Action

You Got Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cora sat in the backseat of the car Cho Hee had sent to pick her up, when her phone rang. She looked down and frowned when she noted that it was her mother. She answered and rolled her eyes. “Did I leave something behind?”

 

“What the hell did you spend four hundred dollars on!” Her mother’s voice bellowed.

 

Cora crossed her legs and lay her head back. “I was at the hospital and everyone looked so gloom. I bought them all dinners, and flowers for their loved ones.” She chuckled a little. “Honestly, I think there’s been more than four hundred but it just hasn’t shown up yet.”

 

She could feel her mother’s hatred seeping through the phone. “Young lady-”

 

“I’ll pay you back every cent. Don’t worry about it. Besides,” She said with a sigh. “I left a note saying it was from you as well. This way, you look charitable, agreeable. You’re welcome.” With that, Cora hung up. She closed her eyes and smiled to herself. She knew that she would want someone to take care of her friends if something were to happen to her, and they camped out in the hospital. She wouldn’t want them to feel alone.

 

She wouldn’t want them to feel hopeless.

 

“You sound like quite the charity worker.” The driver said, eyeing Cora in the rearview mirror. Cora sat up in surprise. “Do you do things like this often?”

 

Cora shook her head. “Not on my own, no. I think this is the first time I’ve gone out on a limb to do something like that. We used to do benefit concerts, before we were a real KPOP group.”

 

The man nodded. “You should check out some of the local charities. I hear habitat for humanity is a big one. And there’s always those stray animal ones.” He smiled. “A girl like you, in a group like you are, I’m sure it would draw a lot of attention. Attention means benefactors that will help pay for the organization.”




 

MinHee had devised a plan. She would message everyone in her contacts list and demand information, but when that plan sounded a little too angry, and she was sure it would foil, she settled on reading more messages, and noted that a girl, Malai, was one of the people she texted most often.

 

She sounded like one of the stylists, as every other text was Are you ready? Your hair needs to be done. Don’t move I’m coming to bobby pin that piece. It made MinHee laugh, but she also noted that Malai had said she and Bambam are going to get something to eat and MinHee knew that she wasn’t just a stylist.

 

So she text Malai and Bambam and asked them to meet her. She wanted to see them, together, and decide if that would re jog memories.

 

She wasn’t surprised when the door opened and Bambam held it. She was, however, surprised when a girl that looked to be maybe just a little younger than MinHee slowly inched inside. She was beautiful, with long brown curling hair, porcelain skin, and a long, thin figure. She was wearing a flowing white shirt, jeans, and white wedges. She bit her lip and waved a hand at MinHee. “So…” She said lightly. “You don’t remember me?”

 

MinHee looked her over and frowned. “No. But I was hoping that you coming, and saying a few things, would help me remember.”

 

Malai nodded. “I’m open to telling you anything, as long as it helps.”

 

Bambam inched forward, touching the side of her arm. “Just be careful what you say. JB said that if we tell her too much, she’ll shut down, and then we’re both in trouble.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter