Blame

You Got Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cora stood solid as a rock, hands clenched into fists at her side, legs shoulder width apart, and her eyes locked on Jackson with a killing glare dominating her expression. Her jaw was set, and she was prepared to tear him a new one.

 

He stood across from her, looking defeated and guilty. He turned to look at her, and his eyes were hard. “Do you blame me for this? More than you blame yourself, Cora?” He shook his head. “You didn’t even ask her why she was upset. She would have told you.”  

 

“How do you know I didn’t ask her?”

 

“Did you forget I was with Reina? She told me how you found out.” He shot her a glare that rivaled her own. “Maybe I upset her, maybe I made the wrong move, but you have been upsetting her and making the wrong moves for months now. You can’t blame me as much as I can blame you.”

 

She pursed her lips. “You have absolutely no reason to blame me, since it has been your fault she hasn’t had the damn time to talk to me!” She hissed. “Every time she came home from filming, I was given five minutes, solid, to talk to her about the set before she ran off to make sure you weren’t fuming over the fact that Jinwoo exists in her life again.” She threw her hands out. “We get it! You’re jealous! Congratulations, you’re a human being, with real human emotions! Who would have imagined? Not me, that’s for damn sure,” She leaned towards him, giving him a deathly sneer. “Jackson Wang, you listen to me now. I don’t blame you for this. I don’t blame you for being the reason she was hit. I blame you for sending her into a spiraling depression, I blame you for taking her away from us because you’re a selfish baby who needs to make sure she’s not with another man, and I definitely blame you for changing her from the caring, overcompensating person she was, to a self conscious shell of her former self.” She shook her head. “I don’t blame you Jackson. But that won’t stop me from hating you.”

 

She turned and started back down the hall towards where Mark was standing, absolutely stunned. She sat down in the chair beside where he stood and slumped, dropping her face into her hands, and crying.




 

JB had chased doctor after doctor, demanding he get an answer to what had happened to his sister, but each told him they were inclined to keep the information private until further notice. He couldn’t figure out why. Didn’t they understand? He was her brother for crying out loud! He knew that when his parents arrived, they would clear the whole misunderstanding up, but he wanted to know immediately what had happened to his younger sister.

 

All he was told was that she was hit by a car during rush hour at a busy four way intersection. What she was doing in the street in the first place was beyond him, but he wasn’t going to question it further without concrete information.

 

Reina had stayed beside him the whole time, calmly explaining the situation to the doctors JB had just yelled at, calmly telling him to knock it off, all the while trying to keep herself from having a breakdown, like all the other band members, and some of the others who had showed up.

 

“It’s going to be alright.” Reina promised, squeezing JB’s hand in her own. “You’re going to be okay, she’s going to be okay, and everything is going to just move along from here, alright?”

 

JB nodded. “I appreciate you trying to talk me through this, but I’m going to freak out regardless.”

 

Just as he said this, his mother and father pushed through the doors across from where he and Reina sat. JB leapt to his feet, and when his mother saw him, she burst into tears. Hurriedly, JB moved to her side, supporting her as she cried, and walking awkwardly behind his father as he made his way to the front desk. “My daughter was just in a car accident. Im MinHee.”

 

The nurse nodded. “Right this way,” The entire group waiting for news on MinHee stood, and the nurse shook her head. “Only family.”

 

JB turned to look at Reina. “I’ll be right back.” He said lightly, and she nodded. He then looked to Cora, who had fallen back into the seat she’d been in, defeated. “I’ll keep you updated, alright?” She too gave an awkward nod and sat silently.

 

JB and his parents turned towards the direction the nurse was moving to, and silently followed her down the hall.




 

When Jinwoo and Aiden showed up, Cora wasn’t the least bit surprised. She hadn’t really met Aiden, but she knew, the moment he walked into the room, that it was him from everything MinHee had told her about him prior. She leapt up, uncaring, and strode right into Jinwoo’s arms.

 

“It’s been awhile, Cora.” He said, squeezing her tighter than she figured he intended.

 

She nodded. “Are you okay?”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter