Everything was lost

Reasons

"Yoona I am afraid" Yoonmi said as she tugged her arms to Yoona.

Yoona sighed as she remembered the same old Yoonmi a month ago when they were first brought in the place they were in. A place, that she thinks they never belonged, and will never belong.

"Don't be afraid Yoonmi, everything will be fine" Yoona said as she comforted her.

"I wonder what would be our breakfast for tomorrow" Yoonmi said as tears ran down her cheeks.

Yoonmi's words gave a pain in her chest. Yoona knows that everything would not be the same anymore. She just give back a smile on her sister. 

They seemed to have it all - a perfect family, a huge wealth, and a bright future ahead of them. They were so blessed with everything. They will wake up each morning hearing their mother's voice as she calls them for breakfast.

"Yoona, YoonMi, breakfast is ready!" 

The twin girls ran to their beautiful and kind mom. They hugged her tight as their mother caressed them. Their father is looking at them happily. That is the usual scene every morning : happy faces, cheerful twins, loving parents.

If there would be one word to describe them: Peaceful. And, they could not ask for more.

"Yoona, YoonMi, breakfast is ready!" Her mom's words echoed in her head. She caressed her arms as she imagined how was it like when her mother hugged her and her sister. She holds back her tears as she remembered how it felt.

"Yoona, they will be back right? They will be back to fetch us here, they'll come back" Yoonmi spoke.

Yoona looked into her eyes "I hope so.. I also hope that it was just a dream, a dream, a very bad dream" she thought to herself.

"Yoonmi, you can sleep in my lap" Yoona said, changing the topic. "How about you?" Yoonmi asked.

"I am not sleepy anyway" Yoona answered "I'll watch you sleep"

Yoonmi placed her head unto her lap as Yoona caressed her hair waiting for her sister to sleep. Several minutes after, Yoona already is sleeping in her sitting position.

"Eomma, Appa!"

The twins cried as they look at their parents in the stretcher who's covered with blood around their body.Their parents died because of an unexplainable car accident. It was hard for them, most especially to Yoonmi, who's been more sensitive and was treated the youngest in the family. They were just there, looking at their paren't lifeless body as they cry their lungs out.

"Eomma, Appa!" 

Cold beads of sweat formed into her head.

"Eomma Appa!"

Yoonmi's voice is lingering in her head.

"Eomma, Appa!"

It was then that Yoona forced her eyes to open, looked as Yoonmi who is screaming in her dreams.

"Eomma, Appa!" 

"Yoonmi, Yoonmi, wake up!" Yoona said as she forced Yoonmi to wake up. "Yoonmi, look at me" She said as she forced her to sit up. She held her face and and looked at her straight. "Yoonmi it was just a dream"

"Yoona" Yoonmi bursted into crying as she hugged her sister so tightly.

"I, I, dreamed of mom and dad" Yoonmi spoke "The day that they died"

Yoona cried and said "It was weird but, me, as well, dreamed of it too" 

It has been three long years since the incident happened. The death of their parents was the start of their miserable life.

Three years ago, after the burial of their parents, they were placed under the custody of their Aunt, Choi MinRi, the sister of their mother. The twins back then were only four years old, and at an early age, as they have seen what had happened to their parents on the day that they died, it was an emotional struggle for the both of them. Yoonmi didn't speak for months. Gladly, Yoona stayed normal as she was, but then she can't hide her deep sorrow in her everyday living. Maybe, they were still lucky that their dear Aunt took care of them after what had happened. Yoona and her Aunt worked so hard to help Yoonmi recover. It was a year after that the old Yoonmi was brought back into life. 

They loved their Aunt so much for she took care of the twins with all of her heart. But fate seems so unfair to them that their Auntie MinRi died from a suspected murder.

They said that after their Aunt withdrawed the money from the bank account of their parents, she was killed by the holdapper and took away all of their money. From then on, since no one will take care of them, They were brought into an adoption house with the kids with no parents at all, and most of them were just abandoned.

 

"Yoona I am afraid" Yoonmi said as she kept closer to Yoona.

"Don't be afraid Yoonmi, everything will be fine" Yoona said as she comforted her.

"I will not be afraid" Yoonmi said "As long as you are here with me Yoona, forever"

After their Aunt died, Yoona was afraid that Yoonmi would have an emotional breakdown again. But then, she was atleast glad to see that she was now no longer alone in fighting for their lives now, she felt that Yoonmi already knows the situation, and is willing to do anything for them to survive and be together till the end.

Obviously, Yoona is much stronger than YoonMi for she was treated like an older sister by Yoonmi, who was treated the youngest by their parents. From then on, Yoona decides for everything about the two of them since no one is left to them except for themselves. It must be a miserable feeling for them for they once had everything, but that everything was taken away until no one and nothing was left to them : no parents, no family, no house or a home, or even wealth.. no love and no care. No love? Mayber their love for each other was the only thing that keeps them going on to their lives. It must have been so hard for seven year old girls to handle a situation as such.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoona opened her eyes and saw someone had opened the door of their room.

"Good morning" The lady who manages the adoption house said. "Uhm, Yoona, could you wake Yoonmi up?"

She nodded. But before Yoona could do so, Yoonmi already sit up on their bed.

"YoonMi, stand up, get dressed, someone will talk to you"

"But" Yoonmi spoke "I don't want to go alone, can Yoona come with me?"

The lady smiled and said "I also want Yoona to come with you, but it is only you that is wanted to be seen by the guests"

Yoona smirked. "Don't tell me this is for adoption" she said at the back of her mind.

"Yoona" Yoonmi looked at her "You go, get dressed" Yoona assured. "Trust me" Yoona whispered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is she the one?" The woman asked.

"Yes, ma'am" 

"Come here sweetheart" The woman said then hugged Yoonmi.

Yoonmi broke the hug. She is uncomfortable. How could a stranger hug her like that? 

"Don't you remember me?" the woman asked.

"Remember what?" she asked.

"I was the one who gave you the chocolate, the gifts" She paused "I was just watching you from afar"

"You were the one who gave it to me?" Yoonmi said as she remembered the presents she received a month ago.

"Uhm, Yoonmi, this is Mr. and Mrs. Kim"

"We will be your parents, we will come here tomorrow and get you, from now on, I will be your Eomma, and he will be your Appa" The woman said sweetly but Yoonmi turned back.

"You're not my mom, you're not my dad" Yoonmi shouted as she ran away from the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|flashback|

"Listen to me, this will be best for the both of you, that good couple wants to adopt your sister" The lady said.

"How could you tell us that it will be the best for us?! Yoonmi, she's the only one I have! She's the only one left for me! And then you'll take her away?" Yoona reasoned out. "If you want to take us away from here, take us, take US both! I don't want to be away from her"

"Don't tell me you are just envious that they liked Yoonmi instead of you" The lady smirked "They only want Yoonmi, sad to say"

"Even if I will be the one to be taken away by those couple and Yoonmi will be left here, I will not feel good about it, I'd rather stay and be with my sister than to have a fake family! And I know that Yoonmi also feels the same way, she doesn't want me to be left here all alone" Yoona said

"We are twins, how could you do this to us!" Yoona cried "Oh, really? You don't look like a lot actually! similar? maybe" the lady laughed then rolled her eyes.

"Don't you know the word 'fraternal twins'? Atleast before my mother died she taught me the meaning of the word and explained to me why we really don't look so much similar" Yoona smirked. "WE ARE TWINS, WE MUST BE TOGETHER" Yoona blurted out. 

"Sisters or not, in this adoption house you are meant to be away from each other" The lady said " If only the couple wanted to adopt two girls, but sadly it isn't, I am so sorry, but that's the way it is" 

|endofflashback|

Mom, will I give Yoonmi away? Mom, what should I do? Is this really what is best for both of us? I don't want to be away from her. I love her mom and she's all that I have. Mom, I wish you were here, I wish you were the one who will be taking us both from here, from this place. Mom, I miss you. Please tell me what to do. She thought as tears fell while she looked at her necklace. 

Suddenly she saw Yoonmi opened the door. "Yoonmi?" 

Yoonmi hurriedly hugged Yoona and cried so hard. "Why did they call you?" Yoona asked as if she is oblivious of the situation.

"What's wrong?" Yoona added as she broke the hug and faced Yoonmi. 

"They will adopt me!" Yoonmi sobbed. "Remember why I always receive chocolates or gifts every week? It was from them! It was from those people who wants to adopt me!" 

"They told me that from now on they will be my parents, and They will get me tomorrow!" 

Oh no, not tomorrow please. Yoona thought. "What are we going to do?" Yoonmi asked "I don't want to be away from you"

I guess, I have no other choice, but to do this. She thought. "I have a plan" Yoona said.

"What is it?" Yoonmi asked.

"Shhhhhh" Yoona hushed. "We must leave this place before they will get you" Yoona said.

"Huh?"

"Yoonmi, listen to me, I promised to mom and I promised to myself that we must be together no matter what" Yoona said convincingly then Yoonmi nodded.

"Look at our necklace" Yoona said as she touch her necklace. Yoonmi do also the same way.

"So now. this will be our promise, this necklace is our only last remembrance from our parents, and we will promise to this necklace that we will be together, forever" Yoona said then Yoonmi nodded. "No matter what happens" Yoona added.

"Yoona, I don't want to sleep, I don't know what would happen tomorrow" Yoonmi said as she wiped her tears.

"No, we will not be away from each other, I assure you" Yoona said as she hugged Yoonmi.

The evening came and Yoonmi is beside her in their bed. She touched her necklace and looked at the pendant. She noticed that the moon shaped pendant has a name printed in it, their names: Yoona&Yoonmi. That necklace is important for the both of them, it's their last remembrance from their late parents. And now that they promised that they will be together no matter what, she kissed the necklace and prayed that her plan would work out.

Mom, help us. She said before she fell asleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day came and it's already 6:30 in the evening.
At 7:00 in the evening, Yoonmi will be taken.

"Yoona, I don't want to leave without you" Yoonmi said.

"No, both of us will leave this place" Yoona said. "WE WILL BE TOGETHER NO MATTER WHAT" she said.

Yoona and Yoonmi tiptoed going outside the door but The woman working also at the convent stopped them.

"Girls what are you doing!" one of the children playing outside the room shouted.

"It's none of your business, we need to leave" Yoona said then pulled Yoonmi.

"Wait!"

They rushed going down the stairs and ran away from the house. As if by cue, they heard a car came which Made Yoona and Yoonmi stop for a while. They hide from the bench and saw the couple get out from the car.

"Yoonmi" The lady greeted from their back which made the girls surprised.  "Where are you two going?" the lady asked.

"Let's go Run!" Yoona pulled Yoonmi hardly and run.

"Wait!" The lady shouted.

"What happened, where is Yoonmi?!" The woman asked angrily. "They ran away!" The lady shouted.

"We will follow them" The man said as he hurriedly get inside the car, started the engine then drive the car to follow the girls.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Ouch!" 

Yoonmi cried as she fell down when  she was tripped by the rock. She was easily wounded.

"Are you alright?" Yoona asked but Yoonmi didn't stop from crying.

"Hey, Yoonmi, stop acting like a baby" Yoona said "Stay strong, stop crying, if you will not get up, they will catch us!" 

"But I can't!" Yoonmi cried even more.

Yoona sighed. "Alright, I will carry you"

Yoona carried YoonMi at her back. She walked fastly for she was worried if someone will go and catch them.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were three boys hiding from the trees looking at the 5 boys dressed with loose shirts, mouths with cigarette as they are holding baseball bats.

"Siwon look, they are the gangsters" the boy spoke in a very low voice.

"And so? let us get out of here before the gangsters harass us" Siwon said. "C'mmon, let's go!"

"Donghae, Siwon, let's just go to a restaurant, my treat! " the other boy shouted. "Shhhh! Kibum you are too loud!" Donghae said.

Donghae's eyes followed the gangsters. "Aren't we going to leave?" Siwon asked. 

"Look, these are the guys that my dad and his team were searching on" Donghae said "I want to help dad, those guys are bad, they harass kids, most especially girls" 

"Aren't we boys? They will not have interest in us, so let us just go home and c-"

"Exactly, that's the point! We are boys" Donghae cut Siwon's words off. "C'mmon, let us follow those guys" Donghae added.

"Uh-oh, I think we loose track in them" Kibum said "They are gone now" He added.

"Aiissshh!" Donghae sighed. "Let us find them! How about if they harass kids at this hour? or kidnap them?!" 

"I don't want to be harassed!" Siwon said playfully "Oh yeah you big baby!" Donghae rolled his eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What are you doing kids at this dark of night?"

"It's too late for you girls for ghost hunting ahaha!" 

Yoona looked back and was surprised by the 5 suspicious guys moving towards them. "We are not hunting for a ghost!" Yoona blurted out that made the gang leader laugh so hard.

Yoona moved back pretending to be strong. "Yoona" Yoonmi said silently.

"Why are you here?" Yoona asked with her voice trembling. "Why are YOU here" The leader smirked.

"Yah!" The gang leader put away Yoonmi at her back then carried her easily with his arms.

"Noooo!" Yoona screamed as she was dragged by the 3 other boys.

"You are so cute!" The gang leader said as he pinched the cheeks of Yoonmi.

"Let go off me!!" Yoona shouted "Yoonmi!"

Yoonmi screamed out loud. "Shut up!" The other member who's holding Yoonmi slapped her face that made her cry.

"Stop it don't hurt her!" Yoona shouted angrily.

"You will not stop huh!" The leader shouted to scare Yoonmi but instead she bit his hand "Aahhhh!" The leader shouted making him push Yoonmi away from his arms that made Yoonmi's head hit the wall.

"Yoonmi-aaaaaaaaahhh!" Yoona screamed.

Yoonmi fell unconscious with her head bleeding.

Yoona kept on shouting, asking for help. "Stop shouting!" the gangster said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yooonmiii-aaaaaaaaahhh!! Help! Help!" a girl screamed.

"Who's that?" Donghae asked.

"I think they are just near" Kibum answered.

"So here is the plan, Siwon, call dad. Kibum and I will be the first one to get there, and you will just hide as you follow us.  and of course, for back up, call dad " Donghae said to Siwon. Siwon nodded.

"Let's go!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What are we gonna do!" The gangster said nervously.

"Man, you just killed a kid!" The other gangster said towards the gang leader.

Then Yoona screamed louder."Shut up!" the gand leader said.

"Let's leave before someone sees us!" Then the whole gang run away with Yoona.

"HEEEEEEEELLLLP!!" Yoona screamed even more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Look at them, they are carrying a girl!" Kibum said.

"Siwon, stay here, call dad, wait for him, and tell him where we are going" Donghae said.

Kibum and Donghae ran as they followed the gangsters.

Siwon looked around first before he called Donghae's dad.

"Hello Sir, Yes, it's me Siwon, we just seen a crime, come here as soon as possible, Donghae and Kibum followed them, Neh, neh, Okay" Siwon said on the line.

Suddenly, he heard a car just stopped and a woman cried "Yoonmi!"

Siwon hurriedly ran towards the voice and saw a girl lying on the ground, and a woman crying "What happened to her?" The man said.

"Honey, let's bring her to the hospital!" The woman said as she carried the girl "How about Yoona? the other girl?"

"I don't care, all I want is Yoonmi!" The woman said "Let's just report it to the police that the other girl is lost" She added.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huh? I saw the girl being carried away by the gangsters. Who is that girl that was brought away by the couple? Siwon thought to himself.

Suddenly, Donghae's dad came out of the police car and snapped Siwon's thoughts. "Siwon"

"Neh!" Siwon said "Neh, neh!" Siwon said as he slapped his face Be alert Siwon! He said to himself.

"Where are they?" Donghae's dad asked

"Follow me Sir."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoona is brought in a very dark place which looked like a garage. The guys are looking at her seriously with a very suspicious smile.

"Get me out of here! HELP! HELP!" Yoona screamed. "Yoonmiiiiiiiiii!!!" 

The gang leader leaned closer to her while looking at her face. "No one can hear you" He said. Yoona looked so afraid.

"Yah!" Kibum and Donghae shouted "Let go of her!" Kibum said.

"Hahaha!" The gang leader laughed. The group looked back and saw the 2 boys standing.

"Oh,  your boyfriend? which is which?" The gang leader asked Yoona.

"Is she your girlfriend?" The group laughed loudly.

"I said, let go of her!" Kibum shouted.

"And who are you to shout at me like that, you little kid!" The gang leader is now getting annoyed.

"You are just a dirty bastard and a stupid ert!" Donghae blurted out.

"Yah!" The gang leader punched Donghae's face.

Yoona's eyes widened.

"Yah!" Kibum kicked the leaders manhood  "AWWWW!!!" The leader cried to death.

"Ooooppss, you hurted our leader you little kid" The gangster said as he gripped Kibum's clothes up.

"No!" Yoona shouted when the gangster was about to punch the poor little kid.

"Why miss pretty girl!" The gangster asked.

"Don't hurt him" Yoona pleaded.

"Why? Is he your hero? your savior? so what!" When the gangster was about to punch Kibum, a mans voice was heard.

"Stop hurting my Kids!" Donghae's father who is a police man, shouted.

"Oh!" The gang leader freaked out as he stood up.

"Hey let go of them!" Siwon shouted.

"Mister policeman, you are just only one? so what if you have a gun?" The leader said annoyingly.

"Who said I am the only one here!" Then the group of police came.

"Oh " The leader cursed. And then the policemen arrested the gang group.

Kibum hurriedly stood up and ran towards Yoona.  "Miss you are now safe, how are you?" Kibum asked with a smile.

"YoonMi ah" Yoona break down and lie unconscious on Kibum's arms.