Escape

You Got Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MinHee stared at the office that Jinwoo declared to be that of Ryu's fiance Park So Ra. She wasn’t sure how to feel about the situation.  No one had said a word about the fact that Ryu was engaged. How long had he been engaged? Was this a recent thing?

 

Jinwoo turned to MinHee. "Ready to go check it out?" He asked,  killing the engine. MinHee nodded slowly and opened her door, climbing out of the car. "Shes pretty outspoken,  I think you'll like her a lot."

 

MinHee nodded slowly again and followed Jinwoo towards the building. It was in a nice neighborhood, with beautiful buildings as far as the eye could see. The building that she and Jinwoo were starting towards was a very large glass building. “It’s a shared business office kind of place.” MinHee nodded in understanding as Jinwoo pulled the door open and gestured for her to walk through. She stopped only a few feet inside of the space and turned, waiting for Jinwoo.

 

He smiled and moved to her side. “Just follow me, alright?” He said, starting past her and towards the front desk of the building. He stopped for a moment and turned towards the man behind the desk. “If you could page Park So Ra and tell her Jinwoo is here,” He then turned and gestured for MinHee to follow.

 

She did, and he led her towards the elevator. Silently, the two filed in, and when the doors closed, MinHee looked to Jinwoo. “Do you come here often then?”

 

Jinwoo nodded. “Ryu had an accident a few months ago. He crashed his car, and it caught on fire. I happened to get him out, and So Ra has never really forgotten that.” He smiled. “She’s the sweetest woman.”

 

The doors to the elevator opened and they were greeted by a large area with cubicles, hundreds of ringing phones, and five or six offices against the back wall. A few people stopped, looked up, and greeted Jinwoo, before going back to their work.

 

Jinwoo turned to MinHee. “She’s in one of the back offices. I can’t ever remember which one is hers. It’s nice though. Huge.”

 

Just as he said this, one of the back office doors opened. It was in the center of the space, and there was a straight aisle of blank space towards the door, so MinHee got a full view of the woman who had moved out of the office.

 

She was beautiful, standing at least 5’6, and she was wearing black, stiletto heels on top of that. Her legs were lean and long, leading up to her beige tweed pencil skirt, which had a black sash bow on tied around her waist. Tucked into the waist of her skirt was a cream silk shirt that had black buttons leading up the shirt, which was ed closer to the top. The shirt had long, billowy sleeves that cinched around her wrists. She had porcelain skin, and her face was that of a woman who would be absolutely beautiful without makeup. Her medium brown hair was pulled back in a clip, which allowed curls to billow from the top. Her eyes immediately widened when they landed on Jinwoo, and she ran, rather gracefully, towards him. “Jinwoo Oppa!” She sang happily, wrapping her arms around him. Jinwoo didn’t seem surprised by this, and hugged the beautiful woman back. “What brings you here today?”

 

Jinwoo stepped back and smiled. “I have a friend who is in need of an apartment.” He said, gesturing to MinHee.

The woman’s eyes widened, and she let out a beautiful, musical gasp. “You’re Im MinHee,” She said, immediately bowing her head. “Park So Ra, it is so incredibly nice to meet you.”

 

MinHee looked to Jinwoo, and then back to So Ra. “Why are you bowing?”

 

“All of my fiance’s friends speak so incredibly highly of you, and all your interviews play the same information about you.” She smiled. “Please, come with me to my office. We can speak in there.”




 

“I really wanna see that video,” Mikki said, crossing her arms over her chest.

 

Cora bit her lip. “I don’t think-”

 

“Same, I want to see it too.” Ji-su offered.

 

Maria nodded. “I’m curious.”

 

Cora bit her lip harder. “Guys, it kind of tears down all of our hard work.” She shook her head. “It’s not a good review, and I don’t want your reactions to be on camera.”

 

“Why not?” Yuna asked, sitting down on the ground. “It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter