MinKey/JongYu

Eidolon

“Taemin! Ren!” Jinki called out from the porch of the rented house.

 

“Why are you calling them in?” Kibum asked as he saw the toddlers run towards their house. “The sun hasn’t even set yet.”

 

“Haven’t you heard?” Jinki asked lowly as he helped the two get out of their shoes and get inside. “Haven’t you heard about the lake’s curse? And that this lake is haunted? I think other than us only another family has rented a vacation house in this area.”

 

Kibum’s throat dried up at that, a deliberateness taking over his heart.

 

“Haven’t you ever wondered how we got such a place so cheap?” Jinki asked.

 

Yes, indeed Kibum had his suspicions about it, but he had shrugged off; maybe Minho and Jinki had pulled a few strings, but he hadn’t expected it to be this.

 

“It’s alright, Bum. You have us all with you, don’t worry.” Jinki patted Kibum’s shoulder.

 

And worry was all Kibum did. Any little sound, any stray light entering their rented house had him jumping up. As time passed he became more and more silent, oblivious to the little glances being exchanged between Minho and Jinki.

 

After dinner much to Kibum’s dismay the rest had agreed on watching a horror film. The choice was left upto Minho and Jinki and Kibum as Jonghyun went up to put the kids to sleep. Kibum watched as Minho and Jinki excitedly discussed the various dvds they had brought along and finally decided on one by the time Jonghyun was back.

 

Kibum snuggled into Minho as the movie started, his eyes darting around the room, never once landing on the tv screen, Jinki’s little information had him freaked out enough, he didn’t want to make things worse for himself by watching some goddamn horror movie.

 

An hour since the movie began and Kibum found himself nodding off; Minho’s warmth and scent calming him down. A loud noise had him sitting up straight, the power was cut.

 

“I think the fuse is blown,” Minho said as he got up.

 

“Don’t go,” Kibum said meekley as he held onto Minho’s hand.

 

Minho smiled, “It will be alright.”

 

Kibum sat there, his heart pounding against his chest, cold sweat dripping down his neck as he prayed for Minho to be safe. They heard loud and insistent knocks on the front door.

 

“What was that?” Jonghyun asked, his voice giving away his anxiety.

 

“I’ll check,” Jinki said as he detached himself from Jonghyun.

 

It had been 30 minutes since both Minho and Jinki had left. Kibum sat still on the couch; he didn’t trust his legs to support him if he stood up.

 

Kibum let out a squeak when he heard loud banging noises coming from both the front and the back door. He immediately got up and rushed to Jonghyun, holding onto him for dear life.

 

“What is happening?” Jonghyun gulped as heard howling noises and footsteps coming from around their house.

 

“Jin-Jinki said the lake was cursed.” Kibum finally said after he had found his voice back.

 

“Oh no,” Jonghyun exclaimed, dread settling in, “the kids. We need to check on them Kibum, they are all alone up there.”

 

Kibum nodded, yes, he couldn’t give in to his fear now, he had to protect his child.

 

“I’ll go check on them,” Jonghyun said as he pulled out his phone and the flashlight.

 

“Don’t leave me alone,” Kibum breathed, as he pulled out his own phone and the flashlight.

 

“Going somewhere?”

 

Kibum screamed when he felt hands circle his waist, a hand soon came up to muffle his scream and instantly the lights were back on. He turned around to find Minho grinning down at him. He hit Minho with all he had as he finally let the tears that he had been holding in.

 

“Aww Bummie!” Minho chuckled as he pulled Kibum in his embrace. Kibum wiped his tears, his eyes finding Jinki and sending him death glares. His heart triumphed as he saw Jonghyun tell Jinki off, but that wasn’t enough, he would give him hell too, because he knew only Jinki would conjure up such plans.

 

“I’ll go check on the kids,” Jonghyun sighed, when he was done scolding Jinki.

 

“I’ll come with you,” Jinki piped up.

 

“Get lost.”  Jonghyun snapped.

 

Minho half carried, half dragged Kibum to the couch where he pulled Kibum closer to himself, whispering apologies and calming words.

 

“Never ever do anything like this again,” Kibum said after he had calmed down.

 

“I promise,” Minho kissed Kibum, “You know how well your brother speaks and how convincing he can be.” Minho explained. “Don’t worry, I’ll never fall for his tricks again.”

 

Kibum sniffed, “I know. He’s safe for now, but tomorrow the lake’s curse will be on him.” Kibum resolved.

 


 
A/N:
Happy SHINeeversary ♥