JongYu

Eidolon

 

Jonghyun reversed, parking perfectly into the slot in front of the Florist. He pushed the faded green door, earning a soft creak. He made way to the counter being careful as to not bump into the various pots on the floor.

 

“Anyone here?” He called when he saw no one around. He heard a distant ‘just a minute’ and a few minutes later he saw a man approach him from the other end of the shop.

 

Jonghyun in his breath, his mind going blank when he had a proper look at the man. He wore a tank top which showed off his tanned as well as toned arms paired along with ripped jeans and sneakers. And his face, that, was something else. Somewhat long chestnut brown hair framed his face, his eyes crinkled up in a smile, and oh that smile. He was completely Jonghyun’s type.

 

“How may I help you?” he asked.

 

“I-I need flowers.” Jonghyun stuttered, this guy was too overwhelming for him.

 

The other guy chuckled, “Okay, but what sort of flowers do you want?”

 

“Any would do really,” Jonghyun said looking at the various pots and benches around the shop.

 

“Ah, that won’t do. You see every flower has a meaning and you wouldn’t want to give the wrong flower for the occasion, like you wouldn’t want to give your girlfriend a bouquet of peace lilies on your date now, would you?” He ended with a wink.

 

Jonghyun finally looked him in the eye, the guy did have a point, “I’m giving them to my mother, so anything appropriate for that?” Jonghyun asked.

 

“A bouquet of pink carnations is what you are looking for then.” and he gave that same heart-stopping smile again. He excused himself and went to the back of the room.

 

Jonghyun watched him move around the shop, collecting the flowers and everything necessary. He finally took a white ribbon from the counter and tied up the bouquet.

“There you go,” he handed the bouquet to Jonghyun.

 

“Is this fine…?”

 

“Jonghyun.”
 

“Is this fine Jonghyun?”

Jonghyun nodded and soon the bill was settled. As he was about to leave he turned, “What’s your name?”

 

“Jinki.” Jinki replied with a smile.


 

---

 

Jonghyun’s mother was absolutely delighted with the flowers, but in his case, it was the florist. The florist’s face and his voice were all that was flowing from one thought to another for him.

 

The next day was even worse. While driving to work he spotted Jinki opening up his shop, making him accidently step on the break, almost causing an accident.

 

He apologised profusely to the person behind him, and left before he could attract more attention towards himself.

 

On the way back he saw Jinki watering the plants outside, his hair tied up behind him in a ponytail, and the leather jacket that he had seen in the morning now off to show a simple white tee.

 

He parked the car at a distance from the shop made way to the shop.

 

“Welcome, how may I-, oh it’s you again!” Jinki exclaimed. “Jonghyun right?”

 

“Yes,” Jonghyun grinned at the smile Jinki offered.

 

“So what are you looking for today?” Jinki asked as he led them both inside.

 

Jonghyun swallowed, he had to be smooth, it was now or never. “What flowers do you give when you’re wooing someone?”

 

“Well it differs from person to person,” Jinki chuckled at Jonghyun’s crestfallen look.

 

Jonghyun cleared his throat, going in for another try, “What flowers am I looking for if I am wooing you?”

 

He saw Jinki’s eyes widen a little, and slowly a smirk form on his face. “Are you trying to flirt with me, Mr Jonghyun? ‘Cause then, you’re doing a really bad job.”

 

Jonghyun shrugged, a boyish, playful smile gracing his lips.

 

“You are looking for lilies then.” Jinki said, his smirk still in place.

 

“Give me your costliest and the most beautiful bouquet of lilies then.”

 

“Are you sure about that?” Jinki asked, his eyebrows raised at Jonghyun’s request.

 

“Yes definitely.”

 

An hour later Jonghyun walked out of the shop with $ 300 less in his account (like that mattered) and Jinki’s phone number.


 

---

 

The next day Jonghyun dropped in at lunch.

 

“And here you are.” Jinki said as he watched Jonghyun walk in with a few boxes. “I’m only allowing you in ‘cause you brought pizza.” Jinki said as he cleared his working table.

 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, as he set down the boxes and helped Jinki move the scissors and clean the table of the various leaf and stem cuttings.

 

“Don’t you have work?” Jinki asked as he handed over a towel to Jonghyun. “What exactly do you do actually?” Jinki asked as he sat down, pulling one of the boxes towards himself. “I’ve only seen you in suits, not that you look bad or anything.”

 

Jonghyun could feel his ears warm up at the offhand compliment Jinki had given him.

 

“Work at the company down the lane.” he said as he settled down too.

 

“The electronics one? No wonder you bought the $300 bouquet without batting an eyelash.” Jinki said after swallowing a mouthful of pizza. “If you don’t mind me asking, what post are you at though?”

 

“Um,” Jonghyun hesitated, not that he was ashamed of his post, he didn’t know how Jinki would react to it. “I’m the CEO.”

 

“,” Jinki hissed and he set down his slice of pizza. “Woah man, never expected that.” he said, and gestured Jonghyun for an exchange of slices.

 

“And why is that?” Jonghyun asked, genuinely curious now, taking in the bite of the slice Jinki had given him.

 

“Do CEO’s have so much of free time?”

 

“We can, if we want to.” Jonghyun said with a wink.

 

Jinki chuckled at that, “Thank god you told me where you work, I was going crazy with guilt for charging you extra.”

 

“They were worth every single cent.” Jonghyun waved off Jinki’s guilt. He got Jinki’s number in exchange, what more could he ask for.

 

They talked about the game last night, their current favourite songs, their favourite literature, favourite artists, almost every single thing.

 

Once they were done Jonghyun helped Jinki clear the table and helped him with the bouquet he was working on previously.

 

“What flowers should I give to tell the person that I am interested in them?” Jonghyun asked as he watched Jinki tie up the bouquet.

 

“So Mr CEO going to buy another $300 bouquet?” Jinki asked as he went to one of the benches on the side.

 

“You know me so well already.” Jonghyun sighed. “Hmm…” Jonghyun trailed off a bit, “G-give me purple lilacs.”

 

Jinki raised his eyebrows and made the man the bouquet he asked for, handing it to him, amused at his perfect cover of calm out of which leaked out a tiny bit of flusteredness.

 

Jonghyun drove back to his office with a huge bouquet of lilacs, not before plucking out one flower from the bouquet and offering it to Jinki.

 

That evening Jonghyun dropped by Jinki’s shop again, picking up a bouquet of tulips and again offering one flower to Jinki before leaving.


 

----

 

Jinki twirled the flowers Jonghyun had presented him, dropping them into a separate vase, spraying a little water, and gazing at them with an intrigued smile.

 

Lilacs and tulips.

 

“First love and passion.” Jinki smiled.

 

This guy was really something. He came from a different walk of life, was too upfront and it had been just a day, a single day and he had managed to get on Jinki’s mind so bad, that Jinki could not think of it as bad at all. He laughed on realizing his thoughts and pushed back his hair.

 

It would be too much of a waste to brush Jonghyun off.

 

So he made extra effort in dressing up the next day, taking care that he didn’t smudge his shirt with mud, but alas Jonghyun didn’t turn up, not even at lunch.

 

The next day was a no show from Jonghyun again, and that caused his heart to beat in restlessness.  How could Jonghyun just disappear like that? He hadn’t even replied to his indirect confessions! How could he just disappear like this after stirring things up in his poor heart?

 

The next morning Jinki woke up determined, if Jonghyun didn’t turn up today too, he was going to see him then. Jonghyun didn’t show up at lunch and Jinki set about on executing the plan he had thought of.

 

He placed the ‘closed’ sign outside and collected the flowers he needed for his bouquet.

 

----

 

“Delivery for Kim Jonghyun!” Jonghyun looked up at the familiar voice. He saw Jinki peeking in his office, that smile in place. He gestured Jinki to come in.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jonghyun asked bewildered. He had never expected Jinki to show up.

 

“Like I said, a delivery.” Jinki shrugged nonchalantly, and he placed the bouquet on Jonghyun’s desk, beside the vase with the now dried lilies.

 

“Roses?” Jonghyun asked, his eyes widening at the beautiful bouquet of red roses Jinki had brought for him.

 

“I thought I wouldn’t be this cheesy, but you disappeared after declaring your love for him.”

 

Jonghyun blushed, how could he deny the truth now?

 

“So this is my way of saying yes, then.” Jinki said as he sat down opposite Jonghyun, “A sweet place you’ve got for yourself.” he said looking around.

 

Jonghyun didn’t hear Jinki, his mind still processing the flowers and what Jinki had said.

“So?” Jinki asked, when there was no reaction from Jonghyun.

 

“Does this mean we are exclusive?” Jonghyun asked, his eyebrows quirked up in playfulness.

 

“As exclusive as exclusive can get.”

 

 

 

 



A/N:
Florist Jinki ♥.♥