 

After dinner, Jonghyun’s parents bid Jinki goodbye first, telling him to drop by again. Jonghyun kept shouting no to that.

He followed Jinki outside, still not ready to part from him.

“Were you really not nervous?” Jonghyun asked.

 

“I was, but then I saw you stumble at last step and i realized, that it would be okay, I’d have you by my side.”

 

“This is why I told mom to cut down on the cheese for the macaroni.” Jonghyun mumbled as he let Jinki pull him into an embrace.

 

“I’ll call you when I reach.” Jinki said as he gave Jonghyun a goodbye kiss.

 

As Jonghyun closed the door behind him, his phone beeped, a message from Jinki.

 

‘And Jonghyun you’d really look cute in that sweater! ;) ‘

 

 


 

A/N:
I love it when Jinki calls Jonghyun babe ;--;  is it only me?