Break the Shell

~Love Is Spelled as L.O.V.E~

~Take a first move and you’ll know the meaning of learning~

 

Yunho was standing with a blank face in front of his huge wardrobe. No feeling expressed just….BLANK. Everything looks much the same to him. Just…BLACK AND WHITE…It’s like watching an old film. Not much color involved though everyone knew it would be different if it was behind the scene. But to Yunho no matter how and where he look; behind, left, right, up, down; it is just a dull color.

 

“I hate this one…and this one…this one also…” Yunho threw away his expensive outfit mercilessly one by one and they all landing on the floor.

 

“This is not gonna working…its ugly…Who the one who designed this stupid shirt with an ugly combination of color” Most of the shirts and outfit that were arranged neatly in the wardrobe seems to be united again on the floor.

 

“THIS IS ALL STUPID!!!” In one swipe, Yunho threw everything on the floor. Screaming and yelling could be heard through out the family mansion.

 

Changmin was leaning on Yunho’s room door while crossing his legs with his arms folded up to his chest. He has been witnessed the whole fuss scene Yunho created in his room. But he was doing nothing only staring. He then called a maid that he trusted the most.

 

“Clean up everything and make sure you zip up your mouth about this matter. If I discover that you spread about this to anyone else, I’ll make sure you have no place to go after this…” Changmin said with a stern voice. His eyes were sending a death note to his maid.

 

“GO AWAY!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!” As soon as the maid entered the room, she was gifted by Yunho a bundle of shirt except that those shirts had been thrown away to her. The maid’s face changed its color to a pale one and look back at Changmin.
 

 

“Ignore him…” Changmin then searched for his phone in his pocket and dialed a number.

 

“Hyung…we need to do something…he’s not going through this well…” Changmin’s eyes back in the room gazing at his brother and then to his maid that busy cleaning the whole mess made up by his master with a scare look pasted clearly.

 

Yunho was crouching at one corner of the room while crying. He was kneeling down and was sobbing fearing of what he just received. Fearing of what will waiting outside of the mansion and fear on how will the world will treat him if they knew that he was no longer able to differentiate the color. What responses he will receive if the famous businessman in fashion industry failed to differentiate what color material suit the best.

*************************************************************************************

*After one Month

 

Yunho speed the accelerator as he broke through the busy road brutally just like he was competing in a race car. Sometimes he will receive a very loud and noise car honk from other driver but he just ignored them. Most probably the way he was driving is like he’s on his way to kill himself.

 

His phone was ringing annoyed his ears. One hand was on the steering wheel and the other was holding on his phone. He flipped open the phone without looking at it and went straightly answer the phone.

 

“Yunho-ahh…Are you driving…? You’re not supposed to drive at all…” A girl was speaking on the other line made he rolled his eyes in annoyance.

 

“Who are you…? My mom…? My mom died already…” Yunho answered as he double up the speed; go against what the girl forbid him to do.

 

“Yunho-ah…what are you doing…you can’t even differentiate the color of traf…” Yunho threw the phone out of the car’s window accompanied him with a boring look. He continued driving seems did not affect with the lost of his phone that crashed into pieces at the road side.

 

*At the other side

 

“…traffic light…Hello…? Yunho…?” The girl dialed the same number again.

 

“Not connected…?” She tried once again but the same thing occurred.

 

“Did he just break his phone again…?” A young man wearing a spectacle asked the tall man seating in front of him.

 

“Yes…don’t worry, I’ve prepared another phone for him already….” Changmin browsed through the channel but nothing succeeds to attract him. Then he changed his sight to focus on a girl that was nagging by herself with her hands still holding on the phone.

 

“Min…do you think that we make it a right decision…? I mean, this secret was being well kept from others so that he can handle his business without any problem and put their trust on him… But he’s changed into different person…”

 

“Yoochun hyung…it’s better he’s being like this than the one who only locked himself in his room waiting for his death to come…” Changmin answered with his eyes still on that girl.

 

“But now he was searching for death. He’s become a hot tempered, cold and wild contrasted to his old one; Jung Yunho I’ve known." Yoochun was now focusing on that girl too followed Changmin’s action. They both seem too interested on that girl who was babbling and nagging non-stop.

 

"It’s been 15 minutes already…” Both of them said in unison.

 

“Noona…can you lend me your phone…?” Changmin called the girl as he stood up from his seat approaching her.

 

“For what…?” The girl asked but still handed out his phone to Changmin.

 

“For this…”

 

*DANG! CRASH!!!

 

Changmin threw her phone violently to the wall as soon as the phone changed into other hand and the phone breaking into pieces of puzzle on the floor. Her jaw hanged low seeing the phone was no longer in a solid form.

 

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, CHANGMIN!!!” She yelled at Changmin when her soul flying back to her body.

 

“You’re so annoying….And please leave my house now…” Changmin pushed the girl’s shoulder forced her to be out of the main door of the mansion.

 

“And by the way…you’re no longer my brother’s girlfriend. He’s breaking up with you…” The girl tried to fight back to stay in the mansion but Changmin was clearly stronger than her.

 

“Who are you to say that…? Only Yunho can decide that….” She slapped Changmin’s arm rapidly to push his hands away from her but she failed.

 

“Are you blind or stupid…? Owhh…let me guess…you’re both…I’m his brother, of course…” Changmin pushed her outside of the house and closed the door right in front of her face.

 

“Why are you treating her that way…? She just wanted to help Yunho-shi…” A cute and a bit short man appeared from behind.

 

“She’s not helping, Kibum-shi. She’s ruining everything. She pissed Yunho off everytime she opened up …” Yoochun answered on behalf of Changmin. Changmin was leering at him with a death glare.

 

“And who was the stupid one that think she was so brilliant by hanging a color tag in Yunho hyung wardrobe….?” Changmin asked while searching for the guilty person. One particular maid raised her hand slowly and her body was trembling in fear. The cold sweat covered the whole face of her.

 

“You’re fired!” Yoochun bluntly said and the maid burst into tears. While others maid that was standing in line just dare to look at the floor.

 

“I’M SOOO PISSED OFF!!! We tried so hard to make Yunho hyung feeling comfortable by treating him like a normal person and you just come and ruin it. You haven’t learned from the maid that was fired last week….?”

 

“She just entered this mansion two days ago…” Kibum mentioned to his young master. Kibum is Changmin personal assistant meanwhile Yoochun is Yunho personal assistant that also their best friend since childhood.

 

“Good…now I tell you…she mixed up the whole color in the wardrobe and not arranged it accordingly. Yunho hyung went to his office looking like a clown!”

 

“And you Kibum-shi…could you please find a better maid will you! The one that use her mind to think why that we arranged Yunho’s outfits according to color code…” Changmin pointed out his finger to Kibum with his gritted teeth; trying very much not to transfer his anger to his precious assistant.

 

“By the way Yoochun hyung…how much workers that Yunho hyung just fired yesterday…?”

 

Changmin went to the puzzle pieces of phone that scattered on the floor to clean it. Seeing that, the maids hurriedly brought the tools and replaced Changmin to clean it.

 

“Not much…just five people…” Yoochun answered with a thinking pose as he recalled the last day incident.

 

“Good…he’s improving…it’s better that 10 people per day like he did before…” Kibum hanged his mouth opened widely when he heard those handsome men’s talking like it was nothing.

 

“Err….e…vil…” Kibum muttered silently.

 

“By the way Changmin-shi…I was thinking…how that Yunho-shi can drive with his condition…?” Kibum tried to change the topic when he noticed how calm Changmin is at that time.

 

“It’s easy…followed other cars from behind and speeding up to the limit at the junction when it was green light….” Changmin answered with an expressionless facial reaction.

 

“umm…Ummm..” Yoochun nodded in agreement.

************************************************************************************

Yunho was definitely driving madly to surpass the anger developed in his body. He turned the steering wheel to the right when he reached at a silence junction without giving much attention to the road. He failed to notice a figure that was crossing the road in front of him until the bright light coming from that particular person’s ring blocked his sight.

 

“WHAT THE HELL!!!” He turned the wheel to the other way round and his car was drifted away till it collided with the road divider.

 

“OWHH BULL!!!!” Yunho shouted as his car went ahead and bumped into a big tree in front of him.

 

“DAMMIT!!!” Yunho was cursing when he noticed how bad his car was after the accident. A line of a thick fluid created on his forehead. He touched it with his finger as he realized that it was blood.

 

“AARGHHH” He was so frustrated and his sight was a bit blurry. But the rest he was okay and perfectly safe. He still can move every part of his body and his feet wasn’t stuck at anywhere when the car banged on the tree. The heavy smoke coming out from the front car.

 

He heard a loud sound of steps approaching as a person was running to him but he just ignored and being as a snobbish person as he was. But then, the sounds of the steps died and the whether changed back to silence.

 

*POKE POKE POKE

 

Someone was poking his shoulder and Yunho’s want to blow up in anger. He hissed and turned around ready to give that person a punch as he was the cause of him involved in that situation. But when he turned around he saw an indescribable beautiful person with a very fair and flawless face. He was looking at Yunho with a pure feeling of worried. Yunho was stunned.

 

“I can see colors!”

 

He frantically looked at right and left sight after he saw that man feeling excited. But then, the surrounding was looking the same in black and white just like he saw for the past one month.

 

“W…why….?”

 

When Yunho looked back at that man, he can see what color the shirt and the scarf he was wearing at his neck. Not just that, he can see the surrounding around that man just like a normal person. He can see the tree was looking fresh in green color. The color of the blue bird chirping on the tree. Everything.

 

But when he changed his sight to different place without that man in picture, he’s back to his condition; color blind.

 

*POKE POKE POKE

 

He poked Yunho’s shoulder again with his long finger. He titled his head to the side trying to check Yunho’s condition.

 

“NO...NO…I’m fine…You don’t have to worry…I can move every part of my body…” Yunho hurriedly explained as he was replying that man’s question. But instead of giving him a relieved look, he was surprised with Yunho’s word.

 

“And this…it’s not that hurt…just a scratch…”

 

Yunho spoke to him once again and this time that man retreat his hand from Yunho’s body as he’s getting more surprised and suspicious. He took out a handkerchief from his pocket and shoved it to Yunho’s forehead.

 

Yunho was staring at him while blinking his eyes rapidly clueless. He was taking out something from his pocket.

 

A tiny book….and a….pen…?

 

His hands moved expertly writing something on the blank piece of paper that later was handed out to him as well. Yunho was curious with that’s man action. He gave a last look at Yunho and walked away. That man picked up his shopping bag probably was dropped off at the time the accident occurred in front of his eyes.

 

“It’s weird…How did he know what I’m thinking and saying if I’m not talking at all…?”

 

Yunho heard that voice again that he was mistakenly thought that the voice was coming out from that man’s lips.

 

“Not…talking at…all…? What the….I’m not hallucinating right…?” Yunho looked back at the written paper in his hand.

 

~If you want to claim anything for your injury if you discover it later on…You can come and meet me at ECNELIS followed this address. I’m Kim Jaejoong~

 

“ECNELIS….? Kim Jaejoong…?No p...phone n...no?”

Yunho was left behind not only with the hard feeling to continue his life as a color blind person when he can see the beautiful color surrounded him just now when he with that Kim Jaejoong. But also with hundreds of question filled up his mind.