Schemes

You Got Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MinHee sat in the backseat of her mother’s car, staring out the window as they drove home. Everything felt familiar, and she figured it was because she lived there for most of her life, but she couldn’t remember it. She just knew it felt right, like this was something she had seen often.

 

“Remembering anything?” Her mother asked, looking at her in the rearview mirror.

 

MinHee shrugged her shoulders. “It feels familiar I just… can’t visualize it.” Her mother nodded, as if she understood, and pulled into a drive that led to a humble looking house. “Is this it?”

 

“Yes,” Her mother answered, opening the door of the car and climbing out. MinHee followed. “You can go on inside, I’ll get your things. Your room is upstairs and second door on the right.” Her mother said, pointing towards the front door of the house.

 

MinHee nodded and started towards the building. She opened the door and was greeted by a wafting scent of Bibimbap. She had a feeling her mother made it a lot. Slowly, she turned and started up the stairs. There were hanging pictures of her family, of her and her brother posing with their parents. There were pictures of children, who MinHee figured was her and JB at a younger age. It was all so strange to her.

 

She stopped at the top of the stairs and looked around before turning and starting towards where her mother had directed her room would be. She opened the door and was greeted by a colorful room, covered in photos of MinHee and her friends, MinHee and her family, and music MinHee must have liked. She stared around at a room, which was hers but she had never seen before in her life, and took a step inside.

 

“Come on MinHee!” Reina’s voice called, and MinHee spun to her left. She and Reina were sitting on MinHee’s window seat, thought they were slightly younger than they were now. Both were wearing their high school uniforms, and MinHee was blushing wildly. “You know he likes you! Just imagine it! MinHee and Minwoo. The perfect couple.”

 

The two faded, and MinHee stared in shock at what she figured must have been a memory. She swore she would have remembered it! She remembered a lot of high school! But… maybe not all of it?

 

“I think that’s enough,” Cora’s voice echoed, and MinHee turned to her right. She and Cora were sitting on the floor, packing a box. MinHee had her hair pulled back, and it was long. This must have been right after graduation, when the two had found their apartment together. “We shouldn’t take too much.” She said, kneeling on her knees and closing the box. MinHee smiled and moved to tap the box closed, managing to close Cora’s fingers in it as well. The two laughed, and slowly began to fade.

 

“What the hell,” MinHee said under her breath, starting forward. Her memories never came to her like that. They overtook her entirely. It was never like watching a snippet from a movie. Maybe she was adapting to how they were showing themselves? She was imagining things, after all.

 

She sighed and walked towards her bed, flopping down on her back and looking up at the ceiling. What was she going to do with herself now?




 

“So explain to me again,” Cho Hee started, crossing her arms over her chest. “Why you strolled me around the building long enough for Suga and his friends to break into my office? And why did they leave Suga behind?” She asked, directing her question at Reina.

 

Reina cleared . “Well,” She started. “I figured you needed some exercise, since you've been locked in your office for god knows how long. And I’m not sure why the boys did what they did. They’re boys. No one knows why they do what they do.”

 

Cho Hee frowned. “Reina, Suga fell asleep in there. They left him there for an extended period of time, about the same time that you made me follow you around. I know you had something to do with this.” She said, tapping the toe of her heel on the dance practice floor.

 

Cora,  who had been working hard at pretending she’d been there all along, was stretching in the corner with the other girls. “Cho Hee, she really had nothing to do with it-”

 

“I know exactly what happened, Cora, but I want to hear an explanation. Why did you create such an elaborate plan just to sneak Cora back into the building?” She asked, turning her attention back to Reina.

 

Maria in a breath. “Busted,” She whispered, elbowing Cora’s side. This earned her a glare from Cora.

 

Reina bit her lip and shrugged her shoulders. “For fun?” She answered, crossing her own arms over her chest.

 

Cho Hee rolled her eyes. “You’re lucky you ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter