Where Do We Go From Here?

You Got Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MinHee sat quietly on her hospital bed, looking down at her casted leg. The doctor was rambling on at the end of her bed, but she wasn’t listening to him whatsoever. She was somewhere else entirely.

 

She’d amnesia? That was impossible! She couldn’t have been the person who was in that accident. There was no way. She was at her rehearsal that morning. How could she have been on the set of the After School Club, with Eric freaking Nam, and her band, if she didn’t have a band, hadn’t graduated from University, and was at rehearsal? It was all too unreal. There was absolutely no way.

 

The doctor cleared his throat, and MinHee looked up at him. “It seems the EMT’s and the officers on sight of the accident gave false report of your broken extremities. They made it seem far more severe than it was in the police report.” He held up the clipboard, narrowing his eyes as he read. “It seems they claimed that you suffered from a handful of broken ribs, a broken arm, fractured shoulder, shattered wrist, twisted ankles, and dislocated knees. However, you’ve only suffered from two broken and one fractured ribs, a broken arm and fractured shoulder on the left side, a twisted ankle and a single dislocated knee, due to the way you landed. Your wrist is definitely swollen and irritated, but nothing shattered.” He smiled. “So you wont have to worry about that.”

 

MinHee nodded. It wasn’t as if she could speak to him. And she wasn’t in the mood to write on her whiteboard. She just really wanted the cast off so she could sign again.

 

“However, we did have to do surgery on your shoulder and arm, due to the shrapnel from the wreckage, and were able to fix your arm, so the cast should only be necessary a few days longer, until your arm isn’t too weak. We’ll then switch you off to a sling.” He smiled. “We appreciate your cooperation, Ms. Im. I will be back tonight to check on you. Have a nice afternoon.”

 

MinHee nodded and the doctor moved out of the room, leaving her alone. She looked down at her whiteboard against. It was blank, but she could see the slight marks from where she’d written I don't remember you. I’m sorry. That Jackson kid had looked incredibly hurt. In fact, MinHee was pretty sure he broke something on his way out. Clearly, MinHee wasn’t sure why. What the hell was she to him? Just JB’s little sister, she hoped.

 

And Cora. Oh, she felt so bad when she looked at Cora and told her she didn’t remember. Her entire face dropped, and she immediately turned to that boy, Mark. He must have been important. Cora never cried in front of people, or on people. Clearly Cora hadn’t been lying. They had been dating for some time.

 

God, it was all too new to her.

 

She the TV that was mounted on the wall in front of her bed. She flipped to the channel ASC played on, and noted that it was, in fact, an episode she hadn’t seen. It was the two boys who had come to visit MinHee with Cora and JB. But this episode had the one boy, Mark, with pink hair. MinHee’s face twisted in confusion. Pink hair? It kind of looked like dim sum.

 

MinHee’s head throbbed, and images flooded her mind. The first was of Mark shouting something, but his voice was drowned out by the crowd surrounding him. He’d Cora in his arms and she looked incredibly angry, which didn’t surprise MinHee. She could see an image of Cora pressed against Mark, her eyes closed and her grip tight, and Mark looking around in confusion, his arms out like he was going to hug her back, but couldn’t. She could see him, helping her divide dumplings evenly onto plates, him laughing at her, him shaking his head at the other boy, Jackson.

 

MinHee’s hand flung to her head, and she squeezed her eyes shut, hard. What the hell was going on? Who the hell was this kid?

 

There was a knock o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter