Memories

You Got Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jackson couldn’t move. He didn’t know where to go, and he didn’t know what to do. He hadn’t really meant what he had said to MinHee, of course he didn’t mean it, and now he may never have the chance to take it back. They kept saying she was fine, but what if she wasn’t? What if it was more severe than they had first believed it to be, and she was on her legitimate death bed?

 

He wasn’t ready for this. Maybe it was all a dream. Maybe, just maybe, he would go to sleep, and wake up in that stupid restaurant, and then he could just tell MinHee that he loved her and drive her home like he always did, instead of jealously breaking up with her over absolutely nothing.

 

“Yeah,” He said under his breath, slinking down in the chair and tugging his hood up. His eyelids were heavy. “It’s not… real.” He said quietly to himself, hoping that maybe, just maybe, he’d be able to convince himself of it.




 

Cora was glad it was raining. The world wasn’t allowed to be happy if MinHee wasn’t well, she’d decided. It wasn’t fair otherwise. She lay her head against the window and watched the rain as Mark drove towards the hospital. It was early, nearly nine, but Cora was determined to be at the hospital the moment they took her out of the comma.

 

Mark’s hand carefully brushed Cora’s knee, and she turned to look at him. He smiled. “She’s going to be okay.” He said lightly, and Cora nodded, gripping his hand. She hoped, with all she could, that he was right.

 

He pulled into the hospital parking structure and Cora was out of the car in an instant. She didn’t run for the wing MinHee was being kept in, but walked faster than she normally would. She didn’t know if they were going to wake her, or if they already had, but she had to be there. She had to be in that room when her friend woke up.

 

Mark jogged to her side, and Cora circled his arms with hers. “I’m nervous,” She said flatly, so he kissed the top of her head and leaned against her as they walked into the wing and to the elevator. When they moved into the elevator, and the doors closed, Cora pressed herself against Mark’s chest and hid her face from him. He didn’t question her, wrapping his arms around her and holding her close. When the doors opened, the two stayed inside until they closed again. Finally, Cora pulled away from him, and he smiled. “I think I’m ready now,” She said lightly.

 

He pressed the open door button and gestured for her to stroll through, and she did, slowly walking into the waiting room, where JB had just moved towards a sleeping Jackson. He looked to Cora and then pointed to Jackson. “Did he not leave with you guys?”

 

Cora shook her head. “No, has he been here all night then?”

 

“I would think so.” JB answered. He reached out and pushed Jackson’s shoulder, but he didn’t move. This time, he shook him with two hands. “Yah! Jackson!”

 

Jackson shot up. “What? Is she okay?” He demanded, throwing his hood back and leaping to his feet.

 

JB sighed. He was clearly exhausted. “Yes, she’s fine. They’ve taken her off of life support. They said she should be awake in a half hour. Until then, we’re not allowed in her room.” He looked to Cora. “My parents went home, so I’m going to call them with the update. If the doctors come out, they’ll call for you.”

 

Cora nodded. “I’ll be on the look out.”




 

MinHee’s parents hadn’t yet returned from the house to the hospital, and the doctor had just started out of MinHee’s room towards the group. All four leapt to their feet.

 

The doctor moved towards JB first. “You sister has woken up. She’s a little discombobulated, but all her vitals are well, and she’s breathing fine.”

 

JB nodded. “May we go see her?” The doctor nodded, and no one waited another moment before turning and running towards her hospital room. They didn’t wait for the nurses, who were still moving out of the room, but instead pushed through them, hurrying towards MinHee’s bed, where she was sitting, looking just as she always had.

 

She looked absolutely, positively normal, aside from the fact that she’d bandages on her head, dozens of casts, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter