[21]

Midnight Gigolo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It seemed forever as people shop around them. Seungho stood still in motion, still reaching for a pack of eggs, he looked down at the wet eyes of the woman, Yeonhee, in front of him. "It's been a long time....How have you been?" She asked him to break the ice between them. 

"If you've asked me that four years ago I would have said terrible, because I wanted you back." Seungho replied, causing her eyes to flicker a little. 

"Then-?"

"But now life can't get any better." 

Yeonhee smiled at him, "I see....I must have hurt you a lot in the past. I wanted to apologize-"

"The ones you should be apologizing to are my parents. Especially my mother who died after you took her kindness for granted and started an affair with my father." 

Yeonhee let out a soft scoff, "I know. I know that what I did back then was wrong. That's why I'm not asking for forgiveness because I know even a hundred years from now you probably won't forgive me. That's why I want to apologize so at least you know I'm still sorry." 

"What made you think I won't forgive you?" Seungho questioned, causing Yeonhee to become speechless. "Have you forgotten how I begged for you to give me a excuse, any excuse and I'll believe and forgive you right away?" 

Yeonhee broke their locked gaze first and lower her head, "I couldn't lie to you...." 

Seungho grabbed her by the wrist, keeping her from leaving, "I asked you to lie to me so why can't you? If you have cared about my feelings for you at all you could have lied then tell me the truth later. I would have endured everything." 

Yeonhee's eyes began to water, "You were too young then Seungho. You were still a minor and I didn't know how to deal with you. I'm sorry about your mother and your father. And especially to you, and though I didn't know how to deal with you at least I didn't want to hurt your feelings Seungho." 

"You're the only woman I had eyes on for five years Yeonhee. You knew I was willing to do anything for you back then!" 

"That's why! I knew! I knew how you felt and felt burdened the more I fall for your father. And even when I wanted to run back into your arms I couldn't! The death of your mother scared me!" 

Seungho's grip around her wrist began to loosen, "Then....Come back to me...." Yeonhee looked up at Seungho with shaking eyes. 

Gain heaved a heavy sigh as she watched the clock on the wall. "It's only two in the afternoon....What should I do for another ten hours?" She mumbled to herself. To kill time she did some detail cleaning around her home. She kept glancing over to the clock as time passes and after staring at the clock for too long she fell asleep sitting on the couch with her legs pulled inward toward her. 

Yeonhee had an arm around Seungho as they walk down the sidewalk together. In front of her house they came to a stop. She dropped her hands on her side as she faced Seungho with a wide, bright smile. "Go back, Jaebum might be inside." 

Seungho nodded, then took a step closer to her. He placed both hands on her cheek then leaned in to steal a kiss from her. Finally after some time he pulled away and smiled a little when Yeonhee still had her eyes closed. "Good night." He said. 

Yeonhee peeked a little at him and noticed he was already gone. She look around and saw him walking down the sidewalk. "Ah good night Seungho!" She shouted toward his direction, causing him to turn around, hands in pockets, and he smiled as he took a few steps walking backward. 

Seungho let out a sigh as smoke came out from his mouth in the breezy cold night. He wore a slight smiled as the corner of his lips were curved upward.

In front of Gain's door, Seungho was about to knock, but stop and reached for the doorknob instead, and to his surprise it was unlock. As he pushed his way in he noticed the top of Gain's head behind the couch. 

Seungho shut the door quietly and locked it, he walk over and noticed beside the sleeping Gain was the clock she had detached from the wall.

It read 10:23 PM. He look at the slow ticking clock then at Gain before squatting in front of her.

In front of his two eyes were Gain's head resting against her pale arms. 

"Were you waiting for me?" He asked quietly, once his breath touched her head, some of her hair moved in the direction he blew them. Then he was quiet for a long while, "Would you still wait for me if you know what I know? I guess I wasn't really destined to be your gigolo, but your prisoner." 

Gain budged a l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter