Roommates

You Got Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark leapt up and raced to Cora’s side, lightly patting her back and squatting down beside her. “Are you alright?” He asked, patting a little less, when she stopped coughing so hard.

Cora nodding, grabbing a napkin and wiping the coffee that had spilled when she began coughing. “I’m fine,” She said, gesturing for him to take a seat across from her, which he did, with wide eyes and a worried expression. “I’m sorry,” She said, clearing . “But did you ask me if we were going to tell the others soon?”

Mark’s mouth opened a little, as if he was going to speak, but he nodded first. “Yes?”

She shook her head. “No,” She said, shaking her head again. “No, and you know that! We had a deal.” He frowned and slumped back against the chair. “Mark,” She said, leaning forward and grabbing at his hand, but he slid it off the table. “When we decided to… hang out again,” He made a face. “We promised it would be kept between us, didn’t we? We were supposed to be friends in front of everyone else, and that was it.”

He sighed. “I’m running out of excuses to come out and see you,” He said flatly, and Cora was caught off guard again. “I don’t know what you want me to say to the managers when they ask where I’m going, or what I’m doing.”

Cora bit the inside of her lip. She’d a lot more freedom than Mark, since she pretty much made her own schedule. “I can’t tell the others, Mark.” She said, shaking her head. “The last time we were together, and they knew, I was always getting in trouble for going off to see you. And then when things weren’t so great between us, I kind of shut down and nearly cost us the debut. I don’t want them to think I’m being irresponsible-”

“For dating?”

“Yes! For dating you!” She sighed, shaking her head. “I know for an absolute fact that you know you affect me,” He smirked at this. “So you can’t possibly be surprised that I acted that way.”

He shrugged. “Well, I’m pretty positive I’m not going to break up with you this week, so you can worry about it on another day. But this way we don’t have to make up excuses-”

“Just because we’re dating doesn’t mean they’ll just let us leave rehearsals to hang out, Mark.” She said, taking another sip of her latte. “Besides, I don’t even know if I want to be your girlfriend again.”

Mark’s eyebrows pulled together. “I was never bad to you, was I?” He asked, sincerely. “Was our relationship bad?”

Cora bit her lip, hard, and shook her head. “No, of course not! You were never a bad guy, but I don’t-” She sighed. “Mark, there was a reason I was never with a guy that I liked. I get emotional, I get worried, and possessive, and I don’t want to deal with that again.”

Mark squinted, staring down at the table. “Right. Okay, uh, so then we’ll just…” He sighed. “I knew that damn deal would be bad luck.”

Cora leaned across the table and pressed a kiss on his lips. “Did you, now?” She asked, biting her lip. “Well, that’s too bad. I guess I’ll just head back home.” She stood, taking another sip of her coffee. “I’ll call you when I feel like it, I guess.”

Mark rolled his eyes and stood. “You know what,” He said, grabbing her by the loop of her jeans and tugging her towards him, making her giggle and try not to spill the coffee. “Sometimes, you’re a handful.”


 

 

As Jackson and MinHee approached the door, MinHee could immediately see who was looking out at them. Lee Guk Joo and Park Joon. As they approached, Guk Joo squealed happily and retreated into the house, only to reappear moments later, bouncing on the balls of her feet with her hands over .

Jackson took MinHee’s hand and opened the door. “MinHee, this is-”

He was cut off as Guk Joo moved out of the house and hugged MinHee. “We finally meet! Jackson never stops talking about you!” She said happily. MinHee beamed, and looked over at the blushing Jackson.

“If she’s here with you now,” Joon started, speaking in English, “I suppose it means you love her.”

Jackson opened his mouth to speak, and MinHee laughed. “I would hope so, Joon Oppa.” At this, Joon looked surprised. “I speak a handful of different languages, since we travel a lot.” She smiled. “It’s so nice to meet you guys.”

Immediately, she was ushered into the house. As soon as she and Jackson had taken off their shoes and started to move into the house, Se Ho and Nana pulled her aside, holding a camera and immediately spouting questions. “I’m here live with Im MinHee, younger sister to Im Jaebum of GOT7 and girlfriend of Jackson of GOT7,” Jackson moved towards MinHee, but Se Ho spun her to the side so Jackson wasn’t close anymore. “Our viewers want to know what it’s like to date your brother’s bandmate.”

MinHee laughed. “Odd.” She said, biting her lip. “But I guess it works, since I’m standing here, with you,”

Jackson groaned. “Leave he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter