Pathetic

Reasons

 

(Flashback)
"There will be a welcome party for me on my birthday" ShinHye happily said " I'll be writing for the company again" ShinHye said at Jishin.

"Oh, it's good, yeah" Jishin smiled halfheartedly.

"I would like everyone to come" ShinHye said "Especially you Jishin, it will be our triple celebration right?"

"Triple celebration??" Yuri asked

"And besides, it's our day Jishin so you need to come or else... hmpp"

"I don't want to go to the party" Jishin spoke "I want to go back home"
(End)

KyuHyun opened his notebook and get his pen.
As a sudden memory came to him, he looked at the folded paper which is Jishin's profile that he researched when he was still investigating her.

"Triple Celebration?? It will be ShinHye's welcome party, At the same time it's her birthday and.."

KyuHyun looked at her profile and focused on the date of her birthday.
He chuckled and whispered "It's her birthday as well? I never know that Silly Jishin girl has a birthday"

"Oh well" KyuHyun whispered "Why do I care?" He thought as he closed his notebook .

-----------------------------------

After travelling for some hours, They already came back from the townhouse.

"Whew" MinHwan said "We are back!"

MinHwan looked back and saw the three still sleeping at the car.
He sighed and shouted "Guys we are home!"

"Oh" SeoHyun said and then she yawned.

"Where am I?" Yuri asked

"Oh, JaeJin, bring Yuri home" Minhwan said at JaeJin "I just hope Tiffany Noona will not be worried"

"Okay" JaeJin said as he rubbed his eyes.

SeoHyun and Minhwan bring down their things and left the two of them

"Bring her safe okay?" Minhwan said as they waved to them.

JaeJin occupied the driver's seat and started driving going to Yuri's house.
Yuri kept quiet as she stares at JaeJin.
JaeJin noticed it and asked her "Yuri,,anything wrong?"

"Oh.. nothing" Yuri denied.

"Nope, there is something" JaeJin said "Tell me"

"JaeJin.. actually the real reason why I agreed to go with you because Tiffany told me that the townhouse is the place where we have special memories together when we are still young" Yuri said.

"But I feel so sorry for myself.. I can't remember anything" Yuri sighed.

"Yuri" JaeJin said as he hold her hand "Don't worry okay, you are still Yuri no matter what...okay?"

Yuri smiled as JaeJin patted her shoulders.

----------------------------------

Jishin looked at herself in front of the mirror.
She sighed.

"Am I coming or not?" She thought

Just then she heard a beep sound of a car outside.
She looked outside the window and saw KyuHyun waiting at his car.

"Aisshhhhh" Jishin said as she get her towel and headed the bathroom.

While KyuHyun waited outside his car.
He noticed that 45 minutes had passed.
"Yah, It's already 7:00" KyuHyun said as he looked at his watch.

"KyuHyun"

KyuHyun looked up and saw Jishin in her pink dress which KyuHyun bought for her.
Stunned for a moment, he looked at her for some seconds.

"Yah" Jishin said that snapped the thoughts of KyuHyun.

"Let's go...uhmmm..yeah"
.
.
.

When they reached the place KyuHyun excused himself for a while "Jishin, I'll just go outside" KyuHyun said.

"KyuHyun don't leave me" Jishin said as she hold his arm.

Suddenly, Someone called Jishin "Jishin!"
Jishin smiled as she saw her old colleagues. "Hi Guys!"
Seeing Jishin happily talking with her old friends, KyuHyun left for a while.

"Who is that guy with you?" SoHee asked.

"My friend" Jishin answered "Ayeeii.. I bet he isn't.. he is your boyfr-"

"No" Jishin cut Yoobin off.

"Well, I'll just find ShinHye to greet her okay?" Jishin said.

"Oh wait wait" SoHee stopped her. "Do you think we will forget you?" Yoobin said.

"Happy Birthday!!" The two of then hugged her. "Whoah thanks" Jishin said as she broke the hug.

"Okay I have to go now, see you later!!" Jishin said as she waved.

Jishin walked around the hotel.
Finally she saw ShinHye standing near the window.
Jishin chuckled.

"ShinHye" Jishin said as she hugged her.

"Thank you for coming" ShinHye smiled.

"I just wanna ask if where is KyuHyun" ShinHye asked Jishin

"Oh, I think he is outside.. well I don't know" Jishin answered.

"Well, Sis, Happy Birthday to us!" Shinhye said as she hugged Jishin. "Gift for you and for my little Kibum" ShinHye added as she gave a paper bag to her.

Jishin excitedly opened it and saw 2 new books that she written. "Wow, thank you, Kibum will be happy to read this" She said as she hugged ShinHye once more.

"Hey babe"

ShinHye looked back and Jishin also looked at the man behind her.

"Oh Hi" ShinHye said as she hugged the man behind.

Jishin made a fake cough that grabbed back ShinHye's attention to her "Oh" ShinHye said.
Jishin gave her a look that says -Who is he?-
As she got her message through her looks, ShinHye chuckled and said "Yesung, she is Jishin my friend" Shinhye introduced her to him.

"This is Yesung" ShinHye introduced the man beside her "My..boyfriend" She said then smiled.

"Oh" Jishin said as she looked surprised "Nice meeting you, I am Jishin" Jishin smiled as she shook hands with Yesung. Yesung smiled back.

"So Uhmmmm, ShinHye I'll just leave you for a moment" Jishin winked at her and then chuckled "Bye" ShinHye said.

"Oh wait Yesunggie, I'll just go outside for a while" ShinHye told Yesung.
.
.
.

KyuHyun left the hotel and just sit at the bench outside.
Just then he felt a pair of hands touching his shoulders.
"KyuHyun"

Upon hearing her voice, he recognized ShinHye
He looked back and saw her smiling on him.

"I am glad you came" She said as she sit beside him.

"It's because of Jishin" KyuHyun said.

"Oh well.. at least" ShinHye said.

They felt awkward as silence remained in the atmosphere.
ShinHye kept on looking at him but KyuHyun remained silent.

"You grew up a lot Kyu" ShinHye broke the silence "The KyuHyun today is a way different to the Kyu that I knew before"

"What's your point ShinHye?" KyuHyun asked.

"Aww.. My little Kyu always call me Noona and always talks to me" ShinHye said as she pouted but KyuHyun didn't mind her.

"Mian" ShinHye sighed "Mianhe if you are still mad"

"No I am not" KyuHyun said. "If not why are you acting like this?"

KyuHyun looked at her and said "Well maybe because Your little Kyu is a grown up man"
ShinHye sighed.

"I could still remember...I know this day is your Appa's death anniversary.. It's way back many years ago, I saw KyuHyun who looked so sad and who was crying that day. I asked you 'why are you sad at my birthday' just then you told me that it was your dad's death anniversary. I could still remember how you cried just like a little boy, and since then you became my little Kyu right?" ShinHye chuckled.

"I miss you messing up my name from ShinHye to HyeShin" ShinHye said."I miss everything" she added.

"Just like when you told me that if ever you haven't found the girl you love, you'll always be my little kyu" Shinhye said the KyuHyun chuckled.

"Unfortunately, I have a boyfriend now" ShinHye said

"Bwoh?" Kyuhyun looked surprised "Really?" he asked.

"Neh" ShinHye said as KyuHyun sighed.

"Yah, are you mad?" ShinHye slapped his shoulder. "Nope"
"If you are not mad, why don't you hug your HyeShin Noona?" ShinHye asked.

Just then KyuHyun pulled her into a hug.
"I wish you all the best" KyuHyun said "HyeShinnie Noona"
ShinHye smiled.

"You'll always be my little Kyu!" Shinhye pinched his nose.

"Yah, how about you?" ShinHye broke the hug

"She is waiting" ShinHye winked as she pointed out Jishin from a far.

"Huh?" KyuHyun gave her an innocent look.

"Be a gentleman, It's cold outside okay, go to her" ShinHye said as she pulled KyuHyun up and pushed him.

"Aja Aja!" ShinHye shouted as KyuHyun smiled a bit.
As he turned back, KyuHyun heave out a heavy sigh before he walked towards Jishin.

"Why are you here alone?" KyuHyun asked.

Jishin looked back and saw KyuHyun. "So?" Jishin answered.

"I just want to breathe some air"

"Are you still mad?" KyuHyun asked but Jishin didn't responded back

"Look I am sorry if I've been too grumpy or whatsoever you like to call me, okay?"

"Why are you apologizing?"

"No I am not"

"What are you saying right now? Aren't you saying sorry for w-"

"Happy..."

"Happy what?"

"Aisshhhhh,, It's cold outside" KyuHyun said as he put his coat over Jishin's shoulders.

"T-t-t-hanks" Jishin awkwardly said.

"I'll get inside now" KyuHyun said "So just take this" he added as he gave a small box.

"What is this...again?" Jishin shouted but KyuHyun already walked away.

From a far, as she was staring at them, ShinHye chuckled. "Silly.. but cute"

"You really grew up a lot" ShinHye whispered.

"ShinHye"

ShinHye looked back and smiled at Yesung "Let's go?" ShinHye said and then they left going inside.
----------------------------------------

*Soweoneul Malhaebwa~~I'm genie for you boy*
Yoona's phone ringed and saw Yuri's name flashed on the screen.

"Yuri?"
"Yoona, I am home now"
"Really? but where is Jishin?"
"Oh she'll be there tomorrow, she'll just attend a party for her friend"
"Okay thanks for informing me"
"And Yoona.."
"Neh?"
"He's not eating for almost 3 days, he's always drunk and never comes at the cafe for his work, he's always out and he always comes home late, I don't know what to do Yoona"
"Really...."
"I didn't saw him for two days, and when I came back the maids just told me about it and I am so worried about him Yoona"
"Uhmmmm..ermm... well, I think he's just out there..yeah..uhmm"
"So that's it Yoona, see you soon, bye"
"Bye"

Yoona hung up and sighed.

"He's not eating for almost 3 days, he's always drunk and never comes at the cafe for his work, he's always out and he always comes home late, I don't know what to do Yoona"

"I didn't saw him for two days, and when i came back the maids just told me about it and I am so worried about him Yoona"

Yoona remembered what Yuri have said to her.
There is a sudden feeling of guilt and sadness that she couldn't explain.
She tried so hard to forget all of the things that bothers her but she failed.

"I need to relax" She whispered. "I'll just go to the treehouse, I never visited it since then" She added.

She stood up and get her bike and ride it going to the treehouse.
While riding with her bike, she don't know why she kept on remembering Kibum.
Then she asked herself "Is it a good idea to go back there? Why do I have this feeling"
After minutes of riding, she stopped in front of the tree.
Suddenly she heard some footsteps going to her.

"Yoona"

She froze when she heard his voice.
It was Kibum.
Yoona was about to ride her bike but Kibum shouted "Wait"
She stopped for a while and anticipated on what Kibum will say to her.

"Yoona I love you" Kibum said "I've been waiting for you here all day and I am happy to see you again here"

"Kibum stop this drama okay, go home, eat something and go on with your life" Yoona said.

He was drunk. Yoona saw some bottles of beer around.
Kibum's face turned red and his shirt is ed.
Yoona also saw marks of punches on the tree.
Just then Kibum started to punch the tree and hit it all over again.

It's been a very sad atmosphere.
Yoona who just watch the tears flowing in him
While Kibum kept on punching the trunk of the treehouse.
Seeing his hands bleeding, Yoona gasped.

"Kibum stop it" Yoona patiently said.
But still Kibum continued it.

"I said stop it!" Yoona shouted.

"Why do you always want me to stop!" Kibum said.

"Your fist is...bleeding" Yoona said.
Her voice is trembling, and she looks so scared yet so pity on him.

"My fist doesn't hurt" Kibum said "It's my heart..it is bleeding"

"But h-"

"Why do you always ask me to stop loving you huh? to stop on everything I need to do!" Kibum shouted.

Yoona didn't respond.

"Tell me!" Kibum shouted once more

Kibum kicked the tree and shouted very loud.
Her eyes are getting teary- but still she managed to hold them back.

"Stop it.."

"Now tell me"

"Why are you making things hard! If you just leave me alone, you will never experience any pain that you are experiencing right now!"

"Do you think letting you go will make my life in peace?"

"Neh" Yoona quickly said "No it's hell!" Kibum quickly responded.

"See? I just make your life in pain that's why just leave me alone!"

Kibum took a deep breathe and looked at her seriously.

"Do you really want me to get away from you?"

"N-n-n-eh" Her voice is shaking
Yoona looked at the sky to refrain herself from crying.

"Then tell me that you don't love me anymore"

Yoona didn't answer.
But still Kibum hugged her and said "Then you still love me right? right?"

Yoona pushed him slightly and looked at his eyes. "Kibum, I didn't.."

"Kibum, I can't love you" Yoona said "From the beginning, since those childhood years, treehouse thing and the promises, We have different worlds, we are different, and we are just kids"

"Children doesn't know how to love and doesn't know the real meaning of true love,Those who keep on believing on those childhood love are so pathetic,"

"No" Kibum said "How could you say those things if I know to myself that we felt it, How do you have the courage to tell me that you already forgotten everything and you never loved me if you are still here in front of the treehouse where we made our promise?"

Yoona didn't answer and just looked away "Now tell me why are you still here" he insisted

Kibum dragged her going up to the treehouse "Let go!" Yoona said as she tries to move away but Kibum hold her so tight.
He opened the door and let Yoona go inside.

"What are these?" He asked as he looked at the things around.

"Now tell me, if you don't believe on my promise, why are you still here?" Kibum asked "Answer me!" He shouted but Yoona stayed still and kept quiet.

"What are these!" He said as he thrown box where Yoona kept his letters, pinwheels and all of their memories."Why are these things still here?" He asked.

"Can you please stop?" Yoona pleaded "Please"

"At this point in time, I want to give up everything just to make it up to you, no matter how I look so pathetic as I firmly believed on our promise, and even how I look so pathetic in front of you, I don't care"

"I am not the one for you Kibum" Yoona said "There is someone meant for you and it's not me"

"Why are you doing this? Just because of Jessica you k-"

"That's it, It's because of her, When we separated ways, Your parents already arranged everything, they wanted her for you, She loved you and she needs you, If you continue on loving me it would cause her heartaches which I don't want to happen, At this point she is at the hospital and she needs you, don't you understand she needs you more" Yoona said.

"Why do you always want me to be with Jessica?" Kibum asked but She didn't answer

Silence remained as both sides never utter any word.
Kibum looked at her while Yoona just looked down at the floor avoiding her eyes to look at him.

"I am tired" Kibum broke the silence as he spoke

"If you really mean your words, I'll leave you, I'll be with her and, I'll let go.." Kibum turned his back.

"If this is what you want" He said as he left.

Yoona just looked at him as he left.
As a tear dropped on her face, she whispered.

"I lied to you...I am sorry for being so stubborn..I know you won't forgive me, but.. It's better this way.. If I still hold on to you, we will always receive pain and both fall down. She is better than me, You must keep her..I need you... but she needs you more"

"Those who keep on believing on childhood love are so pathetic,"

"And with that I am so pathetic hoping for you to come back, I really waited for you Kibum"

-----------------------------------------------------

"She is getting better everyday" The doctor said to Tiffany.

"Really? Did you hear that Jess? It's definitely a good news!" Tiffany cheered.

"After a few more weeks, you can now walk, actually if you will do better, in just a week I can let you go home" The doctor added.

"Chinja? Thank you so much" Jessica said.

"Don't worry, some more time you can remember little by little, just don't force yourself okay? Relax, your memories can come back"

"Yes doctor, kamsahamnida" Jessica said.

"So, I'll just leave for a while, have a rest okay?" The doctor left the room.

Suddenly, Kibum came which made Jessica surprised.
Tiffany smiled and said "Kibum ah"

"How are you Jessica? I heard that you are doing better" Kibum said.

"I am...fine" Jessica mumbled.

"I'll just use the comfort room okay?" Tiffany excused herself, thus leaving Jessica and Kibum alone.

"Why are you here?" Jessica asked. "What happened to your fist?" she added.

"This one? Don't worry about it, and anyways..Isn't that obvious that I am visiting you?"

"Oh..yeah" She whispered.

"I bought some fruits" Kibum placed the basket of fruits on the table "uhmmm.. if you want I'll join you in your therapy session later" he added.

"Aren't you busy?" Jessica asked "Nope...and if I am busy, so what? I mean I must have time with you right?" Kibum said.

"Bwoh?"

"So do you want apples?" Kibum asked.

Just then, Donghae was about to open the door, but when he saw Kibum inside, he just let the door half opened.
And then he heard their discussion.

"Kibum, I just want to ask if.. why are you so good to me" She asked.

"You are my boyfriend aren't you?" Jessica chuckled "Joke" she quickly added.

"Well if you are not my boyfriend, you are my bestfriend perhaps, just like Tiffany, Yuri and Donghae" Jessica said as if she doesn't know anything.

"Yes..I am" Kibum whispered. "Bwohyo?" Jessica said with her eyes wide open.

"It's hard to explain but I am your boyfriend...yeah.. I am" Kibum said with a very low voice and smiled halfheartedly.

Donghae was surprised after hearing what Kibum had stated.
Jessica looked at Kibum as Kibum combed her hair with his hands.

"Boyfriend?" Jessica whispered. "Are you fooling me?" Jessica said as she put off Kibum's hands.

"Why are you saying this Kibum.. How could you say those words now that I really do know...Yoona is your childhood friend whom you loved from the very beginning up to now.. why Kibum.. why.." Jessica thought.

"If you keep on doing these, I can't hold back my feelings anymore, please stop doing this" She added to her mind

"Apples?" Kibum smiled at her.

Meanwhile, Donghae just closed the door slowly and left.

TO BE CONTINUED.........