OnKey

Eidolon

 

Jinki groaned as his hand hit the cold pillow beside him. Kibum was gone again today, he hated waking up to a cold and empty bed.

 

He stretched, his joints creaking at the effort and got off the bed. He picked up his phone, dialed Kibum up as he went outside to the kitchen.

 

“You’re up?”

 

Jinki felt his heart skip a beat at the deep and crisp voice. Oh how he loved Kibum’s voice.
“Kibum!” Jinki whined. “Where are you?”

 

“Rehearsal.”

 

“Didn’t you go for practise in the night too? Come back already! Let’s cuddle back to sleep.”

 

“Get ready for your schedule too, Old man.”

 

“Bummie!” Jinki moaned.

 

“I gotta go now.” Kibum ended the call.

 

Jinki sighed as he put the phone down on the dining table. He pulled out a bowl from the cabinet poured himself some cereal and milk and settled down. He browsed through the messages he had received overnight, occasionally replying.

 

He smiled at the message Kibum had sent him early in the morning. You were sleeping so I didn’t wake you up. And please, please have a bath before you leave. I can’t believe I even slept beside you!

 

He replied, If only you agree to get in the bath with me ;)

 

He waited a few minutes for Kibum’s reply, but upon seeing that none had come he decided to put his phone away and get back to his now soggy cornflakes. He was happy that Kibum’s talent got recognised, and he kept getting to showcase it with musicals one after the other, but that also meant that the time he spent with him decreased too. The number of dates they went on decreased, the only time they got to spend together now-a-days was only in the night, the other usually coming back after one was asleep. And hence lately he had turned to whining and , expressing the sorrow he felt at their time apart. It was only towards Kibum that he could behave like this, acting like a kid, being selfish, whining, , all towards and for him.

 

-

 

As Jinki waited for the drama set to get ready for shooting he decided to call Kibum again.

“Bummie!” he exclaimed when he heard the click of the call connecting.

 

“Hey!” He heard the chuckle in Kibum’s voice.

 

“I miss you,” Jinki sighed, clutching the phone tighter.

 

“I miss you too, Old man. And you did have a bath right? Or are you still waiting for me?” Kibum teased.

 

“What if I say that I’m still waiting for you?” Jinki asked, his smile shaping into a smirk.

 

“That’s a lot of waiting you have to do then.” and he heard Kibum’s boyish giggle that made his heart race.

 

Jinki was informed that the set was ready and they were waiting for him. “Okay I gotta run. It’s my shot. Love you Bummie.” and he blew a kiss over the phone.

 

“Yes, yes, I love myself too, Jinki.”

 

Jinki hung up, the last thing he heard was Kibum’s laughter that made his insides bubble.

 

-

 

“Bummie!” Jinki exclaimed as soon as he entered their apartment. “You’re back? So early?” he asked as he entered the kitchen. He pulled Kibum into a back hug, taking in the other’s musky scent.

 

“Had to. Someone kept whining about how they keep missing me.” Kibum said turning around and kissing Jinki’s nose. “Oh Old man, you are so cute at times, what am I gonna do with you?” Kibum mused as he let Jinki kiss him all over the face.

 

“What do you wanna do with me?” Jinki asked as he pulled Kibum away from the kitchen.

 

Kibum leaned in, his lips pressing against Jinki’s ear, a soft, playful tune in his voice, “First let’s end your wait for a bath.”