Hyori

Reasons

 

KyuHyun was busy looking for some papers when someone knocked on his door.

"Come in"

KyuHyun said And then there is a pretty lady who just came in and asked

"Are you Mr. Cho KyuHyun?"

"Neh, Neh" KyuHyun said as he stood up.

"As far as I know, you are the one who is handling the case of the Im family"

"Yes..and why?" KyuHyun asked.

"Do you know where Im Yoona and Im Yoonmi are?"

"Wait, may I know who you are? Are you related to Yoona?"

"I am Hyori, Lee Hyori" The girl said.

"So Miss Hyori, why are you asking things about Yoona and Yoonmi?"

Hyori sit down and KyuHyun take a sit as well.
She looked at him and said "Actually" she paused.

"I am their... aunt"

"Aunt?" KyuHyun said looking so surprised.

"Aunt?" He repeated again.

"Look, yeah, I am 28 years old, still single" Hyori chuckled

"Look, my nieces and I just have 8 years gap, so you mustn't had thought that I'll be their aunt" Hyori said.

"Can you explain this?" KyuHyun requested.

"When YoonJu, which is their mother, got married with their father, I am already 9 years old" Hyori explained.

"So you are the youngest among their cousins that's why you are still young and you almost have the same generation of the twins?" KyuHyun said.

"Exactly" Hyori said "I am still young to be their aunt" she chuckled.

"But, Yoona thought she doesn't have any relatives left" KyuHyun said.

"Neh, that's true, but on her mother's side relatives, she still has, and that is me" Hyori said "The only one that is left"

"Okay..so where had you been?" KyuHyun asked.

"Let's take it this way, I've been living in New York for 15 years already, when the accident happened we lost contacts in their family. We heard that the twins were under the custody of their other aunt uhmmm... my cousin which is older than me, so we thought they were safe. We never heard any news for a long time until I found out that the twins were lost." She paused "Scratch that.. I mean, We didn't know anything so we thought they were lost already. We heard also about the decline of the business and everything." She explained.

"My mother passed away last month. She told me before she died that I must find them since I have no relatives left, only them. And besides, I am their aunt, I must be there for the twins too, and if I will not do this, my mom might visit me during midnight and that is so scary" Hyori said as she laughed.

"Weird" KyuHyun thought.

"So, will you help me find them? Or do you know where they are?"

"I know where they are" KyuHyun said "Yoona is still at the bookstore where she works at and Jishin is just somewhere out there"

"Who is Jishin?" Hyori asked.

KyuHyun gulped as she questioned who is Jishin. Upon that query, he is so crazy calling out the name of Jishin and not Yoonmi. Maybe on the subconscious level he thought Jishin is not Yoonmi and he forgotten that Jishin acts as Yoonmi at that point.

"Oh.. Mian.. It's YoonMi" KyuHyun excused.

"Why did you say Jishin?" Hyori asked.

"It's a long story"

"Would you mind if you tell me?" Hyori asked.

"When Yoona and Yoonmi were lost, an accident happened that made Yoonmi lose her memories. Yoonmi was adopted and was separated to Yoona for almost 13 years. Yoona found Yoonmi, and she is now Jishin so that's why I called out the name Jishin because she is used on that name" KyuHyun explained.

"Omo.. it's really a very long story, and I bet I need to talk to them so I'll know all of the things that happened before." Hyori sighed "It's as if they really experienced hard times on their childhood"

"Exactly" KyuHyun said "But at least it is good to know that they still have a very pretty and young aunt"

"Maybe an Unnie" Hyori said. "I am still young, same as their generation, I don't want to be called Auntie"

KyuHyun chuckled and Hyori smiled "Would you mind bringing me to the twins right now? It's just that I am so excited to see them"

"Sure" KyuHyun replied.
--------------------------------------------------

"Jess, are you alright?" Kibum asked as he rubbed her shoulders.

"Neh, don't worry I am okay" Jessica said as she smiled half-heartedly.

"Excuse me Kibum, I really need to talk to Donghae right now."

Kibum just nodded as he agreed.
Jessica used her casts or crutches walking towards the place of Donghae.
Donghae is currently fixing the bench outside. He is using a hammer to fix it.

"Hey Fishy we have to talk" Jessica said.

"Don't call me Fishy" Donghae said.

"I can call you whatever I want" Jessica said that annoyed Donghae.

"Fishy I need to talk to-"

"Do I know you Miss Whosoever?" Donghae asked.

"Definitely, you always call me Miss Whosoever ever since" Jessica said.

Donghae sighed as he remembered that he always call Jessica "Miss Whosoever". How crazy of him calling Jessica on that nickname when he is avoiding her?
Still Donghae ignored her. Jessica sighed as she looked on the other way.
Jessica watched him as he walk towards the sidewalk.
Jessica doesn't know if Donghae did that on purpose to avoid her or her did it for him to talk to her personally.
"Is this because of your sister?" Jessica asked.

"What can I do just for me to prove that I didn't use you? that I treasured our friendship?"

"Are we friends?" Donghae said

With what Donghae had said Jessica felt bad and disappointed.
Yeah, she admits the fact that they met as enemies or let's say it was not a good start for the two of them when they met.
But after the accident wherein Donghae helped her through, she can't imagine that Donghae would just say "Are we friends?"
After all, Jessica treated him nice as she can.
To the fact that he helped her, and definitely not because she used him.
She never used him.

Although it is on their plan that she'll act as if she has a short term amnesia because of the traumatic brain injury, she used that sickness as an excuse and not Donghae.
What came up into his mind that she just used him anyway?

His mind is so unpredictable, Jessica thought. Yeah she's right. And by now she still thinks of on how she can be friends with Donghae again.

"What's the problem Donghae? I don't want someone to get mad at me, now that I am having a new start with my life after the accident"

"Yeah a new start with Kibum"

"What's with Kibum anyway!"

"You used me and you lied about that sickness"

“So that’s what you thought? You thought that I just used you for me to be close with Kibum?” Jessica asked.

“So you just came here just to ask me that?” Donghae said.

“You are not answering me” Jessica insisted.

“I don’t need to answer anything” Donghae said.

“So you hate me now just because of your wrong thought?”

“Why is that this is such a damn big deal to you? You are happy with him right? You must be happy”

"Donghae listen to me" Jessica said as her voice went high.

He took a deep breath and listened to her.
Jessica hesitated at first but as she parted her lips she started speaking.

"I didn't use you. I am so thankful that you saved me from the car,because if you didn't, I may be 6 feet below the ground. I must have died because my car exploaded after you brought me into the hospital. If you didn't encourage me to have my therapy sessions I might not be here."

"Why would you think that I used you? You volunteered yourself to help me. I never asked you to encourage me and join me in my therapy sessions. You've been so good to me all the time and now you are avoiding me"

"You asked me to keep your secret for the reason that you want my sister and Kibum back. I thought you want to bring back the old childhood friends because you already accepted that Kibum never had feelings for you. You told me that you can have someone that will be there for you and maybe it is not Kibum. And now you k-"

"I do want them to be together that's why I did it!"

"But that's not what is happening today" Donghae said "Look who is with Kibum? It's you right?"

"I've done my best. I thought my plan would work out but it didn't. Kibum just came up to me and told me that he is my boyfriend. I'm also surprised hearing that on him. But what can I do? You know how much I like him, and with all he attention he is giving me right now I c-"

"You took advantage of faking your illness just for Kibum to give you the attention you've always wanted to have"

"No!" Jessica shouted.

"I don't have any time for you" Donghae said "You are my best friend's girlfriend, he is my boss, you are just his fiancee"

"What are you saying?"

"It's better if we will treat each other like this way"

"Aren't we friends?" Jessica asked.

"I don't want to make friends to those who'll just took advantage of me and just to have benefits"

"I have to go back to work Ma'am" Donghae added as he left Jessica.
---------------------------------------------

Hyori's eyes roamed around the bookstore.
KyuHyun approached one of the employees and asked "Uhmm where is Lee Yoona?"

"Oh, She is inside the stock room"

"Can you please call her for a sec?" KyuHyun asked and the employee nodded.

"Wait... Lee Yoona?" Hyori asked.

"Miss Hyori, it is a very long story, She is now Lee Yoona"

"Huh? Is she married?!" Hyori asked.

"Nope, she was adopted by the Lee's" KyuHyun said "Oh.. Aigooo.. where is she? I am so excited to see her"

Suddenly Yoona came out from the stock room and Hyori's eyes brightened.

"Hey!" KyuHyun smiled.

"Oh, Hi Kyu" Yoona said as she smiled "Why are you here Oppa?"

"Yoona someone wants to see you" KyuHyun said.

"Who?" She asked. The woman showed up and said

"Are you Yoona?" Yoona was about to answer but the woman quickly hugged her tight.

"KyuHyun who is she?" Yoona mouthed to KyuHyun.

KyuHyun just let out a chuckle as Hyori hugged her tight.

"It's the first time that I see you and yet it feels like I really miss you" Hyori said as she broke hug.

"Huh?"

"I am Lee Hyori, your Hyori Unnie.. or the correct one is.. Auntie"

"Huh?"

"I am your Aunt!" Hyori said as she hugged Yoona for the second time.

"Aunt?" Yoona asked as she broke the hug. "Are you sure Miss?"

"Maybe it is better if we go into one restaurant and talk things over, it's your lunch break right?" KyuHyun suggested.

"But I-"

"Lets go!" Hyori said as she pulled KyuHyun and Yoona outside the bookstore.
.
.
.

At the Restaurant...

Hyori and Yoona explained things to each other and tell their stories.
Now all of the things are clear to them.
But still, Yoona was really surprised seeing her Aunt, or shall we say Unnie, because she is still young and their age were just years apart.

"Are you sure you are my Aunt?" Yoona asked "Neh, I am still young right?"

"Neh, Neh" Yoona said as she chuckled.

"So just call me Unnie" Hyori said "Okay?"

"Neh, Unnie" Yoona smiled.

"I'll be calling Jishin, so she can meet Hyori" KyuHyun said.

---------------------------------------------------
.
.
.

Kibum called for a meeting on that evening.
Everyone seated on the chairs while Jessica and Tiffany were on the seats next to Kibum.

"I will do the honors to speak so.. yeah Mr. Ahn reminded me about the 13th year anniversary of the cafe so I think this calls for a celebration" Kibum announced and everyone cheered.

"I suggest that I will treat the staffs in a 2 days vacation... Is that okay?" Kibum asked.

"Yay!" Sunny cheered and everyone clapped into excitement.

"So guys, be ready on Saturday.. okay?" Mr. Ahn said and everybody shouted and cheered.

Jessica was looking at him seriously.
He seems so bothered yet I think he has lots of things in his mind.-Jessica thought.

"Kibum can we go with you?" Tiffany asked that made Jessica turn her attention to the two.

"Sure" Kibum said "Yes!" Tiffany whispered as she glanced at Siwon.

Siwon looked at Tiffany and waved his hand. Tiffany waved back and smiled at him.
While Donghae is so busy with his phone, Jessica stared at him.

"What is in your mind Lee Donghae?"
-------------------------------------------------

"Hi Siwon!!"

Siwon looked back and saw Tiffany smiling broadly on him.
He flashed his alluring smile as well and said "Hi Miss Tiffany"

"What are you doing?" Tiffany asked.

"I am just arranging my things inside the locker"

"Oww" Tiffany said as she started staring at his things.

Tiffany giggled as she noticed that Siwon is very neat with his things.

"You are so neat, more like a girl" Tiffany joked.

"Yeah I'm more girlish than SeoHyun" Siwon laughed.

"Silly" Tiffany said as she laughed. "May I see your wallet?" Tiffany added as she picked up his wallet.

"Oh no" Siwon said as he grabbed it back "There's no money in here.. it's a shame"

"Aigoo!" Tiffany laughed "I don't care about the money, I just want to see it, okay?" She said as she get the wallet.

"Oh, pictures" She whispered as she looked at the pictures.

As she is scanning the photos with her eyes, one picture caught her eye.
She looked at is seriously.

"Siwon who is she?" Tiffany asked, pointing out the girl beside Siwon in the picture.

"That's SeoHyun when she was 4 years old" Siwon said.

"SeoHyun when she was 4 years old?" Tiffany said as she looked so surprised.

"Why?" Siwon asked.

"Why does she has a bandage around her head?"

"Oh because of an accident" Siwon said "Accident"

"The truth is SeoHyun isn't m-"

"SIWON!!!"

Siwon smacked his head as he remembered "Tiffany I am sorry, I have to go, Donghae might kill me at any moment" he said as he get his wallet and he ran away.

"But-"

Tiffany sighed. She keeps on remembering the picture.

"It's as if I already saw that picture.." She thought.

"Yuri..." She whispered.

Tiffany stood up and quickly went outside of the cafe and ride a cab.

"When she came back after 4 years of being lost, at the first glance, I thought she isn't Yuri. As I look at her again, I can still say that she looked familiar or similar to the Yuri before. I am convinced that 4 years is too long that maybe I already forgotten what she looks like. The 7 year old Yuri is so different with the 4 year old Yuri before. Yuri acts so weird when we found her. But I convinced myself that maybe because she has an amnesia that she already forgotten all about her past. I didn't question anything about Yuri but when I saw those documents on my mom's cabinet, that given me a hint.." Tiffany sighed as she was flooded by thoughts.

"But that picture" Tiffany whispered "SeoHyun looked so familiar.. as if I've seen her before"

The taxi stopped in front of their house and she handed the money to the driver.
She quickly go inside the house and sneaked inside her mom's room.

She opened the cabinet where she found the documents but it's already gone.

"Where is it?" Tiffany asked herself.

She tried looking for some photo albums. She tried to look on the pictures when Yuri was still young but she can't find it as well.
The pictures present on the photo albums were the pictures taken when she's already 7 years old.

How come Yuri's childhood pictures were lost?

"Where is it?" Tiffany sighed.

She went downstairs and asked "Auntie, where are the photo albums of Yuri when she was still young?"

"I don't know" Auntie said "As far as I can remember, she already brought all of those pictures in America"

"Really... thanks" Tiffany said as she sighed in dismay.
.
.
.
KyuHyun answered the phone.

“KyuHyun.. can you tell what you heard about my parent’s conversation many years ago?”
“What’s that?”
“The time when you attempted to tell me that Yuri is n-“
"Neh, Neh, Please"
"But I cannot remember anymore"
"Chinja..... Kyu... please know more about SeoHyun"
"SeoHyun? Why?"
"Please... whenever I think of her I always remember Yuri"
"Why is that it is SeoHyun? Aren't she Siwon's sibling?"
"Just do it.. I'll meet you later, 7 pm at your family's restaurant" Tiffany said and she hang the phone.

"7 pm at our restaurant"
"Seo JooHyun" KyuHyun murmured. "What's with her?"

"Yuri.." He thought.

"But what came up into his mind that she always remember Yuri whenever she sees SeoHyun?"

KyuHyun closed his eyes and think.
“That’s it” KyuHyun tries to connect everything on his mind.
"Maybe.. it can be..."

"By now I need to investigate about SeoHyun and Yuri.. I need to have proofs.. Things aren't cleat to me yet, but I'll find it out soon..I have to"