12 years later

Reasons

 

"Good Morning!" 
Yoona cheered as she yawned and stretched her arms and unknowingly, she hit the face of Donghae who sits beside her bed.

"Ouch!" Donghae said.

"Sorry Oppa" Yoona smiled.

Donghae stand up and said "I am hungry Yoona"

"Oppa, cook now" Yoona said.

"I am so tired, I can't" Donghae whined.

"Why? Overtime again?" Yoona asked.

"Yeah"

Donghae and Yoona are both working students.
During Weekdays, In the morning, they study, and at night, they work in a fastfood chain.
During Weekends, Donghae works in a coffee shop together with Siwon.

Today is Saturday, and Donghae is still not yet sleeping.
When the time strikes at 7:00, It's time for him to work in the coffee shop.

"Oppa, It's 5:00, you can still sleep, I know you are not yet sleeping" Yoona said.

"But I am hungry" Donghae pouted.

It's the habit of Yoona to wake up at 5:00 and she is always early. She cooks for the family.

"Okay I'll cook, but I will go somewhere after this"

"Where? At your secret hide out?" Donghae asked.

"It's secret right, why would I tell you" Yoona teased as she go towards the kitchen.

Donghae followed her to the kitchen.
The house was filled of sadness. Donghae is working hard for this family, yet his salary cannot meet the daily needs. He just keeps strong because of his father.

What happened to his father?

"Oppa, there is no food left, only noodles, later I will go to the market, then i will visit Appa in the hospital" Yoona said.

Their father is at the hospital, And he is in a comatose stage. Why? His father was shot by a bullet gun while chasing one criminal. The bullet striked near the heart and luckily, he was still alive but in coma.

Yoona sighed. She remembered that there is no money left in her wallet.

"Yoona here" Donghae give the money to Yoona.

"Oppa"

"Just go to the market, after that visit Dad"

Donghae sighed. "Tell him I am sorry, I can't come"

Yoona nodded and smiled halfheartedly.
She knows that Donghae is working hard for them. She really wants to work during weekends but, no one will take care of his father at the hospital. She really wants to help, but she cant.

"Eat now Oppa" Yoona said as she showed the cooked noodles.

"Thanks"

Yoona hugged him from behind."Oppa, thanks" She said.

"Thanks for what?"

"Thanks for everything" Yoona said then kissed his cheeks.

Donghae blushed. He loves Yoona but only as a sister.
He felt awkward when Yoona kissed him at his cheeks.

"Yuck, Eeeww, Yoona kissed me at my cheeks" Donghae said as a joke while slightly wiping his cheeks.

"Why? I am your sister, I can kiss you" Yoona teased.

"But we are grown up now"

"I love you Oppa, you are the best brother" Yoona wrapped her arms around Donghae, then leave.

"Where are you going?" Donghae asked.

"Just somewhere, at my secret hide out, Don't worry, after that, I'll go to the market then I will visit Dad" Yoona waved her hands then leave.

Yoona is such a sweet yet nice girl.Donghae thought.
Donghae loves her for who she was, She laughs, She cries, She works hard, everything, She is the best sister. Somehow, Yoona reminds him of her late sister who died from Leukemia thirteen years ago. And Perhaps, Yoona replaced her and Donghae was very thankful to have Yoona as a sister.

Yoona go to their garden and saw her two bikes. One is her ordinary bicycle, while the other one is the tandem bike that Kibum gave her. She sighed as she touched Kibum's tandem bike.

She missed him.


"Kibum, I miss you, when will you come back, when will we ride this bike together?" She whispered.

Out of the blue, she smiled and get her single bicycle. She goes out together with her bike, then ride it. After 15 minutes of riding the bike, she reached her destination. The treehouse, her secret hideout, which no one knows, except Kibum and Yoona.

The door is locked, and she has a key for it. When she opened the door, she sighed.
Remembering Kibum makes her sad. His promise and his face lingers on her mind.

"For 12 years, I waited you for so long, I never forget to go to this place, For I am longing to see you and hoping that when I come back here, I will see you again" Yoona said as she looked at the picture of them in the frame. 

"When will you come back? Could you still remember me? I am still waiting" She sighed. "And I hope you'll do your promise to me, please come back" Yoona added.

Tears dropped while reading the letters of Kibum.


-Hello Yoona, I miss you. We are now here at California. By the way I met my cousin named Yuri. You know you look like her. But you are prettier than her and you know I........................................-

"Why did you stop writing? The last letter you gave me was still 5 years ago. Did you forget me already?" She thought.

Out of the Blue, She smiled as she blow her pinwheel given to her by Kibum before he left.
"Would you still remember this?" She sighed "... your proposal" She laughed as she remembered Kibum's face.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kibum looked outside and smiled happily. He is so excited. His heart is jumping into happiness.
Kibum is still the Kibum before. His smile, his laugh, his face, nothing changed.

He look at the mirror and straighten his shirt. He combed his hair with the use of his hands.
He smiled and stood up straight. 
He put something out of his pocket. Till now, he still keeps the small picture, the last remembrance of her.

Till now, he misses her, and never forgets about her.
"How are you Yoona" He thought as he stare at her picture way back 12 years ago.

"Kibum ah" Yuri said as she hugged Kibum from his back.

"Yuri" Kibum said as she smile.

"Are we really going back to Korea?" Yuri asked.

Yes, They are coming back to Korea. That is what Kibum is thinking of. He keeps on remembering Yoona.

"Yeah" Kibum answered with a smile.

Suddenly Yuri get the picture swiftly from his hands.

"Oh, your first love?" Yuri chuckled.

"Hey give me that!" Kibum said trying to get the picture but Yuri hides it.

"Wait, I will just look at it" Yuri said then take a glance at the picture.

"Till now, you still think of this girl, Do you really love her?" Yuri asked.

"Neh" Kibum said.

"And you know what? You really look like her, you are similar" Kibum added.

"Yah, I know, you keep on saying that" Yuri said while sitting at the bed.

Kibum still recognize Yoona whenever he saw Yuri. He thinks that what Yuri may be now is same as Yoona. They look similar. He thinks that Yoona will be also beautiful like Yuri.

"You know, I am so happy Oppa" Yuri said.

"Why?"

"Because I have a cousin like you, It's too bad, If my memory didn't lost because of the plane accident, Maybe I am more closer to you" Yuri said.

Yuri looked at him as Kibum puts a smile on his face while looking at the picture.

"Oppa, how about Jessica? Do you have feelings for her?" Yuri asked.

"I only like Jessica as a sister, no more, no less" Kibum sighed.

"But she loves you" Yuri said sadly.

"I know, but I am not" Kibum sighed. "I only love this girl, and I will love her forever" Kibum said as he pinch Yuri's cheeks.

Meanwhile, the door in Kibum's room is half open.
Jessica stared at the door and unintentionally overheard what Kibum and Yuri is talking about.

"Oppa, how about Jessica? Do you have feelings for her?" Yuri asked.

"I only like Jessica as a sister, no more, no less" Kibum sighed.

"But she loves you" Yuri said sadly.

"I know, but I am not, I only love this girl, and I will love her forever" Kibum said as he pinch Yuri's cheeks.

Upon hearing those words, Jessica felt bad. She felt sad. Since before she knows that Kibum likes another girl, but still she is good and caring towards her. Kibum just likes Jessica as a sister. He knows that he will only give his love to the one whom he made the promise.

"Jessica" Yuri said happily.

Jessica's sad face faded as Yuri recognize her presence.
She must act as if she heard nothing.

"Hello, uhmm, Auntie said that we must go" Jessica said with a smile, hiding her frown a while ago.

Kibum and Yuri nodded as they walk out with hands together.
 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Appa"

The door opened and Yoona showed herself to his dad.

Her dad was pale.Whenever she tries to look at him, She wanted to cry but she holds it. She doesn't want that his dad will see her cry.

"Dad, I brought flowers so your room will be nice" Yoona said while putting and fixing the flowers.

Her dad seems wants to speak but he can't. His eyes were open and sees everything that Yoona is doing for him. He is paralyzed. But one thing that caught Yoona's attention is the tears that fall from her father's eyes.

"Dad, are you crying?" Yoona said as she hold his hands. "Dad, don't cry" Yoona wiped his tears away.

"Ahhshshash" Yoona heard his voice.

"Appa" Yoona was surprised.

Her dad wans to move. Yoona can see it with his little movements.

"Appa, don't move, don't speak, you are still not ready" Yoona said.

Her dad stopped from moving.


I want to thank you Yoona but I can't speak. I want to hold your hands but I can't move. I am so guilty, I must be the one to work for the two of you but I can't. I am just similar to those people who are dead. I may be alive in physical, but I am useless. Her dad thought as his tears starts to form in his eyes.

Yoona looked at him and smiled. "Someday dad, you can be normal again" Yoona said.

.
.
.
.

"Annyeong" SeoHyun greeted as she go back to their house.

"How is your day SeoHyun?" Her mom asked.

"I hate Saturday Classes" SeoHyun said then go to her room to relax.

Meanwhile, Yoona go to SeoHyun's house and saw SeoHyun's mother in the frontyard planting flowers and Siwon who's preparing himself to work.

"Annyeong Haseyo" Yoona greeted.

"Oh, Yoona" Siwon said gladly.

"Oppa, where is SeoHyun?"

"She is in her room"

"By the way, are you going to the coffee shop now?" She asked.

"Neh"

"Tell Donghae Oppa that I will bring him lunch" Yoona said.

"How about me?" Siwon pouted.

"Maybe SeoHyun can do it for you, We will come later" She said while going inside the house.

"I will go inside Auntie" She said then walked.

SeoHyun rested in her bed.
A few minutes later, she already fall asleep.

"Appa, Eomma"

Seohyun is now moving her body uncontrollably.

"Appa where will we go?"

A man's blurred face showed to her eyes.

"We will go back to Korea, Yul"

A sudden screaming is heard. Many people in the place are now screaming and shouting.
"Ahhhhhhhhhh!!"

"Eomma! Appa!" She heard a childs voice cried.

SeoHyun screamed.
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

SeoHyun was dreaming. She was dreaming of something.
A memory or a dream which she couldn't understand.

"SeoHyun, SeoHyun wake up" Yoona said while shaking her shoulders.

"Appa" SeoHyun said then cried.

"Appa? SeoHyun what's happening?" Yoona asked.

SeoHyun just hug her and sobbed.

Suddenly Siwon and his mom go inside the room.

"What happened?" Siwon's mom asked as she wipe her tears.

"I dreamed bad again" She said.

"What is it about?" Siwon asked but SeoHyun didn't answer.

"Okay, if you don't want to tell about it, I have to go, Donghae might be looking for me, bye mom, Yoona, Hyunnie" Siwon said then left the house.

"Mom, can you leave us first?" SeoHyun requested.

"Okay" SeoHyun's mom leave.

When no one is around except SeoHyun and Yoona, Yoona finally spoke.

"What is it?" Yoona asked who looks pity for SeoHyun.

SeoHyun never know that She was only adopted. Only Siwon, Donghae, Yoona and their parents know about it. Now, SeoHyun is still dreaming about an accident.

"These past few days, I keep on dreaming something, Something I can't understand, It's always an accident" SeoHyun said nervously while she keeps on crying.

"Okay Okay, calm down, okay, tell me what happened"

"There is a girl, a little girl, And there, it's like I and the people are inside the plane. She says Eomma, and Appa. Then, I only see blurred faces. Then the people keep on screaming. The lights were on and off and all turned black" SeoHyun spoke.

Yoona felt sad for SeoHyun. "Maybe she dreams what happened before the accident and lost her memory" She thought.

"And she never know that she was founded in a plane crash" She added to her thoughts.

"Yoona I also heard one name"

"What name?"

"It's Yul, the name is Yul"

"Yul?" Yoona whispered.