Let's Be Alone Together

You Got Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” MinHee murmured into her phone, turning her back to Aiden, Jinwoo and Malai, who were all waiting on her to go to dinner. They’d just finished their third day of filming, and even still, Jackson hadn’t come to visit her. MinHee had been debating on calling him, asking what was up, but Mark beat her to it.

 

He’d called to tell her he’d hurt himself, and was now going to be forced to wear a cast for a week. “No, I’m sorry Minnie. I guess he was just being… clumsy.” He sighed. “Anyways, it might be a bit before we can get him out there to see you.”

 

MinHee sighed loudly, putting a hand on her forehead. “I understand. Listen, I have to go, can you have him call me when he gets out of the hospital or whatever?”

 

“Yeah. I’ll talk to you later.”

 

MinHee hung up without giving a goodbye and shoved her phone into her pocket, completely and unbelievably annoyed. “I think I’m just going to go back to my hotel room tonight guys. I’m not feeling up to going out.” She said, turning and starting away from the set and towards the street the hotel was located on.

 

“MinHee wait!” Aiden called after her, running to her side. “Can we atleast get you something to eat? I know you don’t have anything in that hotel room.”

 

MinHee shrugged her shoulders. “No, I’m alright. I appreciate you asking though.” With that, she continued towards the hotel. Her night wasn’t necessarily ruined because Jackson hurt his foot, or because it would be hard for him to get to the set to see her. It was ruined because he hadn’t called her, and she hadn’t been there for him when it had happened.

 

What kind of girlfriend was she? He injures himself and she’s sitting around eating lunch with a bunch of people she only just met. She shook her head.



 

Finally, Cora thought to herself as she opened the door to the old apartment. She was greeted by the smell of freshly brewed coffee, and she closed her eyes, taking it in. She hadn’t been back to the apartment to be with Mark for two days, and not that she relied on being there with him, but it was nice, and she missed their private time together.

 

She flattened her back against the door and pulled her foot from one shoe, and then the next. As she moved to shrug off her jacket, hands grabbed the shoulders and pulled it off for her. “Thank you,” She said, turning towards him and planting a kiss on his lips.

 

Mark smiled. “You look-”

 

“Tired?”

 

He shook his head. “No,” He said, kissing her again. “You look happy. Or proud. Something different.” He walked towards the closet and hung up the jacket on a hanger. “So,” He said, walking back towards her. “Are you hungry?”

 

She shook her head. “Are you?” He shrugged and she reached for his hand. “I know you made coffee and all, but,” She tugged him towards the couch. “I just want to sit and talk. Just for now.”

 

Cora sat on the couch, and Mark sat on the floor in front of her, laying his head back into her lap and closing his eyes, while she ran her fingers through his hair. “We’re going to start doing dance covers again.”

 

He hummed, lolling his head to the side.

 

“And we’re going to do fundraisers.” Another hum. “I haven’t talked to MinHee about it, but I’m sure she’ll be fine with it.”

 

Mark kissed her leg, and Cora flinched away, giggling and complaining that it tickled. “I spoke to MinHee today. Yeah, Jackson twisted his ankle and it has to be in a cast for a week, so I was talking to her about it.”

 

“What?” Cora asked, not touching his hair for a moment. “What happened?”

 

“He was in the Idol Star Athletics Championship, and he took a step wrong I guess.” Cora nodded. “He’ll be alright. Actually, he took it like a champ.” He looked up at her and smiled. “Your legs feel stronger.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter