But...How...Why...

~Love Is Spelled as L.O.V.E~

Yunho played with his fingers by tapping aimlessly on the table. Paper works that were arranged in front of him ready to be examined but they received no attention from the owner. Instead he leaned his back to the chair and stared at the ceiling. He put his index finger on his lips and brushed the pouting lips unconsciously. Sometimes his eyes were seen to be a bit squinting. He definitely was in deep thought.

 

“Why I could only see you, Jaejoong-ahh…?” Yunho’s question was swept away by a sound of footsteps outside of his office. Even the sound of the footstep was sounded like Jaejoong’s voice for Yunho.

 

Yoochun that walks passed through Yunho’s office then moved backwards a couple of steps to take a glance on Yunho who behave weirdly. He shook his head when he failed to interpret what’s going to his best friend left to go to Changmin’s office.

 

“No…I will not approve this design. It has no identity at all. Do you think that we’re having a cheap sell at night market…? CHANGE IT!” Changmin was having a discussion with one of designers at that time noticed the appearance of Yoochun. Yoochun entered the office and took a seat at the couch ignored the intense situation at that time.

 

“Hyung…what’s wrong? Something is bothering you right now…?” Changmin asked gently contrasted with his attitude when handling the business just now. He’s back at the proposal files in front of him and clicking something on the keyboard with a serious mood.

 

“About Yunho…” Yoochun continued to think.

 

“Why…? Did he fire the workers again today…?” Changmin asked with his hand was typing expertly on the keyboard.

 

“That’s the problem. He did not fire anyone today…” Yoochun’s answer caused Changmin to chuckle.

 

“It’s good then. Why you’re so bothered with that…?” Changmin titled his head to look at the serious face of Yoochun.

 

“He did not fire anyone neither today nor yesterday. Because he seems like he was occupied with something else. I came from his office just now but what I saw is he’s soooo into the ceiling. Must be pretty haa that ceiling…?” Yoochun moved from his seat to Changmin’s table. Changmin stopped from what he was doing.

 

“Did he involve in any problem lately…?” Changmin asked Yoochun but Yoochun just shrugged.

 

“He’s being like that since he involved in that accident…Do you think that…somehow the accident affected his brain…?” Yoochun guessed but was slapped at his arm by Changmin.

 

“You’re thinking too much hyung. He’s perfectly fine…let’s go grab something to eat…” Changmin tapped Yoochun’s shoulder as he stood up ready to leave the office but then Yunho rushed entered into his office.

 

“Min…could you please take care of the company on my behalf. I need to go somewhere.” Yunho said and leave without waiting for Changmin’s answer. Both of them changed a glance to each other.

 

“He’s definitely involved in something.” Changmin said as he was dropped back to his seat.

 

“Mmm…Mmmm…”Yoochun agreed.

 

************************************************************************************

Jaejoong was searching the necklace to suit with his appearance and style that day in his accessories case when the cute box; a gift from Yunho appeared in front of his eyes. He opened it slowly with a smile plastered on his face. He pulled the earring out from its place and put it on his ear. The note attached to the gift revealed from inside.

 

“I can’t give a call but maybe by texting message…?” He grabbed his phone and flipped it open.

 

~Yunho-shi…thanks for the gift…I really love it…~

 

But then he deleted the text written after thinking twice.

 

 

*Jaejoong’s POV

It’s not that I don’t want to send a message or what…I’ve done that before to other people. But they will still calling me because they can’t get enough from me…I ended up not answer the call and broke their heart. They said that I was a player or thinking that I’m perfect till I dare to treat them like that. But actually, they’re the one who think that I’m so perfect. I knew exactly who I am and I’m not in the right to demand on anything.

 

“It’s better to act like this then giving him any hope. He’s a good person from what I’ve seen” He continued to pack back the case as well as the note. He put his phone aside but forgot to take off the earrings he wore.

 

“Excuse me! Is there anyone here?” He heard someone calling from outside. He stood up immediately to go entertain his customer. He was left alone at the boutique while Junsu went out to buy groceries.

*************************************************************************************

Yunho was on his way driving his new car bought by Changmin. No matter how expensive and luxurious the car is, he doesn’t bother to know at all as his mind was no longer at his good stage since the day he met with Jaejoong. All he can hear is the voice of Jaejoong that was like calling for him. The voice was like a drug that poisoned his mind slowly but the thing is that, no matter how dangerous it was, Yunho allowed it to be. And the face of Jaejoong’s smiling kept on coming flash by flash into Yunho’s mind. By thinking of him, Yunho failed to know how to breathe properly. It suffocated him each time but still Yunho was addicted to it. At least the version of Jaejoong he saw was not in black and white and neither grey. He can see the fair Jaejoong smiling with a tint of original pink color on his cheek.

 

“If I go and meet him, what should I say to him…? Oh hye the truth is, I’m a color blind but when I met you it was like I’m automatically healed. Aish…He must assume that I’m crazy…” Yunho ruffled his hair still thinking a way to start a conversation without Jaejoong feeling uncomfortable or suspicious.

 

“Hye…do you still remember me…? I don’t know why I’m here but maybe because I was attracted to you already…AISHHH!!! I feel like I’m a erted man.” Yunho was still practicing his line in his car; totally can’t hide the feeling of nervousness.

 

“Owh Jaejoong’s-shi we meet again. It’s like we’re destined to bump with each other right…? AISHH…JUNG YUNHO! WHAT THE HELL! He gave you the address and you want to say that both of you destined to meet each other!” He knocked his head lightly on the steering feeling so idiot to come out with that sentence.

 

“Maybe I could prepare a bouquet of flower…?” The idea popped up into his head when he saw the florist on his way to the ECNELIS.

 

“I think that’s the best thing for now.” He stopped by the florist and stepped outside the car; still in his working outfit and looking so perfect.

 

The worker came and greeted him as she was introduced the best flower to him. But Yunho just standing there. He was hiding the hurt feeling when he saw all the flowers in the shop.

 

“I can only see dead flowers.” That’s the truth. The florist that supposed to be decorated with colorful flowers for him was lifeless. He restrained the feeling to be spread around his heart and used his mind instead to decide.

 

He closed his eyes and the picture of Jaejoong came greeting him. He was so pure and flawless. The white pale color of Jaejoong’s skin, the cherry color of his lips and his dark black glistening eyes. He was decent and innocent but can’t easily be touch. Everything was perfect and it taunted Yunho for life. He can be described just like white lilies; flowers created from heaven.

 

“White lilies, please…” Yunho opened his eyes with a satisfaction smile. The worker leaves him to prepare the flowers asked. While doing so, Yunho wandered around to see others flower available.

 

 

*Yunho POV

I guess…it’s been a long time I did not go to any florist. Since that day, I’ll avoid any places that remind me to the colors as much as possible. Is it my fault if I’m behaving like this…? No one could understand my feeling. No matter how much I pretended to be like a normal person, there will always be something that prevents me from doing so. This is the only thing that I can do, to protect myself.

 

“Look at me right now. This is white. This black. Grey, white, black….” Yunho’s finger touched one flower to another just like he was counting how much color existed in his life. And obviously, nothing much.

 

“Black…white..black again…white again…grey…red, yellow, orange, red again…” He continued mentioning the color as he took steps further.

 

“R…Red again…?” Then he realized something was changed.

 

“Am I in a wonderland right now…?” He was asking himself as he turned back to see the dull color but the colorful surrounding was waiting for him ahead.

 

“T…This voice….” Someone was singing. And humming too.

 

“Jaejoong….!”

 

Yunho searched for that particular person among the flowers; the one that he has been dreaming lately. He followed the tune and reached to one corner when he can see someone was squatting in front of white roses. He was sniffing the roses’ smell while smiling. He took one rose and put it on the basket that he was holding on his right hand. He took another one and sniffed it then put it on the basket. Jaejoong didn’t notice Yunho presence as he was soo into the flowers. His long jacket touched the ground but he ignored it.

 

“So beautiful…” One word escaped from Yunho’s mouth. Aside from Jaejoong’s voice that he was hearing, he can hear the beat of his heart thumping extremely against his chest till its hurt. But his eyes can’t get enough of Jaejoong.

 

“Like I thought. It’s just a waste of time to prepare all those sentences to start the conversation with him. Because I’m speechless!” His heart was asking for him to move approached the beauty in front of him, played with his hair and feel the delicate touch of him. But his feet go against with his mind; rebel because all he knew is, his feet glued to the floor.

 

He brought his hand to touch the flower at his side and feel the smooth surface of the flower while his eyes can only see Jaejoong. His head seems to forget how to move to the left and to the right.

 

“AAAUUUCHHH!” Yunho’s high voice slipped from his mouth; screaming as his hand accidentally touched the torn of the roses. The torn between the roses indeed know how to hurt.

 

“Ahhh…IT’S HURT!” Yunho hissed as his other hand was holding at the bleeding finger. The worker in charged ran to check his condition.

 

“Ahh….Blood…it’s a lot…and…” Yunho felt dizzy and his head was spinning when he saw there’s quite a lot blood sprinting out of his finger. If it’s before, he has no feeling at all seeing the blood but now, it did affect him.

 

“It’s…red…”

 

Yunho fainted unexpectedly. Can’t blame him either because it’s been a long time he did not see the color of red when he’s bleeding and perhaps he’s already forgotten what color the blood is. As he fainted, Yunho fall comfortably-in Jaejoong’s arm. Jaejoong caught him within time and now Yunho’s head placed on Jaejoong’s laps. And due to Yunho’s condition, the owner of the florist had to close their shop to avoid the chaos arose.

 

“Yunho-shi…” Jaejoong wiped off the beads of sweat on Yunho’s forehead with the back of his hand. He then pulled out his hand-made handkerchief and wrapped Yunho’s finger carefully. He let out a chuckle and shook his head lightly.

 

“I thought you’re so strong…” Jaejoong was talking to himself. He laid his eyes on Yunho’s small face and examined every inch of Yunho’s face. He ran his finger through Yunho’s hair and waiting for Yunho to wake up.

 

“Is he okay…?” The owner of florist asked Jaejoong and Jaejoong gave him a light nod.

 

“Probably he was surprised to see the most beautiful flower among all the flowers here. But unfortunately, that flower cannot was not for sale…” The owner of the shop shook his head and smiled. Jaejoong frowned as he was unable to understand what that middle age man talking about.

 

“Jaejoong-ahh…are you with someone right now…?” He asked Jaejoong again.

 

Jaejoong don’t know why that uncle asked him but he answered it anyway by shaking his head. Jaejoong is a loyal customer for that florist. Jaejoong will always come and buy couple of bouquet of flowers to be served in his boutique. He loved to decorate his boutique and make his boutique lively. But the problem is that, Jaejoong won’t go out to the place he wasn’t comfortable with. He hates to be judge by people. However, Jaejoong loved to go to that florist as they are aware with Jaejoong’s condition and that’s why they treated Jaejoong nicely. They will make sure Jaejoong feeling comfortable and safe.

 

“Jaejoong-shi…” Yunho stirred and mumbled as he glances up through open eyes, only to be greeted by Jaejoong’s face staring at him. Jaejoong pulled his nicely treated finger and show it to him.

 

“I hope you don’t mind. I wrapped your bleeding finger with my handkerchief…” Jaejoong was speaking to Yunho but no voice coming out from his throat. He sighed when he realized that he can’t talk. But he really wants to talk with Yunho.

 

“Thanks. This is the second time you used your handkerchief…” Yunho answered him as he lifted his finger up to the air and grinned idiotically at his finger.

 

“It’s…just a handkerchief….” Jaejoong let out his odd feeling when seeing how happy Yunho was just by seeing the handkerchief covered his finger.

 

“I know…But it has your name on it, your smell…” Yunho answered bluntly forgot with whom he was talking too. And yes, Yunho knew that the handkerchief was engraved with Jaejoong’s name. He wasn’t realized how much he paid attention on everything that related to Jaejoong since the last time they met.

 

“Seriously…did you hear what I’m talking…?” Jaejoong’s heart built with an unsatisfied feeling. He thought that it’s his imagination when Yunho can hear what he was talking. He assumed that maybe it’s because of him that really wants his feeling to be voiced out and be heard. Jaejoong now demand for answer from Yunho.

 

“Of course I am…” Yunho answered and being ignorance on how the answer means a lot to Jaejoong. He’s still lying on Jaejoong’s laps. But neither both of them realized it as they were occupied with something else that more important. If passerby seeing their condition right now, they must think that both of them is a couple.

 

“But I’m not talking…! Can’t you see?!!” Jaejoong was so pissed off. He can’t deny the possibility that maybe Yunho just play a prank with him. Yunho lifted his head to have a better view of Jaejoong. He raised his head closer to Jaejoong’s face leaving an inch in between as a separation. Jaejoong blushed madly as his heart fluttered.

 

“But I heard your voice…every single of them…” Jaejoong can see through Yunho’s eyes that he was talking the truth.

 

“I don’t know who are you exactly…what…are you some kind of psychic…? I don’t care who you are…just…could please wake up…? My legs feeling numbs right now…” Jaejoong pointed at his legs where Yunho was using it as a cushion.

 

Yunho looked down and he noticed that he was lying on Jaejoong’s laps just now. He let out a nervous laugh as his face flushed into a red one feeling embarrassed. He can’t raise his head but moved his body away slowly. Jaejoong stood up and tried to walk away from Yunho. But his legs were definitely numb and wobbled as a result of it and instead of walking away, he was dropped into Yunho’s embrace. Yunho caught him at his waist while Jaejoong was hugging Yunho as his neck. Both of them fall in silence.

 

“C…Can I stay like this…a little more while….? My l…legs…” Jaejoong was stuttered asking permission from Yunho and Yunho just nodded. Thus, they were staying in that position for about 15 minutes more; Jaejoong was in his knees with his arms circling Yunho’s neck. And Yunho in his sitting position with Jaejoong’s knees in between, hugging Jaejoong on the waist.

“Yunho-shi…how can you hear my voice when I’m not talking…?” Jaejoong stole some time to ask the question and he was hoping that he could hear an honest view from Yunho.

 

“I wish that I have the answer for your question, Jaejoong-shi. I don’t know how to explain, but I could only hear your voice till I’m not sure whether it is coming from your mouth or not.” Yunho found a comfortable place to rest his chin; that is on Jaejoong’s shoulder. He tightened the hug on Jaejoong’s waist to have a better position. Jaejoong stiffened because of the movement.

 

“Why you’re not giving me a call, Jaejoong-shi…?” Yunho then asked Jaejoong in return. The question that played repeatedly in his mind lately that almost causes him to be crazy.

“I can’t….because…I’m mute….” Jaejoong closed his eyes tightly, afraid of what will he received from Yunho. He was afraid that he will lose the warmness coming from Yunho’s body in a matter of second. He can’t tell how and why but he felt so safe in Yunho’s embrace. But instead of rejection, Jaejoong heard Yunho chuckled.

 

“Then answer my question…do you have any gift such as could heal any sickness or disease maybe….?” Jaejoong was wondering why Yunho asked him that question in a sudden. He thought that Yunho will not believe in what he was saying just now.

 

“I wish I could have that gift…so that I can heal myself from being a mute…I’m dying to let people understand what I feel and talking to people like a normal one would do…I want to let out a laugh when I think it’s funny or screaming when it’s so scared.” A pool of tears created on Jaejoong’s big eyes. The hug on Yunho was tightened; searching for protection.

 

“Then why when I’m with you I can see how beautiful this world is, when I’m with you I can see so many color surrounded me while I was accompanied with nothing but dull lifeless color when I’m alone. My ordinary life is like watching an old film….” Yunho let out a fake laugh when thinking how boring his life could be.

 

“I don’t understand…”

 

“The explosion caused my eyes to be color blind. It’s better for me to be just blind then suffering like this. But then I think, if I blind…I wouldn’t be able to see how beautiful Kim Jaejoong is…”Jaejoong released the hug on Yunho’s neck slowly and changed into a sitting position facing Yunho’s stiffly smiling face.

 

Then both of them chuckled and laughing in unison. And of course, the angelic voice of Jaejoong could only be heard by Yunho.

 

How weird the love spell works on people. Both of them have different kind of history but were united in a simple meeting. Jaejoong built the wall to separate himself from outsiders as he afraid if people will take an advantage on his condition. He lived in his own sanctuary trying to gain back his self-esteem. Meanwhile Yunho being a cold and hot tempered one as he wanted to hide how weak he actually is. His condition prevented himself to differentiate the colors in this world and automatically blocked himself from judging which one is good and which one is bad. For him, everything can turned into bad in his situation.

*********************************************************