Heart Break

You Got Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cora slammed her bedroom door behind her and locked it quickly. Not two seconds after, the knob was jiggling. “Cora!” Maria called. “Cora, open the door.”

 

Cora covered her ears. “Go away!” She shouted, slamming down on her bed and burying her head under her pillows. MinHee was leaving them, this time to live permanently away from them. Maybe Cora was wrong, but this immediately made her feel like MinHee was trying to stay away from them, was trying to separate herself from the band. She hadn’t even seen MinHee for more than an hour since she’d come back from her drama set, and this was the first thing that happens?

 

She didn’t want to look at anyone, she didn’t want to talk, she just wanted to sit in her room, alone, and think about what was going on.

 

It felt like she was losing her best friend. It felt like MinHee didn’t even care. She needed to talk to her about it, but she knew that if they sat down to talk, she would blow up, start screaming and shouting, and would regret it immediately. Her anger wasn't really in check lately, and shouting at MinHee would not make the situation better.

 

“Cora?” Maria asked, quietly. “Can you please open the door, so we can talk?”

 

“I don’t want to talk!” Cora shouted back, shaking her head, even though Maria couldn’t see her.

 

Maria sighed. “Would you open the door if I called Mark to come over here?” Cora didn’t answer. Instead, she stood from her bed and moved towards the door that linked the bathroom with the bedroom and the shower.




 

MinHee walked quietly down the darkened street towards the small restaurant where she and Jackson were meeting. She had only just finished speaking with Yuna when she called him for the address of the restaurant, who demanded MinHee tell her the truth.
 

So she did.
 

MinHee told Yuna everything that had happened, that she and Jackson had a sort of falling out, that Jackson had thrown his bracelet, after demanding her own back, and that they hadn’t seen each other since it had happened a few days before. Yuna offered no comfort, and gave no signs of sorrow, but said flatly “You can do better then.”

 

MinHee excused herself after this, and hurried out of the building and towards the restaurant. She was just across the street from it at that moment, and she noted that she could see Jackson through the wide window.

 

His eyes were directed down, and he was fiddling with a piece of straw paper. The restaurant around him was bustling, and a waitress stopped beside him, placing two drinks down, and then sliding two different bowls onto the table. She bit her lip and started across the street.

 

A small bell chimed when the door opened, and Jackson’s head snapped up. MinHee offered a weak smile as the waitress hurried towards her and she told her she was meeting someone. She moved past the waitress, who stared at her as she walked, but her wrist caught on the waitress’s shirt, and she turned to unlatch herself. “I’m so sorry!” She said, prying her bracelet away from the woman’s shirt.


She was wearing two. Jackson’s, and her own.

 

She wanted to talk to Jackson so she could apologize for ever saying they needed a break. She just wanted things to go back to normal.

 

Jackson moved to his feet as she walked towards the table. “Hey,” He said plainly. She stopped just shy of him, and he wrapped her in an awkward hug. When he pulled back, he avoided eye contact and slid back into his seat. MinHee sat across from him. “So, how are… things?”

 

“Fine,” She answered, looking down to see that Jackson had ordered them both ramen. “I found an apartment just a few minutes away from here. Twenty, I think.” She said, reaching for her chopsticks. “I’m moving in tomorrow.”

 

Jackson’s brow furrowed. “You got an apartment?” She nodded. “Why?”

 

“More room for the others, and it’s close

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter