Arrival

You Got Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a knock on the bathroom door, and MinHee rolled her eyes. “Seriously Jackson? You’ve already seen me. Why are you knocking?”

 

He poked his head in. “To be decent?” He answered. The door opened a little more, and he moved into the space, carrying a pile of clothes. “They brought up some food, if you’re hungry.” He bit his lip, not looking directly at her. “I can bring you a plate.”

 

“I’m alright,” She said, moving to stand. “Why are you looking away? I thought we just went over this, you’ve already seen it, Jackson.”

 

He laughed awkwardly. “Yeah but, if I look, I’m afraid we won’t make our flight.” MinHee blushed at this and grabbed the towel that he had left for her. She stepped out of the tub and then wrapped the towel around herself, flipping the drain open before she moved towards the clothes he’d brought for her.

 

As she walked towards the stack of clothes, his arms wrapped around her waist, and he kissed her neck. “Of course, we could always stay another day, or week, or month. However you’re feeling.”
 

MinHee laughed. “I have shows this month, and you have an interview when we get home. I don’t think so.” She turned and kissed him lightly. “But nice try. Get out so I can change.”

 

He turned and started out of the room. MinHee turned towards her clothes.



 

Cora kept her eyes directed to the floor or her phone the entire time she was with Ryu and Nick, refusing to answer their questions as they strolled around the mall in search of a gift that Ryu wanted to get someone. Cora didn’t question it.

 

They ended up walking into a jewelry store, and Ryu moved to the other side of the space, leaving Cora with Nick. He sighed and turned, leaning his back against the bracelet display case that Cora was looking into. “So tell me the truth, Cora. What’s going on?”

 

“Nothing is-”

 

Nick frowned. “Maybe I’ve only been your brother for a year, but I know you, and you’re acting weird. Just tell me what’s going on.”

 

She frowned. “You never tell me what’s going on.”

 

Nick turned towards her, serious splayed all over his features. “I don’t tell you what’s going on? Alright fine. I’m in a very serious relationship with one of your bandmates, but we don’t use titles because she didn’t want to make you uncomfortable. I haven’t spoken to you in months, and the one time I did was because I was worried you were getting into trouble. Your brother and sister haven’t seen you in months and, frankly, they’ve stopped asking to see you all together. Im not the one who is in the wrong. I don’t owe an explanation.”

 

Cora bit her lip. “I need to get back to the dorms. I have to pick up MinHee.”

 

Nick sighed. “Whatever. Just know that I’m here, when you’re ready to talk, alright?”

 

They didn’t talk for the remainder of the mall trip. He drove her home, told her to text him, and to actually text him not say she would and then forget, and then he and Ryu sped off. She turned towards her car, wasting no time, and leapt in the front. She knew he probably had no desire to talk to her, but he said he’d go with her to pick up MinHee and Jackson, and she figured that if she got him early, they could just talk things through.

 

So she called Mark.



 

Cora pushed the passenger door opened as Mark approached, and he slid in, saying nothing as he closed the door and pulled his seat belt over his lap. “Hey,” Cora started, and just as he opened his mouth to speak, he started coughing. “Are you alright?”

 

He nodded, stifling the rest of his coughing fit. “I caught whatever Jr. had last week, I guess.” He said, turning and looking out the window. “What are we doing going to the airport so early?”

 

“I wanted to talk.” At this he sighed audibly. “Shut up, jerk face! I wanted to work things out.”

 

Mark rolled his eyes. “There’s nothing to work out. We aren’t fighting. I mean, we can’t really label it a fight, since we aren’t dating.”

 

Cora stopped the car and spun to face him. “Are you still on that?” He nodded. “Jesus christ Mark! I want to date you! I want to be with you, and do all the stupid little things that dumb couples do. I want to drink coffee and get foam on my face and have you wipe it off because that’s what couples do, and I want to fall and have you there to pick me up because that’s what boyfriends are for, and I screwed up by trying to keep us a secret again! I’m sorry I’ve been selfish, I’m sorry I told you not to tell the others, and I no longer care if either of our bands ostracize us, because I want to be able to love you openly!” Mark didn’t move, his expression stayed the same. “Is that what you wanted to hear?”

 

Mark’s lips parted, and, keeping his face entirely unmoved, he stated “You drive me to drink.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter