JongYu

Eidolon

Jonghyun stood by the stairs watching the basketball practise. To others it might look like he was waiting for his best buddy Minho, who was on the basketball court, but they didn’t know the truth. No, he was not waiting for that tall , instead he spent his time ogling the captain, Jinki.

 

The moment he had seen Jinki on his first day of school, he was smitten. The longish hair, those small eyes, that crooked nose, and those sinful lips. Oh god, Jonghyun was sold.

 

His eyes followed Jinki running across the court, taking in the way his muscles strained and were defined; oh yes, Jonghyun was drooling.

 

His eyes met with Jinki’s, who winked at him, and Jonghyun was sure he was the same color as Jinki’s jersey.

 

“He looked so good today,” Jonghyun sighed as Minho joined, “I mean he looks good everyday, but you know what I’m trying to say.” Jonghyun sighed blissfully as he saw Jinki leave.

 

Minho rolled his eyes, he knew about Jonghyun’s crush on Jinki, heck the whole school might know for all he cared. “Yeah, yeah.” Minho said as he pushed Jonghyun towards the direction of the gate. “I have a better chance than you though,” Minho teased.

 

After Jonghyun’s crush was evident to his group of friends, they all took to teasing him about it. They all liked Jinki too, he was the perfect senior, but, their liking for him was not as intense as Jonghyun’s.

 

“He winked at me Minho!” Jonghyun exclaimed. “So you can dream all about this chance of yours,” Jonghyun fumed.

 

“I have touched him, talked to him too.” Minho gloated.

 

“Hi-fives do not count as touching and congratulating on a win does not count as talking, so off.” Jonghyun bristled.

 

-

After dinner, Jonghyun sat down with his laptop, surfing his social media accounts, checking his inbox and his feed.

 

He squealed when he saw Jinki on his feed, Jinki had shared a selfie of his, eyes twinkling and a cute pout as he complained about how tired he was. It was such a cute photo.

 

He instantly took his phone from the bedside table and he called up his friends.

 

“What do you want?” Kibum drawled as soon as the line connected. “And why is it a conference call?”

 

“Did you all see Jinki’s new selfie?” Jonghyun gushed over Kibum’s complaints. “He looks so cute!”

 

“Which one?” Taemin asked.

 

“Yes, ughh that pout!” Minho whined.

 

“Have you looked further below the pout? Looks like he was shirtless. Oh my.” Kibum sighed.

 

Jonghyun’s eyes widened, he scrolled back up as fast as he could to the picture, and true to Kibum’s words, Jinki was shirtless. He could see those delicious collar bones sticking out! Oh how could he have missed that!

 

“Man,” Taemin sighed, “I want a body like Jinki’s, I wouldn’t mind getting Jinki too.” Taemin snickered.

 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, as he was about to log out he had a new notification, he clicked right away on the follow request he got.

 

His heart stopped. He recognised the username and the display picture. It was Jinki.

 

“Guys!” Jonghyun exclaimed. “You won’t believe this!”

 

“That you’re straight.” Taemin sneered.

 

“He’s as straight as you are Tae.” Kibum commented lethargically.

 

“Listen!” Jonghyun cried. “Jinki sent me a follow request!” he squealed.

 

“You are lying,” Kibum deadpanned.

 

“No I am not! He really did!” Jonghyun justified his claim.

 

“I ing help him out while cleaning up the class and he never followed me!” Kibum exclaimed. “How could he! That unfair !”

 

“It’s just a follow request, not a big deal.” Taemin said nonchalantly.

 

“You are right Tae,” Minho said. “Someone is seeing into things too deeply huh.”

 

“You are all just jealous. Just accept the fact that I have a better chance than all of you combined.” Jonghyun relished.

 

“ off Kim.”

 

“Wait a minute, I have a DM.” Jonghyun said tucking the phone between his shoulder and ear. “Holy !” Jonghyun exclaimed. “It’s from Jinki! Oh my god, guys! Jinki sent me a DM!”

 

“No he didn’t.” Minho said lowly.

 

“Omg, omg, he called me cute!!!!” Jonghyun giggled. “Oh he’s so cute,” Jonghyun felt his cheek warm up as he read the message over and over again.

 

“Read out the message.” Taemin said impatiently.

 

Hey there,” Jonghyun read out. “I’ve seen you cheering for us, for me I should say-I can always distinguish your voice-and you are extremely cute, that pink hair of yours is adorable. Uh sorry about that, ignore it please. So what I wanted to say was, can we meet up tomorrow after school?”

 

“You are ing lying.” Minho said.

 

“I don’t believe a single word of that message.” Kibum said.

 

“Send us a screencap of the message.” Taemin said.

 

“Okay fine you jealous pricks.” Jonghyun said as he ended the call. He took a screencap and instantly forwarded it to them, waiting for his phone to ring.

 

“What the actual ?”  Kibum’s voice greeted Jonghyun as soon as he had picked up the call.

 

“That can’t be true,” he heard Minho say, his voice a mixture of disbelief and bewilderment.

 

“Oh god, I knew I should have stood by the stairs too, watching over the matches. !” Taemin cursed.

 

“What should I reply back?” Jonghyun asked, his fingers hovering over the keyboard.

 

“Tell him no.” He heard Kibum’s jealous reply and the other two’s agreement with Kibum.

 

“Losers,” Jonghyun breathed. He typed out a reply and read it out for them. “Omg! Thank you! You are very handsome too! I can’t believe you sent me a msg! I mean yes! Let’s meet up tomorrow.”

 

“Whatever.” Minho fumed as he ended the call, the others following him too in their envy.

 

“Okay fine! I’ll send him this.” Jonghyun said as he hit the enter button. He shut off his laptop, plugged in his phone to let it charge and stood in front of the wardrobe, trying to pick out the perfect clothes for his big day tomorrow.

 

-

 

The next day after school Jonghyun waited by the stairs for Jinki. He flipped off Minho, Kibum and Taemin who were waiting near by passing obscene comments about him and Jinki.

 

“Sorry, you had to wait so long.” Jinki apologized as he joined Jonghyun.

 

“It’s alright,” Jonghyun blushed, Jinki, like always looked heavenly.

 

Jinki grinned as he held out his hand for Jonghyun, “So how about some cold latte? I know this really amazing place nearby.”

 

Jonghyun nodded shyly as he held onto Jinki’s hand.

 

“Do you know them?” Jinki asked, sending a curious gaze to the jealous trio who were boo-ing loudly.

 

“Nope, not at all.” Jonghyun grinned, as he flipped them off, behind his back.

 


A/N:
This sort of got out of hand ^^'
Hope you all like it!