Wake Up Call

You Got Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MinHee’s eyes opened, and she wasn’t happy about it. She’d been having a horrendous time trying to fall asleep. She had been having a horrendous time trying to go to sleep since the day she woke up in the hospital. Mostly, it was because her thoughts were racing, she was trying to think of something, anything, that she remembered before the hospital. But that night, she felt like it was because she was so uncomfortable. She’d slept a little, for a few hours max, and she was thankful Jinwoo was there because she felt that, otherwise, she wouldn’t have been able to sleep for five minutes. She felt uncomfortable in the new apartment, but she knew it would grow on her.

 

And she didn’t want to go back to her parents house. Or to the dorm.

 

She sat up and stretched her arms over her head. The sun was leaking in through the glass overhead on the ceiling window. She climbed out of her bed and started down the spiraling stairs to the living room. Jinwoo was still asleep on the couch,  though his arms and legs draped over the sides of the couch.

 

She smiled and moved into the kitchen, opening the fridge. There was nothing. Frowning, she opened the cupboards. Also bare. With a sigh, she marched back up the stairs to her phone and snatched it up, searching for places nearby that delivered.

 

She found one and got a few dishes she remembered eating with Jinwoo when they were in high school, and then messaged her mother to tell her she was okay and still at the apartment. She promised to be home to check in with them later that day, before she had to go see the girls.

 

She also changed into what clothes had been left in the closet of the apartment. Apparently, she had started moving a few things at a time, because she hadn’t quite told the others she was leaving before she’d already started moving, so she had some changes of clothes at the apartment.

 

By the time she was out of the bathroom, finished fixing her hair and makeup as well as trying to force herself to remember anything, Jinwoo was already at the door, paying for the food MinHee had purchased.

 

He turned, carrying the food with him, and smiled sleepily at MinHee. “Thanks for breakfast.”
 

“Why are you thanking me?” She asked, placing her hands on her hips and walking towards him. “You just bought it.”

 

He smirked. “Because you knew what I liked, and that’s what you ordered.” He placed the bag down and opened it, pulling the containers out. “How’d you sleep?”

 

“Alright,” She lied.

 

He shook his head. “Not even the cover up can mask the purple under your eyes, MinHee.” He sighed and reached towards her, grabbing her hand in his. “You can just tell me if my godly presence makes it hard for you to sleep-”

 

“Shut up,” She said, rolling her eyes.

 

He laughed, pulling her towards him and hugging her from behind, so she was facing the counter. “I wouldn’t be offended, Minnie. Really, I would understand.”

 

She pushed him away. “You’re insane,” She said, grabbing her own food and a set of chopsticks before starting towards the dining room table. “Are you working today?”

 

“I work everyday,” He said, collecting his things and joining her.

 

She nodded, biting her lip. “Must be an intense job.”

 

He laughed. “I’m a stunt director, MinHee. Of course it’s intense.” He said, flexing his arms and pointing around the room. “But, you know, I understand if you’re confused by how all of this came to be.”

 

MinHee laughed. “Sit down and eat, would you?” She asked, taking a bite of her own food. “You’re ridiculous.”


“And you,” He said, pushing his hair away from his face. “Have no clue what you’re talking about.” He said, sitting and opening the container he’d placed in front of him. “Do you need to go  anywhere today?” He asked lightly.

 

MinHee nodded. “Later on, I’m going to see my parents so they know I haven’t been kidnapped,” She smiled, and he just shook his head. “And then I’m going to see the girls, to see how everything has been going for them and what not. And then I think I’m going to start packing.”

 

“Packing?” He asked.

 

MinHee nodded. “I don’t want to live anywhere else anymore. This is my apartment. This is where I want to be.”





 

Cora opened the door to the practice room and smiled as she walked in. “Good morning everyone!” She called, setting her bag to the side and then striding towards the group of people. “How are you all today?” She asked happily.

 

Reina turned to her, her hands on her hips. “You don’t know then?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter