JongYu

Eidolon

 

Eunsook sighed as she neatly folded the silk scarf that had been hanging from her locker. It was getting out of hand now, she didn’t mind the fact that she had a few admirers, but going to the extent of buying an expensive scarf just to woo her was the limit. She took out the letter that was slid into her locker and headed to the terrace to return the gifts.

 

“Kibum?” she called out as she headed to the corner where she knew Kibum usually sat.

 

Kibum stood up as soon as he saw Eunsook approaching him. “Hey beautiful,” he smiled.

 

Eunsook handed over the scarf and the letter, “You don’t have to do all this.” She emphasized. “No matter what you do, my answer will be the same. I’m sorry Kibum, but I won’t go out with you.”

 

“Shh,” Kibum shushed her as he took her hand in his, “Do you think that is going to stop me?” he tied the scarf around Eunsook’s wrist gently before giving her a smug smile and salute before leaving.

 

-

 

“Noona!” Eunsook heard Minho’s whine follow her. “Please say yes!”

 

Eunsook ignored Minho as she headed to the changing rooms after soccer practice.

 

“Please! You are the best female soccer player and I am the best male soccer player, we are perfect for each other! Go out on a date with me!”

 

Eunsook took in a deep breath before she turned around to face Minho, “Listen, you are infatuated by soccer, by my soccer skills, you don’t like me Minho, don’t confuse yourself.”

 

“No, that’s not true. I really, really like you.”

 

Eunsook shook her head as she closed the door to the changing door after her.

 

-

 

Eunsook ran to her class after she finished changing, that little talk with Minho had made her late for the after school duties she was assigned.

 

“Taemin?” She saw Taemin close the door of her classroom.

 

“Noona!” Taemin greeted her cheerily. “What are you doing here so late? You should’ve gone home.” Taemin chided her.

 

“You cleaned up?”

 

“Yes! You don’t need to worry, it has all been taken care of.” He informed her.

 

“You don’t need to do any of this. It’s my duty, my responsibility, so leave it for me.” Eunsook scolded him.

 

“It’s alright Noona, getting a little help now and then,” Taemin winked at her as he blow a her a kiss.

 

Eunsook watched, exasperated, as Taemin left blowing her more kisses.

 

These boys were driving her crazy.

 

-

 

The next day during lunch Eunsook found the cafeteria almost empty, “Where’s everyone?” she asked the next student she saw running towards the exit.

 

You don’t know?” the guy asked her. “A big fight broke out between Kibum and Minho over you.” he informed her.

 

Eunsook felt a wave of anger break her patience.

 

-

 

“Stop!” Eunsook exclaimed as soon as she arrived on the soccer field.

 

Minho was on the ground, pinned down by the combined effort of Kibum and Taemin.

 

“Noona, you stay out of this,” Taemin said when he saw Eunsook near them.

 

“Yes, stay out of this,” Minho breathed, “This is between us, and we’ll settle it ourselves.”

 

“What are you going to settle, after all you have been the one who has been causing trouble by following her around the school.” Kibum said as he caught Minho’s fist before it could meet his face.

 

“Me?” Minho put in all his strength as he pushed Kibum off him. “You are the one who has been pestering her with all those gifts, not me.” and he hit Kibum.

 

“Stop it!” Eunsook came in between, effectively stopping them from hurting the other. “What is wrong with all of you? How many times do I have to tell you that no matter what you do my answer will be the same! Fighting yourselves won’t change a single thing!”

 

“Why?” Kibum asked. “You won’t date me, nor him or even Tae? Why?”

 

“Be-Because she’s my girlfriend.”

 

All heads turned to the source of the voice- a short, slender boy with a mess of silverish-blonde hair and the typical bold nerdy glasses- Mr Straight A in everything but Math- Kim Jonghyun.

 

Kibum scoffed, “In your dreams,” as Jonghyun came forward making everyone present there laugh.

 

Jonghyun ignored Kibum as he walked meekly to Eunsook.

 

“Are you really dating this little pup?” Minho asked as he saw Jonghyun entwine his fingers with Eunsook.

 

“Yes, and he is your Hyung.” Eunsook corrected them.

 

Jonghyun then began, “E-Excuse us, Noona and I have a date today.” and Jonghyun lead Eunsook hurriedly out of the flabbergasted crowd.