[14]

Midnight Gigolo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungho stopped at the small market just a few blocks from the neighborhood he was staying at. In the store he picked up a few ramen packages and looked around for drinks. Then he felt the vibration of his phone in his pocket. Seungho reached in and pulled it out, seeing Myungsoo's number. Seungho answered it and heard Myungsoo's voice. 

Though Myungsoo usually speak in a calm tone one can tell when he's angry.

"Where are you?" Myungsoo questioned. 

Seungho waited a moment before answering, "Home." 

"Oh. Well take a day or two off then contact me. I have a line up of cilents for you." 

"Yeah." Seungho said before hanging up and slide the phone into his pocket. With that he headed to the counter and paid for the small items before heading back to the small building near the back of the neighborhood. 

As he opened the door he saw how Gain was already done cleaning up the mess and was cleaning her boots with napkins now. "Oh you're back already?" She asked. Seungho sent her a smile instead and held up the bag. 

"I bought ramen." 

Gain nodded with bright eyes, "Okay, let me finish cleaning my shoes then I'll cook for us." 

Seungho shut the front door, "I'll do it, this is my place after all." He answered, Gain let out a sound that agreed to his statement and fixed her attention back on her boots. Seungho walk into the kitchen and set up a pot with boiling water. 

After ten minutes Seungho was almost done cooking. 

In the hall Gain look at the photo hanging on the wall. Seungho appeared very happy while holding an older man. "Who's this man in this photo?" 

Seungho turned to look at Gain while stirring the pot of noodles with chopsticks. He realize Gain was talking about the only photo on the wall, thus he head over and took it off the wall. He walked into the kitchen and toss it in the trash can, surprising Gain. 

Gain noticed how Seungho seemed a bit more blue. How he wasn't in a mood to mess around, it was strange. 

To her. 

"Why did you throw away a perfectly good photo?" She asked approaching Seungho with small strides. Seungho finished stirring the noodles and turn around to grab one of the two small bowls Gain have washed up near the sink. He grabbed a bunch of noodles and put it in the bowl. 

"Do you want some of the soup?" Seungho asked, not sparing her a glance. 

"Sure...." Gain replied, Seungho spun back around to retrieve a spoon and used it to scoop the soup. As he poured it over the drying noodles, he hand the bowl over to Gain and she took it from his hold carefully. He then pushed two chopsticks into her pile of noodles. 

"Enjoy." He said before turning around and began moving some items around. Gain couldn't help but set the bowl on the counter and watch Seungho quietly. She wasn't sure why but his stiff state somehow bugged her and she wish he would voluntarily tell her. 

When night approached Seungho washed the dishes while Gain sit in the living room, looking around the room she was already familiar with. It wasn't difficult to become accustomed to such a small place, as compared to what she was used to. 

As time passes, Seungho finished washing dishes and shut off the light in the kitchen. Then he walked over to the living room and reached over Gain, shutting the curtain. Gain spun around to face him; watching how he slowly rolled out the mat then with the single pillow and blanket, her spread it out. 

Seungho let out a heavy sigh once the bed was made. He then spun his head around to see Gain's sitting on the ground still. "You're not afraid of sleeping alone for the night are you?" 

Though Gain didn't expect Seungho to sleep beside her, his question still came as a surprise. 

"Are you leaving...?" 

Seungho let out a breathy smile, "Why you don't want me to?" 

Gain looked away from him, "That's not it...." She said softly. 

"I'll sleep with the deaf woman who's three homes down the street, if you need anything then come find me there." He said. Gain nodded and waited for the lad to stand up. "Get in, I'll turn off the lights for you on my way out." 

Gain got up and walk over to the bed, where she sat down and slide in easily. Seungho gave her a short gentle smile before turning around and opening the door, then in a matter of seconds he was gone after switching off the lights. He shut the door and slowly removed his hand from the doorknob. 

Gain could hear the rhythmical chirping crickets outside the small home as she lie alone in the dark. 

Outside Seungho looked up toward the night sky. The round moon was clear and bright, yet he felt down. Instead of doing as he told her, Seungho headed toward the opposite way of the location he said he could be found at. 

Gain pulled the covers over her but couldn't sleep as she kept tossing and turning. Her thoughts were troubled with her falling career,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter