Rhythms in My Heart

~Love Is Spelled as L.O.V.E~

~The bravest are the tenderness. The loving are the daring~

 

“I’m so lucky~~ I have a gorgeous brother and he is a perfect human being I’ve ever seen.” A happy go-lucky young college boy was talking to his friends with an interesting topic.

 

“He’s your brother…Of course you would praise him and tell us that he’s the best…” His friends replied but he just smiled brightly.

 

“No…you don’t meet him yet. If you’ve met him, you will take back your last sentence…”He threw his sling back on his shoulder and smiled dreamingly.

 

“He has an angelic voice and he will always sing a song to me no matter how busy he was….” Everyone was glancing to each other; feeling urge to me that special guy as soon as possible.

 

“His voice…is like the rhythm in my heart…..”

 

“Junsu-shi…!”

 

An older guy was calling him and when he turned around he saw his driver together with a personal assistant that hold an important position in managing his daily life as prescribed by his brother. They came to fetch him from his college trip as he was already completed his course.
 

*************************************************************************************

*THUMP!!!

 

Junsu dropped his bag to the floor speechless. He was standing in front of the room; the room that belongs to his brother. He saw his brother was leaning on the head board with the blanket covered half of his body up to the waist.

 

“He’s been like this for a week as soon as he was discharged from the hospital. And I guess watching the scenery through that window became his official habit.” His personal assistant; Junki mentioned to him. He’s been gone just for a week and everything turned to be like that.

 

“Junsu-shi…?” Junki was calling Junsu’s name when he got no response from that man. The tears were slowly rolling out from his eyes to his cheek. He was crying silently.

 

Junsu walked away weakly towards the kitchen. He was preparing a favorite food for his brother.

 

“Emm…My Junsu is an expert in cooking. It’s so delicious!” His brother gave him an honest compliment.

 

“Hyung~~~ I just know how to cook this menu only…” Junsu answered when he showed his new skill to his brother. He still remembered those conversations and it ripped his heart apart.

 

“So…no more praises coming out from his mouth after this…?” The sorrow came uninvited embraced the whole of his body.

 

He brought his special handmade food prepared in the tray to his brother with his teary eyes. He flopped his onto his brother’s bed and shook him gently with a spoon in his hand; ready to feed the pale man. He turned to the other side for a while looking at the delicious food and to his brother that fake a smile to him. He changed back his eyes to watch the scenery outside of the window.

 

“Jae Hyung….I’m making…this specially for…you…” Junsu muffled within his tears. One tears fall down into the tray followed by another. And it continued like that as he was sobbing can’t bear to look at his hopeless brother that used to be a cheerful one.

 

“Junki hyung…” Junsu walked approaching the loyal assistant standing at the door patiently.

 

“Find me an expert teacher to teach us the sign language. If possible, the one that can make me master the language within a week…” Junsu ordered Junki.

 

“A week…? That’s impossible Junsu-shi….” Junki understand the feeling of Junsu in order to help Jaejoong but it sounds so impossible to make it happen because the sign language is not that easy.

 

“Then make it possible. A week is long enough for me to wait…I can’t stand to see him in this condition…please~~~ I’m begging you....” Junsu was kneeling in front of Junki now to show how serious he was. Junki was taken aback with Junsu’s action.

 

“J…Junsu-shi…” The maids that were watching the whole scene could not give up a chance to cry. Jaejoong took a glimpse at his was already kneeling brother. But not emotion seems able to move his heart as he was already trapped in deep despair and deprivation.

 

“But what if…he refused…?” Junki asked again.

 

“That’s my problems to settle…” Junsu stood up and walked to the grand piano that was placed at a corner of the room. He was so determined to bring back Jaejoong to life.

 

His finger pressed a key. Jaejoong snapped his eyes open. Junsu then moved all his fingers in dancing on the specific keys as they changed into the beautiful notes and melody.

 

~The loneliness of nights alone
the search for strength to carry on
my every hope has seemed to die
my eyes had no more tears to cry
then like the sun shining up above
you surrounded me with your endless love
Coz all the things I couldn't see are now so clear to me…….~

 

Junsu sing a song full heartedly with his powerful angelic voice. His voice was powerful enough to compete with Jaejoong. They both were gifted with the uniqueness in their voice that can put every heart at ease. Jaejoong’s eyes were glistening with the tears rolling out from the big pretty eyes. Jaejoong was crying as his heart was tearing apart to look at Junsu. Will he able to protect the childish Junsu if he can’t even take care of himself?

 

“Hyung-ahh….” Junsu ran towards the crying Jaejoong. Jaejoong can’t hold back his tears. No words coming out from his mouth because he unable to. It hurts him the most. Junsu embraced the trembling and shaking Jaejoong.

 

“Please hyung…stop crying…” But even he himself can’t stop the tears from rolling out from his own eyes.

 

“I can’t live without hearing your voice…but…I’ll dead without you by my side as my brother that I used to be with….” Junsu used his thumbs to wipe off the line of Jaejoong’s tears.

 

He knew his words were useless but he can’t do anything to comfort Jaejoong. Jaejoong pulled the drawer next to the bed and it revealed a tiny book and a pen that usually he used it for the purpose of writing the song.

 

“I can’t protect you anymore, Junsu…Forgive me…” Junsu read what was written by Jaejoong.

 

“And let me be the one who protect you right now…” Junsu replied as he hugged Jaejoong even tight.

 

“And let me be the one…to sing you a song…right now…like you used to…” Jaejoong closed his eyes to swallow all the painful feeling. The feeling that can never be voiced out no matter how much he tried.

*************************************************************************************

*Present time

Junsu was walking back and forth in front of a boutique ECNELIS; the one that they came out the idea together. Jaejoong might lose his voice but like Junsu always said, Jaejoong was a perfect human being. Jaejoong has a special skill to be a designer as he loved to design. Can’t blame him when he used to be an expert in fashion when he was a famous singer.

 

“Where is Jae hyung…? He’s being gone for too long already. Did something happen to him…?” Junsu bit his lips to endure the uneasy feeling throbbing in his heart.

 

Jaejoong arrived in front of boutique brought together with him the shopping bags contained the cloth material. Junsu jumped up the stairs to get to Jaejoong. He then checked every part of Jaejoong’s body to make sure nothing happened to him.

 

“OWhh GOD! You’re killing me, hyung. I thought something happened to you…” Junsu said and grabbed the shopping bags from Jaejoong’s hand to help him.

 

“I’m okay…just a little accident on my way…” Jaejoong replied moved his hand around in sign language.

 

“Glad you’re okay. WHAT!!! AN ACCIDENT!!!” Junsu screamed frantically and Jaejoong covered his ears with his hands.

 

“Not me…but I caused an accident to someone else…I think…” Jaejoong answered innocently when they entered into the boutique.

 

“WHAT!!! NO…!NOT AGAIN!!! Hyung~~~” Junsu screamed up to his lung and Jaejoong threw up the pillow that was seating on the couch to Junsu.

 

“I’m mute…not deaf!” Jaejoong rolled his eyes in annoyance. He sat at a table and hanged his chin on the table. He was thinking about something and his mind can’t escape from thinking about it.

 

‘How did he can hear what I’m saying…? Exactly what I’m saying…’ Jaejoong keep asking himself though he knew he doesn’t have the answer for it.

 

“Hyung…I’m worried to death you know. I’m just afraid if someone took an advantage from you. You’re beautiful and gorgeous.” Junsu pulled the seat and sat in opposite of Jaejoong. Jaejoong covered both of his ears doesn’t want to hear Junsu babbling the same thing all over again.

 

“hyung…I’m talking the truth. What if you met with the same guy last week? He almost…” Junsu sighed and Jaejoong was getting irritated with him. Junsu pulled Jaejoong’s hand from covering his ears.

 

“The last time I’m with you…but in the future…? You can’t even scream to ask for help…”

 

Jaejoong stood up abruptly and pushed his chair to the back harshly till it falls down with a loud ‘thud’. He moved to the back where he spends his time to cut the material and design a piece of plain cloth and changed it into the amazing one.

 

“Hyung…I’m so sorry…I didn’t mean to…” Junsu went after Jaejoong to the back when he realized that he’s not supposed to bring the sensitive issues up.

 

Jaejoong ignored him and took the shopping bag that was placed aside. He pulled up a long piece of cloth and spread it on the huge table in front of him. He brought the scissor to go through the piece and cut it in the middle with a clean cut.

 

“Hyung…I’m sorry…please forgive me…” Junsu brought the mannequin and place it beside Jaejoong and help him to match the piece together according the sketch made by Jaejoong.

 

‘The last time is an accident. I tried to forget about it but he brought it up again. I’m not that stupid to involve in the same thing twice…that stupid old man! I cursed you for the rest of your life!!!’ Jaejoong was talking to himself without no one can hear it. He’s now used to it already.

 

‘If I have the scissors with me at that time….I’ll cut him like this! LIKE THIS! AND THIS!!! HOW DARE YOU TOUCH MY BODY WITH YOUR FILTHY HANDS! YOU OLD BASTARD!!!’ Jaejoong was perspired with the grudge and he let it out by cutting the innocent cloth in his hand.

 

“O…OMO!!! Hyung….you…cut it wrong…” Junsu said while pointed to the cloth on the table with a pale face as he gulped down his saliva in fear.

 

“OMO!!! OH NO!! MY CLOTH!!!!” Jaejoong was crying over the cloth as he realized that he just ripped them apart.

 

“Hyung…are you angry that much at me…?” Junsu asked as he was staring at the non-guilty victim on the table.

 

“I just bought it~~~” Jaejoong hugged onto the silky cloth regretted with all his heart. He crumpled up the cloth to his chest helplessly.

 

“It’s okay…I’ll go buy the new one…” Junsu walked to the door lifeless as he thought that Jaejoong was really angry at him.

 

*DELIVERY!!!

 

A man shouted outside of their boutique. Junsu who was searching for his sweater and scarf, walking out to see what the delivery for.

 

“As far as I remember, we don’t make any order to be delivered here.” Junsu put his sweater away on the table and went to meet that guy. He signed it and the man gave him a little parcel contained a gift.

 

“It was addressed to Jae hyung…” Junsu read the card plastered on the box.

 

“Junsu…? You’re not going yet…? We need the material as soon as possible because the customer wants my collection this Thursday.” Jaejoong was talking to Junsu in sign language as soon as he tapped Junsu’ shoulder.

 

“It must be expensive…” Junsu gave it the gift to Jaejoong and Jaejoong accepted it while frowning.

 

“A pair of earring…and a ring…?” Jaejoong asked Junsu and Junsu shrugged not knowing.

 

“Like I guess it for sure the expensive one…” Junsu observed the earring and the ring. He put it on his ear to try it on while Jaejoong was looking for the sender’s name.

 

~Thanks for helping me today. You’re not leaving me your phone number so could you please give me a call…? ~

 

The note was attached with the sender’s phone number at the bottom of it. Junsu was scratching his head and he thought that it must be the wrong address. But Jaejoong knew straight away who the sender is.

 

‘It must be him because I never gave anyone my boutique address except for our customers.’ Jaejoong perceived the ring and the earring that was hanging in Junsu’s ear.

 

“Put it back” Jaejoong patted Junsu’s arm and shoved him the box asking for Junsu to put it back in. Junsu pouted in frustrated because he just want to try it. Jaejoong gave him his wallet and pointed the finger to the door.

 

‘He sure know how to light up my heart But I can’t accept this. I can’t even give him a call..’ Jaejoong sighed when he looked back at the note and the phone number.

 

“You’ll be here for now until I return you back to your owner…” Jaejoong save the box into a case where he kept his personal items.

*************************************************************************************

Yunho was not being able to stay fit. Just like a husband’s waiting for his wife in the labor room; waiting to her the voice of his child crying. He took a seat but it will not last longer because he will stand up again and walked back and forth just like he was waiting for someone.

 

“Where is he…? Why he did not give me a call…?” Yunho muttered alone as his hand was gripping on the phone tightly not intend to let it go.

 

“Call me, Jaejoong-shi…I’m waiting…” Yunho was staring at his phone’s screen waiting for it to blink; for incoming call. He knocked his head lightly feeling curious. He then brushed off the back of his hair and scratched it a bit.

 

“I’ll call the shop…” He dialed a number and waiting for the other line to pick up.

 

“Did you send it already…? Did you send it to the right person?” He then sighed heavily when he received the answer ‘yes’ from owner of the shop.

 

“Then why he’s not calling me yet…?” Yunho was so occupied with his assumption and anxiously want to hear the melodious voice again.

 


But unknown to him, it was the rhythm in Jaejoong’s heart he was hearing. The rhythm of a sweet voice with no one could hear it for so long. The rhythm of tears that was asking to be heard, the rhythm of happiness that was asking to be shared.

************************************************************