Throwback

You Got Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cora opened the door to the room where Cho Hee was sitting behind her computer. She looked up and smiled at Cora. “How’s practice going?”

 

Cora shrugged. “Alright. They’re actually trying again. We’re looking better.”

 

Cho Hee’s smile became a little brighter. “That’s great.” But now it dimmed. “But we’re going to have to cut some of the promotions for the group until the progress is… greater. Just for the time being.”

 

“What does that mean?”


“It means that everything might be a bit low key from here on out.” Cho Hee stood from her chair. “Of course, the drama might make fans more interested again, but I can’t promise that. We can’t really get the word out about your new album like most artists would. Like for Bangtan, we did photoshoots, we made trailers, we did dozens of videos, but for you girls, the best you can do with how low our budget is for you, is just post about it on twitter.”

 

Cora’s jaw dropped. “You have got to be kidding me.”

 

Cho Hee shook her head. “I’m not. I’m sorry.”

 

Done with the conversation, Cora turned, stormed out of the office, and slammed the door behind her. She needed to think of something, and quickly, before Passion didn’t have a chance in the world. She needed to push, they needed to raise the fanbase.

 

If lightbulbs were to really appear over ones head when they got an idea, Cora would have been lit ablaze. She needed to break the bad news to the girls, so she could tell them her incredible idea.

 

Passion was going back to the way things had been before. There were going to be dance videos, there was going to be fundraisers, there was going to spontaneous dance battles, and they were going to make it.


They were going to make it.



 

Aiden appeared to be pretty amazed when MinHee and Jinwoo moved towards the set together after breakfast. MinHee went straight to her trailer and began putting on her makeup while Malai set up everything they would need for her hair to be finished before she had to be out on the set. For filming that day they were doing the graduation from college, when the two lead characters lost contact because Aiden’s character left the country for a short period of time, and MinHee’s character entered a relationship where no male numbers were allowed to be on her phone. They’d finished a lot of filming the night before, since they all hung around until late to get the set finished. At the rate they were going, they would have the drama finished before the end of the week.

 

There was a knock on MinHee’s trailer door before she could even sit down to get her hair started. She and Malai shared a look of fear. “Uh, who is it?” MinHee asked, gesturing for Malai to hurry and start doing something to her hair. If they were coming to get her to start, she was going to be in huge trouble.

 

“It’s just me,” Aiden’s voice answered, and both seemed to settle a bit.

 

MinHee smiled a little. “Come in!” She called, sitting down in the hairstyling chair and looking to Malai. “I think I’m good on makeup for now.”

 

Aiden opened the door to the trailer and moved in, looking a little tired and surprised. “Uhm, did you go get breakfast with my brother?”

 

It was less of a question and more of a statement, but MinHee answered. “Uh, yeah. We just had some things to talk about.” He nodded, watching her from behind in the mirror. “It was nice.”

 

He nodded again. “So… what did you guys talk about?”

 

“Nothing really. Just the reason we weren’t talking anymore. Why?”

 

He shrugged his shoulders. “Well, even though Jin is the better brother,” They both kind of laughed at this. “He’s always been kind of broody. Like he gets angry, but he never says anything about it. He just bottles it. But this morning, when he came to get me, he was… like really happy.” MinHee bit the inside of her lip. It couldn’t have been because of her. “What did you mean to my brother before?” He asked, moving to sit on the couch beside her chair.

 

MinHee shifted uncomfortably, and Malai shared a look with her in the mirror. “We were just really close in high school.” Aiden nodded and looked at her knowingly. Was he really going to make her explain? She sighed. “Fine. I dated Minwoo when we were in high school, but something happened and I lost the ability to speak for a long time, and Minwoo left me because it made life hard on him to have to learn sign language to understand me.”

 

“Sounds like Min.” Aiden said, shaking his head.

 

MinHee nodded. “Well, Minwoo only wanted to be with me because Jinwoo did, and Jinwoo never said anything. When he did, it caused a lot of tension and… we just haven’t talked in a really long time.”

 

Aiden frowned. “Well that’s pretty crappy.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter