[23]

Midnight Gigolo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was late afternoon when Clara stopped outside Gain's place. Inside she was cleaning up the photos Seungho had left scattered everywhere. She pick up the photo of her and Junghoon and pursed her lips, thinking of what she should do with it. 

Before she could come with any conclusion for the thin item she heard the doorbell ring. 

At the door Gain opened up just a crack to see Clara's pale face and her bright red lipsticks. 

"Han Gain?" She asked, Gain could only blink at the stranger. 

Gain was stirring a cup of coffee for the lady, meanwhile Clara kept scanning the room with many thoughts running through her head. "So this is what an ex-actor's place look like?" Gain ignored her rhetorical question. 

Once the coffee was done she walked over and hand the glass cup on a glass plate to Clara. "Here's your coffee. I'm not sure if you prefer it dark or-"

"I like my coffee bitter thank you." Clara said before taking a sip to taste it. Gain hurried pass the woman and seated herself on the couch opposite of Clara. "Hm, I must say you make fine coffee." Clara said with a pleased tone, earning an awkward smile from Gain. 

It was once in a while when Gain get to make coffee; she was more of a tea person. 

"I'm glad you like it." 

Clara set the cup and plate down on her lap and looked up to meet Gain's gaze, "I don't know if you've ever heard about me from Seungho but-" Clara smashed her lips together trying to construct words together, in order to tell Gain what she wanted her to know. But when Clara paused, even Gain's mind started to wonder. 

Her heart began racing. 

Knowing Seungho is a Gigolo and is still working as one, it was possible that his cilents would find her. Maybe to tell her off or to keep her away from Seungho; just like those characters in dramas. 

Clara sighed, "I came here today because I wanted to tell you something. Because as a woman who's been lied to and hurt by so many men I don't want you to be like that too. Especially when you can still prevent it." 

"I'm sorry but how are you related to Seungho?" Gain asked almost instantly, cutting her off. 

Clara was taken back by Gain's sudden interruption, but regained her composure with quickly to give the lass an answer. "Uh, you know he's a gigolo. Men are gigolos when women are hm, kept women. However, since I don't get pay for my service like a kept women, I'm boldly an assistant. Like a gigolo's assistant or scapegoat."

"Then....What exactly do you do?"

"Uh well I get rid of clingy women around our gigolos. Say, if a cilent's attachment to one particular gigolo is too strong then that's when I come in; I pretend to be the gigolo's girlfriend, wife, friend, you know anything and pull the gigolo from the current state." 

"So....You're here because I'm a cilent who's getting too attached with Seungho...?" 

Clara was about to say no but gave it some more thought, then she nodded quickly, "Yeah something like that. But it's not exactly that." 

"Why?" 

"Wh-? Well I was getting there...." Clara tried to explain when the atmosphere suddenly became awkward between the two women. 

Gain sighed a little, "Say it...." 

Clara didn't want to hurt Gain's feelings. She came there to prevent it in the first place, but she felt she had to spill it out now, even if she hurt Gain. "You see it's not like that. I know well enough that you and Seungho like each other, that this is not a one-sided relationship. But well...." Clara cocked her head to the side, "Seungho's dad is Yoo Jisub...." 

Jisub? 

Gain's eyes widen, "Y-you said Yoo....Yoo Jisub?" 

Clara stood up and set the coffee at the table as she moved to sit beside Gain, grabbing her hands in hers. "You won't hold anything against Seungho right...?" 

Gain shook her head in disbelief with watery eyes, "He can't be....He can't be his son...." 

Jaehyun opened the door with a heavy growl, "What do you-Oh! Seungho!" He exclaimed with wide eyes, Seungho looked up at the man's startled eyes. "W-why are you here?" Jaehyun stuttered. Seungho grew confuse at his friend's actions, but his curiousity was quickly killed when he saw Sarang come into sight behind Jaehyun. 

Jaehyun spun around and saw Sarang, he gasped a little then spun back to Seungho. "I-it's not like that! I c-can explain!" 

Seungho scoffed, "I'm not your lover, I don't need an explanation." 

Jaehyun sighed and scratch the back of his neck, "You won't tell Myungsoo right...?" 

Seungho folded his arms across his chest, "Yeah. I'll come back later." 

Jaehyun smiled, "Thank you friend! If you see Gain tell her I said hi! Okay? Bye!" Seungho gave him a short nod before spunning around and moving farther away from Jaehyun's house. Jaehyun shut the door and turned around to blow a breath of relieved air. "That was close, too close." 

Sarang flashed him a cheeky smile, "What's wrong with you?" 

Jaehyun moved away from the door, "I thought it was Myungsoo. Luckily it was only Seungho." As Jaehyun passed Sarang; he walk over to the bed and sat on it. Then he pat the spot beside him. "Let's continue where we left off." 

Sarang kept her smile and walked over. Jaehyun wrapped his arms around her waist as she bend down and her hands rested on his bony shoulders, she leaned over and kiss him gently. 

On the street Seungho wondered to kill time. Around the corner he bump into someone carrying five bouquets. The man grunted and dropped the flowers, from behind a woman's dangerous voice came shouting at him. "No, no, no, NO, NO! My flowers!" She cried. The young man apologized and squat down to pick them up. 

Seungho looked down at the lad then upward, there in front of him was Joongeum. She gasped once she saw his face. "Y-you, it's you-" She was at a loss for words. 

Seungho gave her a short bow. Joongeum was about to beat him when the younger who was still squatting started huffing and puffing. "Madam....How much longer do I have to carry these...?" He questioned. 

Joongeum look at Seungho then back at the younger, "Useless! Pick them up and hand them over to this guy! He'll carry them!" 

"Y-yes madam." The young man answered as he move to pick them up. Joongeum shot Seungho sharp gazes. 

"You, carry them and follow me." She commanded, then began walking away, her heels clicking against the cold cement. Seungho then squat in front of the lad and offered his arms out. 

"I'll take it." He said softly, the younger nodded and quickly hand them over. 

"Thank you."

Around Seungho were countless graves with expensive tombstones. On one hill he spotted Joongeum knealing in front of one grave. For the first time, she wasn't wearing a sweet or angry expression. Instead she appeared depress and lost in thoughts. 

With small even steps Seungho approached her from behind. When he got close enough for her to noticed him, she heaved a heavy sigh. "Put the flowers down." She said in a demanding yet gentlier voice. 

Seungho did as she command and placed the flowers beside her. At that moment he stole a glimpse of the tombstone. The name Han Hyunbin was imprinted on the headstone. 

He never met the lad. 

But he knew fairly well why the lad was buried four feet underground. 

Joongeum sighed, "Hyunbin....What would life be like if you were still alive? Your sisters....They really make me really, really mad.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter