MinKey

Eidolon

 

Minho walked down the very intimate alley, the alley he always took with him when they ran away from classes. He let out a shaky breath which fogged up due to the cold. How he wished that his memories about him fogged up like this too, after he had left him, taking his everything with him, leaving a coldness inside him which the many summers he spent waiting for the other couldn’t expel.

 

He stopped in front of his cafe situated at the end of the alley where it joined one of the bigger streets. He let a shiver pass down his body as he suppressed the happy yet painful memories of his past.

 

He soon got down to work, keeping a pot of coffee for brewing, mixing the dough and helping his other employees to clean.

 

Even after years of his departure, the first coffee that he brewed was his favourite. He sat sipping on it as he watched the hustle and bustle around his cafe. His mind got distracted off that and he switched on the radio, stopping at a random frequency that was actually playing a song.

 

He hummed along to the old distant song of whose lyrics he vaguely remembered.

 

Yes he was sad that Kibum had left him, left him to pursue his career, pursue his happiness, but he couldn’t stay sad for a long time, maybe he was still a bit bitter, but definitely not sad.

 

Even after all these years the feelings that he held for Kibum hadn’t changed. Their past happy memories, those fleeting moments when he was so close to him, those days when he had wanted to confess to him, but he didn’t, those nights they had spent under the stars talking with wide eyes about their futures. He still loved them. He still loved him. So how could he be unhappy? When he still had so much left to cherish?

 

At times he thought maybe Kibum liked him too, maybe he was just too shy to admit it? And at times he thought Kibum didn’t like him, those long looks hadn’t gone unnoticed by him.

 

After Kibum left, he tried contacting him, calling him everyday, sending a mail everyday, trying to get him back, but alas, there was never a reply.

 

But, but he still waited, still waited for a call, a small message, still waited for Kibum to come back to him.



 


 

A/N:
I got introduced to a good song through this prompt!;-: