"The Uninvited Guest"

~Love Is Spelled as L.O.V.E~

It was late at night but Changmin’s the only who is still awake. He’s already on his bed; leaning against the board getting ready to sleep. The Comforter was covering up to his waist. He sighed heavily.

 

He was staring at the phone screen for an hour. He’s battling whether or not to call Kibum. He sighed again. While resting his back; his eyes seems couldn’t leave the ceiling.

 

*Flashback

 

A boy aged 10 years old was hiding behind their father. He and Yunho were pushing each other just to meet that shy boy.

 

“Yunho-ah…Changminnie…this is the son of my friend; Kim Kibum…he’s from States and they will be staying here for 3 days...”Mr. Jung introduced the little boy to them.

 

Both of Yunho and Changmin were waiting for him to come out from behind Mr. Jung’s back. Kibum took a peek at them for a second before hiding again. Mr. Jung laughed upon Kibum’s cuteness.

 

“Come on Kibum…don’t be so shy…”

 

Kibum took another peek and this time; it last a bit longer than before. Yunho and Changmin waved friendly at him. Kibum then smiled; showing his lined up bright white teeth instantly. Yunho gawked. Changmin’s heart literally skipped a bit.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo…I’m kIbum…”Kibum bowed 90 degrees towards them…”

 

“Appa…can he speak Korean…?”Yunho asked innocently. For him; Kibum’s pronunciation sounded a bit weird like he was training to say that.

 

“It’s time for you two to use these then…”Mr. Jung passed them a dictionary to each one of them. Yunho and Changmin gasped.

 

*Flashback End

 

Changmin laughed as he recalled the first day they met. They thought that their father was joking but it ended up being the truth. Changmin laughed again when he remembers how hard for them to make a conversation with Kibum. Everytime they wanted to say something; they had to check on the dictionary first.

 

Like what Mr. Jung said; Kibum’s family stayed there for 3 days. They met again 7 years later when Changmin’s celebrating his 18 birthday. They both grown up to be the finest man. At that time Changmin’s already able to speak English fluently and the same thing goes to Kibum.

 

Ive already mastered Korean language…”was what Kibum said to him when he surprised Changmin by speaking Korean fluently.

 

Changmin took a deep breath and faced his phone screen. He’s obviously missing Kibum like crazy to go through the memory lane in the middle of the night.

 

He pressed on a specific number and speed dialing.

 

“Yunho?! Yunho…? Is that you…?!”

 

“Yunho…?! Is that really you…?!”

 

Changmin’s intention was distracted with the voice of Jaejoong; calling for Yunho’s name. It’s barely heard; faint. It most probably because his room which he occupied now situated next to Jaejoong’s room; he heard it still.

 

Changmin cancelled the call and put it on the bed. He got out of his bed and ran towards the next room. He knocked and knocked but there’s no answer.

 

“Hyung…? What’s wrong…?!”Changmin slammed the door open; intruded the owner of the room.

 

 “You had a bad dream, hyung…?”Changmin’s voice softened.

 

“I’ve received so many calls from an unknown number…I thought it’s Yunho…”

 

“Then who…?”

 

“I don’t know…He or she’s not talking…”Changmin stepped forward and asked for Jaejoong’s phone. Jaejoong handed it to Changmin.

 

“These are not international numbers…”Changmin said after he checked it.

 

“Maybe Yunho’s in Seoul already…? Who knows…”Jaejoong came up with an excuse; mostly for himself.

 

“It’s maybe just a prank…do you want to change your phone number; hyung…? I can get it for you tomorrow…”

 

“NO! Yunho might call me! There’s no need…there’s no need…”Jaejoong took back the phone and hugged it closed to his chest like it was the dearest item.

 

“I’m sorry if I wake you up…”Jaejoong apologized.

 

“It’s okay…I’m not sleeping yet…”

 

“You can’t sleep, Changminnie…?”

 

Changmin just shrugged. He couldn’t tell Jaejoong about the whole Kibum thing. Changmin was known for his huge ego. It’s all because he wanted to keep his pride on; he couldn’t stop Kibum or at least try to have a talk with Kibum.

 

“Cheese cake sound good to you…?”

 

Changmin arched his eyebrows upon Jaejoong’s sudden suggestion.

 

“The last thing I remember, there’s no cheese cake available in this house, hyung…”

 

Jaejoong smirked. He pulled the blanket out of his legs and got up.

 

“If you’re willing to wait; I can make it…”

 

“At 3.15 in the morning…?!”Changmin ran after Jaejoong.

 

“I’m used to it already…”Jaejoong then pulled a sudden break in the midst of his walking. He caused Changmin almost bump him from the back. He faced Changmin.

 

“Please don’t let Junsu know about this…”Jaejoong put his index finger against his own lips and winked.

 

“I don’t hear it wrong right…?”

 

Jaejoong nodded.

 

“You’re serious…”Changmin doubled up his speed; trying hard to catch up Jaejoong’s pace.

 

Jaejoong nodded again.

 

“If Yunho hyung knew about this…that I just let you do this…I’m gonna be dead…”Changmin couldn’t stop complaining that he earned a light chuckle from Jaejoong.

 

“I think I better start preparing some rebuttal if let say Yunho hyung going to attack me with some tricky questions…”

 

“Oh come on…don’t make it such a big deal…besides; HE should be the one to be blamed…I can’t sleep because of him…HE made me do this…”Jaejoong shouted from the kitchen.

 

“It does make sense…”Changmin admitted after making some evaluations.

**************************

Changmin has been staying at Jaejoong’s house for almost one week now. They became even more closer and their relationship becoming even more stronger. Jaejoong spoiled Changmin too much and because of that Changmin doesn’t longer feel embarrassed to show his other side.

 

Both of them shared one thing in common that is in reading. One after one book they finished and sometimes it’s done in one day or even read two books in one day. They developed a routine of their daily lives together.

 

The one familiar expensive car entered the garage of Jaejoong’s house lot. Changmin came out while carrying one big paper bag.

 

“Hyung! I’m home…!” Changmin took out his shoes and lined up on the shoe rack before walking in.

 

“Hyung…?!”

 

“Yes Changminnie…! I heard you…I’m in the kitchen…!”

 

Changmin head straight to the living room and began took out the content of the paper bag one by one.

 

“Did you find the book I want…?”Jaejoong sneak a peek from the kitchen with the mitten still on.

 

“Yeah…and I even bought the whole series…it’s hard to find the complete series so I bought since they’re available…”Changmin’s checking the title of the book one by one. Jaejoong’s really into the Nora Roberts’novels. The last one he read is “ in Death”.Normally; both of them took turn to read.  

 

“Really…? Thanks…!”

 

Jaejoong came out when he finished with the works in the kitchen. He brought along the glass of fresh juice and handed to Changmin.

 

“Wow…you sure bought a lot Changmin-ah…”Changmin nodded as he’s gulp down the juice.

 

“owh Changmin-ah…I think there’s someone has been following me from the market…”

 

“Again…?”Changmin wasn’t satisfied. He felt like something’s wrong going on.

 

“Weren’t you driving this time…?”

 

“It’s true…but still…”Jaejoong spoke with a calm voice because it never occurred to him that it might be bad.

 

“Do you think it’s Yunho…?”Jaejoong asked for Changmin’s opinion.

 

“What makes you think like that…?”

 

“I don’t know…I’ve received so many mysterious calls…someone’s following…only Yunho comes to my mind…”Changmin stared at Jaejoong suspiciously.

 

*Changmin’s POV

 

I wondered how Jaejoong hyung could just talk about it like it doesn’t bother him. I knew something is up; something that is out of our knowledge. I could see that the calls weren’t just a simple prank and definitely not Yunho hyung who made that calls. I mean; it’s not like Yunho hyung suddenly wanted to creep out Jaejoong hyung with those mysterious calls; the one he would die for.

 

“Don’t you think the same thing too…?”He smiled innocently at me. He offered me a plate of chocolate strawberries while eating it one.

 

“Well…maybe you’re right…”I smiled back at him.

 

“Of course I was right…there’s so many times I feels like he was just right beside me…like he was standing close to me…even though I can’t see him…” 

 

I can’t let him know that he might be stalked by some erted people. He was so assured that itsYunho hyung. I noticed the changes in him. The first two days when I’m staying in this house; he’s always keep his hand phone closed to him…like he’s expecting the call from someone.

 

There’s even the times when I called him; he lost in his trance and spacing out. He even worried for the simplest and tiny little thing. He’s so obsessed to keep everything in order.

 

But almost recently; the old Jaejoong hyung is back. He smiled a lot and no longer frowning. He woke up in the middle of the night; still…but it just for getting a glass of water and nothing more.

 

I’m glad that he’s fine now but somehow I’m still worry about him. That’s why when Jaejoong hyung’s focusing on something else; I grabbed his phone and jot down every unknown numbers. I have to be cautious. Jaejoong hyung is my hyung too and I can’t let something bad happened to him.

 

**************************

The rain pouring down heavily and it seems like it has no end. Jaejoong was sitting next to the window for almost hours. The sound of the rain falling down; soothing his heart in its own way.  

 

He pulled up the legs up to his chest while flipping the page of his novel. He was so engrossed in reading the book when Changmin placed a cup of coffee in front of him.

 

“Thanks…”Jaejoong brought along his novel together with the coffee Changmin gave to him just now; retracing Changmin’s trails to the living room.

 

Changmin rested his long slim legs on the coffee table as he slammed his back on the comfy sofa. Jaejoong came and pushed Changmin’s legs down so that he can pass though.

 

Jaejoong placed the cup on the table and settled down next to Changmin. Both of them then continued with the reading. Once in a while; they extended their hand to grab the orange slices or to sip the coffee.

 

“HYUNG!!!!! JAEJOONG HYUNG~! YOUR LOVELY DONGSAENG IS HERE!!”

 

Jaejoong and Changmin exchanged glances. They heard the sound of someone’s running and screaming at the same time.

 

“It’s Junsu…”Jaejoong said and he was right. Junsu ran childishly while carrying two paper bags contained Chinese foods but stop abruptly in the midst of his running when he saw Changmin.

 

“YOU! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!”Junsu pointed at Changmin with his index finger.

 

“Changminnie? What are you doing here…? You said that you wanted to consult your therapist…?”Yoochun appeared from behind Junsu; looking as surprised as Junsu.

 

“This is my therapist…”Changmin pointed at Jaejoong mentioning in a slumber tone. Jaejoong waved his hand at Yoochun.

 

“I thought you took a month leave to go after Kibum…”Yoochun asked again.

 

“What for…?”Changmin replied then back to his book.

 

“YAHHH!! YOU JUST WANNA TAKE ADVANTAGE UPON JAEJOONG’S HYUNG CONDITION DON’T YOU?!!”Junsu screamed hysterically and almost attacked Changmin but Yoochun stopped prevented him from doing so.

 

“YOU!!! GO FIND YOUR WIFEY!!!! AND GET AWAY FROM MY HYUNG!!!”Junsu yelled again but Changmin just ignored him.

 

“Jaejoong hyung~!”Junsu stomped his feet on the ground like a little kid.

 

“Oh come on Junsu-ah…Changmin is my dongsaeng too…”Jaejoong arose from his seat and went to hug Junsu. Yoochun took the food away from Junsu and put it on the table

 

“You’re lucky that we have 4 servings, Changmin-ah…that auntie insisted to give us 1 free…”Yoochun looked at Changmin and remembered about the text message Changmin sent to him.

 

“Aah..You said you wanna talk to me about something. Changmin-ah…”Yoochun asked the youngest in whispering tone.

 

“That…”Changmin looked at two siblings who just united and motioned to Yoochun to follow him somewhere.

 

When they’re assured that they’re far from Jaejoong and Junsu; Changmin took out a piece of paper from his pocket.

 

“Hyung…I suspected that Jaejoong hyung is stalked…”Changmin opened up the paper and handed it to Yoochun.

 

“Really…? Are you sure…?”Yoochun browsed through the different numbers on the papers.

 

“I have a hunch that he’s being stalked. I want you to trace these numbers. Jaejoong hyung thought that itsYunho hyung and I don’t want him to worry…these numerous calls somehow gave him hopes that Yunho hyung is finally return…we have to teach that bastard that he messed up with the wrong person…”Changmin curled his hand into fist like he’s ready to punch someone.

 

“About Yunho…he’s not in Seoul yet…he’s in Japan…”Yoochun informed.

 

“How did you know…?”Changmin surprised but at the same time excited.

 

“Our client told me that he met Yunho at Osaka…”

 

“Did he tell when he will come back…?”Changmin grabbed Yoochun’s arm in a sudden.

 

“Nothing about that…Our client said when he met Yunho; Yunho’s in rush to go somewhere so they didn’t talk much…”Changmin released the grasp; feeling upset evidenced on his face.

 

“I thought I know Yunho hyung very much but now I don’t even understand him…What the hell exactly is he doing…?”

 

“Yoochun-ah! Changmin-ah! Come…eat!”Jaejoong called for them. Yoochun hurriedly hide the paper into his jacket.

 

“Please hyung…as fast as you could…”Changmin reminded Yoochun for the last time.

 

Both of them walked back to the living room; pretending like they’re talking about works.

**************************

*At night

 

Jaejoong was already in slumber deep. Junsu accompanied him as they talked and shared about everything until Jaejoong fell asleep. Only then Junsu leave Jaejoong alone in his room.

 

In the middle of the night; when all the lights were turn off, the door knob of Jaejoong’s room cautiously twisted. He walked without making any noise and stopped when he’s at the edge of Jaejoong’s bed.

 

He stared at the sleeping Jaejoong without making a single move for a while before making his way towards the window pane next.

 

He looked back at the sleeping Jaejoong; checking his condition. He then opened up the window hugely but slowly; letting the cold breeze wind sneaked into. He walked back but this time closer to Jaejoong. He bent down and kissed Jaejoong on his forehead.  

 

Jaejoong’s eye lids twitched. He was disturbed from his sleep because of the cold that almost freeze him silently to death. Jaejoong pondered after he saw the opened window.

 

He always makes sure that everything is locked before he went to bed. He even checked it twice and thrice just to make sure.

 

“Did I forget to close the window…?”He pondered.

 

He brushed off the thought. He woke up and closed the window and this time he makes sure that it’s locked.

 

“Or did someone come in?”He thought again. He had this flash of someone kissed him on the forehead and instantly had a goose bump. He rubbed both of his arms to discards such feeling.

 

Jajeoong then collected his stuffs and went to Junsu’s room. Not long after that; someone’s coming out from the bathroom and got out from Jaejoong’s room.

 

***********************

 

AshuraYu > hahaha...well normally it does, right...when two single people stay along together...there must something happened in between them...but i think Changmin is still missing Kibum...staying with Jaejoong is just an excuse...thanks for reading!

soyoung > It's true...it's such a long time for Yunho to leave Jaejoong..but he's planning something...of course he suffers too...^^ thanks for reaing!

MiszCJung > you're totally right...they both need the company...it's good too, because sometime you can't predict or even control yourself from doing something crazy...thanks for reading!

catzchii > yunjae will be together soon...don't worry...and thanks for your concern...i really appreaciate it..^^  and Changmin did a good job by being Jaejoong's bestfriend as well as dongsaeng....thanks for reading!

SummerSky > it's true...poor JJ...he's really suffered..a lot...waiting is not easy...thanks for reading!

byul_mi > hi my dear reader...^^ yes...JJ is really hoping that it was Yunho...but changminnie appeared instead...Yun will return to him when he think it's the right time to do so...after all what happened to them; Yunho just giving JJ a chance to taste a life without him...but not for too long...thanks for reading ^^ !

msdorky > they enjoyed living together...it's a new life for Jaejoong to live with the coll Changmin compared to childish lovable Junsu...hehe...thanks for reading!

Mistral > i couldn't agree no more with what you just said...it's true; what he did to Jaejoong may seems like really cruel...but then; he felt really responsible for what Jaejoong went through...so many things happened...it's good to be together; but it's really hard for Jaejoong to do so...don't worry...they will resolve about it when they meet again...thanks for reading... ^^

Purplezest > yes..he is going insane if not because of Changmin's appearance...he saved Jaejoong from doing something stupid and suffers alone...thanks for reading!

chu_david > yes..both of their lovers have left them for two different reason...Kibum did that to teach Changmin abotu soemthing...about how to deal something by putting his ego aside...^^ thanks for reading!

************************

THANKS~!

LOVE YUNJAE, LOVE DBSK 5 FOREVER...!