White Lies

You Got Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cora opened the door to Ji-su and Mikki’s dorm room and walked straight towards their bedroom. She opened the door and flicked on the lights.

 

“What the hell!” Ji-su hissed, sitting up and and rubbing her eyes.

 

Mikki groaned and rolled over, hiding her face in her pillow. “I should have never given you that key.”

 

“You didn’t have to. Every member has a copy of the keys, but since MinHee is gone, I’m new team leader until she gets back.” Both groaned in unison. “And in order to embrace my new leadership role, I’ve come to grovel and beg your forgiveness.” In her hands, she held a plastic bag filled to the rims with sweet bread. She pulled two out and threw one at each girl. “I brought you breakfast, so you can’t be entirely mad at me,” She said, sitting on the floor and unwrapping one for herself.

 

Mikki sat up. “I’m convinced you got them all for yourself and are sparing us one,” Cora nodded her head. “What the hell do you want Matthews?”

 

Cora sighed around her mouthful of sweet bread. “I wanted to make sure you know that I accept the fact that I was wrong. I should have never attacked either of you the way I did. It wasn’t the smartest move on my behalf, and I do regret it.” She said, pushing her hair out of her face. “Mikki, I’m actually kind of happy you're with Nick, because at least I know he’s dating someone I approve of, and Ji-su, it’s none of my business if you like Mark.”

 

Ji-su perked up. “So you’re okay if we date then?”

 

Cora swallowed hard, and she knew Mikki saw the pained look on her face, which was why she was smiling. “Uhm, I actually wanted to talk to you about something.” Ji-su looked at her, confused. “I ran into Jimin the other day,” Ji-su rolled her eyes. “You shouldn’t turn him down just because you like someone else. I know you and Jimin get along well, and I remember you crushing on him not too long ago. Why would you give up his affection to chase someone who isn’t even into you.”

 

“How do you know Mark isn’t into me?” Ji-su asked.

 

Cora winced. “I meant might not. He might not be into you, but I wouldn’t know.” Mikki smirked and Cora shot her a warning glance. “All I’m saying is don’t shut down Jimin. He’s a really great guy, and he’s kind of really hot.”

 

Ji-su began tugging the plastic away from the bun, a superior expression on her face. “If you think he’s hot, then you date him.” Both girls smirked at each other and then looked back to Cora. “Or tell us the truth. You’ve been sneaking around with someone, and we want to know who it is. If you tell us, we’ll forgive you.”

 

Cora frowned. “Are you serious?”

 

Both nodded. “Completely.” Mikki answered.

 

Cora sighed. “Why is it important?”

 

“Because it is!” Ji-su exclaimed.

 

Cora pouted. “Fine! I’ve been sneaking around with Jongin.”

 

Ji-su and Mikki gasped. “We knew it!” Mikki laughed.

 

Cora shook her head. “No, trust me, you didn’t. I haven’t been sneaking around with Lee Jongin.” Both looked confused and Mikki opened to speak, but Cora held up a hand and looked up at the ceiling, releasing a long and loud sigh. “I’ve been hanging out with Kim Jongin.”

 

Both continued to look confused, until Ji-su asked “Kai from EXO?”

 

Cora bit her lip. “Remember when we were at the award ceremony and we ran into them?” She asked, and both nodded their heads. “He gave me his number and we’ve been kind of talking since then.” It wasn’t a lie. Cora and Kai had been talking for a few months now, but it was purely professional. And she wasn’t just talking to Kai, she was talking to Chanyeol, Tao, and Lay, but Kai was definitely the most talkative of the group. “I didn’t want to say anything because it could cause conflicts-”

 

Ji-su in a gasp so harsh and loud that it half scared Cora, and then she screamed. “You’re dating Kai from EXO!?” She asked, waving her hands wildly, but Mikki’s face drew together. She wasn’t buying it.

 

Cora shrugged. “We’re not really dating just… keeping each other company.”

 

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god,” Ji-su was practically hyperventilating. “I cannot believe,” She in a breath. “Someone from our group,” Another breath, “Is talking to Kai from EXO!” She screamed this, and Cora stood up.

 

“I think it’s time for me to go.”

 

“Is that where you disappeared to the other morning?” Mikki asked.

 

Cora nodded. “They were flying out, and I wanted to see him off.” It was true, they were flying out, but of course she didn’t go to see him. They weren’t that close. “But I am supposed to call him now that I’m home from dropping off Minnie, so I’ll talk to you guys later.”

 

“Call him here,” Mikki said, crossing her arms over her chest. “I wanna hear the conversation.”

 

Cora’s stomach plummeted. “Right here?” She asked, and both nodded, so she fished out her phone. “What if he starts talking inappropriately? I don’t need you guys hearing that,” She said, trying to get a way out.

 

But it didn’t work. “You can leave when it does.” Mikki said, quirking an eyebrow.

 

Cora dialed his number. It ra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter