Bonding

You Got Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cora walked with MinHee down the street towards the train station. The girls were going to have dinner together at a restaurant just down the way, but Cora wanted to go with MinHee to get Ginger. She hadn’t really been paying much attention to her cat, even though she always fed her and cleaned her litter box. Ginger always preferred MinHee anyways, so it wasn’t too weird to just let MinHee have the cat.

 

Besides, since Cora realized what a terrible person her father was, she had no real emotion ties to keeping the cat just to herself.

 

“So,” Cora started. “You and Jinwoo are… serious then?”

 

MinHee shrugged her shoulders. “I mean, I like him a lot, and I know he’s liked me for a while, so it just kind of seemed… we aren’t serious though.” She said, smiling shyly. “It’s only been a few days that we’ve… that we’ve actually been a couple.”

 

Cora nodded. “So… have you seen Jackson since-”

 

“Jackson?” MinHee asked. “Why would I see him?”

 

Cora bit her lip. “Uhm,” It was kind of a strange question, since the two had already broken up. They probably hadn’t seen each other since MinHee had been in the hospital. “I was just wondering is all.” Cora answered, biting her lip and sliding her train card so they could both get into the station. “I know you’ve seen your brother.” MinHee nodded. “He hasn’t been around lately. Typically he and Reina spend their off time together-”

 

“Why?” MinHee asked sharply.

 

Cora made a face. “I thought they told you they were dating. They’ve been together for a while now.”

 

MinHee’s shoulders slumped. “Right. I guess I forgot.” She said lightly.

 

Cora slid her phone from her pocket. “We have an hour before we need to be at the restaurant.” She said, leading her towards the train. “We can get Ginger and bring her to your new place, if you want.”

 

MinHee nodded, smiling. “I’d like that.”




 

Cora opened the door and moved into the apartment first. MinHee remembered nothing of this place, but it felt… homey. Cora sighed, not bothering to take off her shoes, and walked further into the space. “We don’t take off our shoes because they made this a practice space, so the kids are typically wearing their shoes when they get inside anyways. It’s just easier.” She said, starting towards the kitchen and reaching into a cabinet. She pulled out a bag of cat food and shook the bag viciously. “Come on fatty! I have food!” She called.

 

There was a small tinking of a bell as an orange creature bolted across the room towards Cora, who was still holding the bag. The cat circled her feet, purring loudly and meowing as she came to a stop in front of her owner.

 

“I see some things haven’t changed.” MinHee said, laughing.

 

At the sound of her voice, Ginger’s head turned, and the cat meowed loudly, bolting back across the room and ignoring the offer of food as the tried to climb up MinHee’s legs, meowing and crying loudly. Laughing, MinHee knelt and lifted the cat into her arms. Immediately, Ginger began nestling herself against MinHee’s neck and purring so loud that it vibrated through MinHee. “I missed you too, little one.”

 

Cora groaned. “Even now, the fatty loves you more than the one who feeds her.” She said in an annoyed voice. “Let’s go then. Let’s bring the treacherous traitor cat to the new apartment. I’ve got her food and bowls.”

 

MinHee held onto the cat and turned towards the door. “Alright. Let’s get going.” She said happily. They trekked back to the train station and rode to MinHee’s new apartment mostly in silence. The whole time, MinHee cuddle Ginger, who easily fell asleep on the train to the apartment. Every so often, people they passed or sat next to on the train would comment on the cat, asking to pet her or why they had her on the train and so on.

 

They reached MinHee’s apartment in no time, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter