[27]

Midnight Gigolo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Honey, honey-!" Sangho called after the short woman as she speed walk toward Gain's home. As they climbed onto the front, she was stopped dead in her tracks as she noticed a man putting a new glass in the window. 

Joongeum's angry eyes turned toward the door and then walked over, she pound against it. "Gain!" 

The worker turned toward them, surprised by her energy. 

"Han Gain open the door!" She shouted, Sangho winched a little everytime she pound. Finally the pounding was save when Gain opened the door. 

"Mom?" 

Joongeum glared at her before entering on her own. Sangho released a heavy sigh and shook his head before Gain, then followed his wife in. Gain peeked outside to meet the worker's gaze. 

She lent him a silent apology before shutting the door gently, in order to avoid shaking the wall. 

As she turned around, she saw her parents facing her. Her mother's face was severe. She held her purse at her stomach, giving her an angry-motherly look. "You. Are you still seeing that man?" She asked. 

"Yeah...." Gain replied. 

"Didn't you hear? He's that killer's son. I forbid you and him to meet any longer. Get rid of him as soon as possible." 

"I can't mom....I like him too much...." 

"Are you going to be like this? Don't you feel sorry for your brother who's in Heaven?!" Her mother's tone was like a bomb being dropped without a warning. 

"I'm sure big brother will understand. It wasn't Seungho's doing in the first place mom-"

"I don't care if your brother understand or not. Nor do I care that he wasn't at the scene. He cannot escape the misdeed his father has brought upon our family! Not to mention in front of your brother's grave he couldn't even swear to love you forever! Men like those cannot be trusted!" 

"He went to brother's grave...?" 

Joongeum folded her arms, "I ran into him and he helped me carry your brother's flowers to his gravesite. But that's not my point. Either you get rid of him for good or I will do it myself!" 

"No! I'm....I'm pregnant!" Gain lied. Horror covered Joongeum's face and her jaw dropped a little. Even Sangho was taken by surprise. "It's his....Mom and dad...." 

Seungho was standing inside of the small building. It was a lot cleaner and tidier, his father had folded the clothes and put them back in the drawers. He even picked up the photo of them, from the trashcan Seungho had thrown it in, and leaned it against the stack of blankets. 

Jisub wasn't in the building. 

Seungho went out by the river, there he was his father sitting on the rock, his feet hanging over the edge. Seungho made his way over slowly, feeling the cool breeze from the surface of the water. 

He stopped beside his father as he noticed the man in a dazed mode. He saw tears streaming down his father's dry face. His long hair was messily tied up in a bun. When he finally noticed Seungho, he peeked up to meet the younger's gaze. 

"Seungho!" Jisub said with widen, woken eyes. "Am I dreaming or have you come to see me?" He asked. 

"I'm here." Seungho answered, Jisub sighed sharply as he turned toward the water. 

"You still look the same. I thought I would never get to see you again in this lifetime. So I thought I was going to follow your mother soon." He spilled out his thoughts and words thoughtlessly. "I've been seeing a lot of her. She wanted me to go to her if I really love her." The older flattened his eyes a little. "I don't know when it was that I've stopped loving your mother." He frowned in confusion, "But one day your mother didn't matter to me. It was strange." 

Seungho took a seat beside Jisub, knowing he may go on for a long time. Jisub shook his head a little, "Seungho. I'm sorry for being a bad father....Becoming a father at 16 when your mother was 15....I didn't know how to be a good father. I only brought pain to your mother and you. I'm ashamed of myself." 

"Stop it. I hate the sight of my parents' weak sides." 

Jisub inhaled heavily, "I should just follow your mother, son....I should love her more this time. Our spirits will always be together....Since we can't bring your mother back, should we go to her instead?" 

Seungho scoffed, "You and mom must have died a lot in the past. You two take death too easily. Unlike you I value my life." 

"Even when you're all alone in this world? With no parents?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter